News: Please be patient while modifications are made to the new themes to add in familiar menus and features.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Guidlines - Posting News (Updated 4/1/2008)  (Read 7587 times)

Offline Kari

• Ian's Treasure
  • Let's Gohan, go home!
    • tumblr
Guidlines - Posting News (Updated 4/1/2008)
« on: April 19, 2007, 09:42:24 PM »
When posting new articles or tidbits about Sean please do the following:

• Post the date in the Subject
  • Titles in the main body of the post
  • Link to the source

This is just to keep it a little more organized, so I can arrange them. :)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 04:35:05 PM by Sable899 »

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
Re: Guidlines - Posting News
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 04:34:22 PM »
I know that many of you belong to other boards, Bean and/or otherwise, and believe me when I say that I actually encourage that and do the same myself.  I really don't mind if you repost or pass along articles that I post.  You don't even have to ask me.  I can't speak for others, just for myself.  However, I do ask that you ensure that proper credit is given and make it very clear where you got the information.

I also don't mind seeing things reposted here that have come from other boards as long as it is fine with the orginal poster, but again, I insist that proper credit be given and the source of the information is made very clear.

As for anything that is readily found on the Internet, I consider that fair game as long as you have personally gone out to Google or some search engine or whatever and have actually found it yourself for real.  For example, when it was known that the wedding was on, the first pictures that appeared on a Bean forum came from sources readily found on the net.  It was easy to go to Google and find the sources of those very same pictures, making them fair game for posting here same as they were posted elsewhere.  There are LOTS of bloggers and gossip sites that do the same without giving credit to the photographers.  Nothing published here on the SBO website, gallery, or forums is intended to infringe on any rights of the original owners and any copyright-owner objections to publishing any such materials will result in  removal of the material.