News: Please refresh your browser on every visit as modifications are implemented relevant to the recent upgrade.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Daragh O'Malley  (Read 52596 times)

Offline Sylvene

• Divine L&L
  • Mellor's Mistress
  • Once I was young & hot. Now I'm older and better.
    • Words by Sylvene
Re: Daragh O'Malley
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2008, 04:05:27 PM »
Continuing on the same line of thought, it's the same with any type of "forced" circumstance.  When the common thread is gone, there's little to keep a group of people together unless they've managed to be friends beyond that set of circumstances and are willing to take the effort to keep in touch.

Offline Blue Jay

• The High Priestess
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2008, 04:08:01 PM »
And you just can't keep up with everyone you work with. There would just be too many people.

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2008, 04:54:05 PM »
I don't disagree - you can't maintain close relations with everyone.  I suppose it's just me putting together a lot of little things . . . comments he has made about how Sharpe was special - that it established friendships, etc, and it was so important to him and they all became close friends . . . plus a bunch of other, little things.  All together, it just makes him look like someone who says one thing but means another - a positive public persona that masks a less pleasant private one.

I'm trying not to judge the man but I guess I'm failing in that regard.  He has made so many seemingly poor choices of late, personally and professionally; his appearance (when not being brushed and groomed by professionals) is increasingly dire; his attitude seems to be shifting, too, and not in a good way.  Daragh has had a lot of chances to make digs at Sean - and no mistake ladies, that bit of "fictional" commentary was a dig - but why wait until now?  What has changed?

It just make me sad, I suppose - and increasingly hopeful that I am completely, utterly, wrong about all of this.

Offline Blue Jay

• The High Priestess
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2008, 05:03:52 PM »
Well, you may be right, Lighty. I was just hopefully suggesting other alternatives. But still, let's hope you're wrong. And in interviews all actors always say what they think the interviewer wants to hear.

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2008, 06:01:14 PM »
The thing about forced togetherness is just like BF says.  After 20 years in the Army in a very small career field where you got to know everyone in the EOD community within a few short years, I can admit now that I have maintained just ONE true friend in all that time.  Human dynamics being what they are, unless there is a common thread, like Sean has with Gary in the form of footie, you just can't maintain those relationships after the situation that brought you together ends, even if it has gone on for many years.  An old Sargeant Major once told me:  After a lifetime in the Army you will end up with literally hundreds of 'buddies' but very few true friends."  Often, I think that I should get in touch with so-and-so, just to catch up on old times, but I never seem to do it.

Lynnie

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2008, 03:00:09 AM »
The thing about forced togetherness is just like BF says.  After 20 years in the Army in a very small career field where you got to know everyone in the EOD community within a few short years, I can admit now that I have maintained just ONE true friend in all that time.  Human dynamics being what they are, unless there is a common thread, like Sean has with Gary in the form of footie, you just can't maintain those relationships after the situation that brought you together ends, even if it has gone on for many years.  An old Sargeant Major once told me:  After a lifetime in the Army you will end up with literally hundreds of 'buddies' but very few true friends."  Often, I think that I should get in touch with so-and-so, just to catch up on old times, but I never seem to do it.

Sable I understand what you say you know.I was always told we have 5 friends just 5 we can rely on and know they are our friends in our whole life time.I have a real good friend from the days I lived the navy life.We have been frineds for 27 years this year.Shes from Ireland thats the only place I have never been to.I have been to scotland lots ad england and wales so Ireland is my next journey ,which me and my friend want to do together and also do pur geneaology look ups there too.I could be related to someone real famous who was in USA. Now that will be a a great find for me.Never say never and no one never knows.If that makes sense.Sable when you are ready try locating one of your bestest friends is what I will give as good advice to you because its good .
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 07:32:22 AM by Blue Jay »

Soulmate

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2008, 08:45:01 AM »
Many thanks to Mare for her reply (maybe you are still reading, Mare) - and Blue Jay for asking her (as well for the title of the Sharpe Cut book).

I thought a while now about what you said - yes there are situations in life, when you are with a group of people, and think itīs the greatest bunch of people on earth :-) We meet with a group every year for Oktoberfest (everybody of the old friends, who moved away, comes back), and I think you know situations like that: every year we tell each other: from now on we will see us more often and visit each other in the various places and phone and mail and whatever. And boom - itīs Oktoberfest again  :-)))
Everybody grows up, develops in another direction, finds new people, and the older you get, the more stressed you feel when you have too much appointments. Sometimes meeting "old friends" feels like a duty. And I think, Sean is not the type to fulfill duties out of politeness. If he doesnt want, he doesnt want. Basta.
But on the other hand: I go once a year to Oktoberfest to meet them all and love it. We all go to events like that and it IS lovely - itīs as well a warm comfy feeling to meet people from your past with whom you have been close and share so many things. So I canīt understand why he isnt keeping a loose contact - I mean - they really shared a LOT! As Daragh said in the commentaries: some people you donīt see for years, and when you meet them again, itīs like you left each other 1 minute ago. And everybody should "nurse" contacts like that - at least a bit.

So I guess that is it about Patricks humor: his way to complain that the other guy is making no efforts at all :-)))
I like the way he does it!
Soulmate

Leggy

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2008, 03:27:43 PM »
Ladies, sorry I know the subject sort of moved on a bit from this, but YES it was Daragh who posted on the board.
He found out about the board and looked in.

The Sharpe Guys are aware of all these boards, actually.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 03:56:41 PM by Leggy »

tinytim

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2008, 03:48:05 PM »
I haven't read it -just extracts somewhere, but i know she likened Daragh to a puppy dog following Sean around loyally.
I read it and right you are! I was quite angry about the way she described Daragh. A lovable, vulnerable , nice, but naive and foolish little looser, who isn't able to manage his own life! May be or not! The way she thought to have the admission to judge about him was a....:crap

hklett08

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2008, 07:15:12 AM »
from Leggy

Leggy....I'm not sure what I think about that.   :lord....but interesting to know.

kimmy

« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2008, 11:59:32 AM »

That's great!  They should stay connected to the fans.  Now.... if they would only accept an invitation to visit us......

Offline Blue Jay

• The High Priestess
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2008, 12:46:30 PM »
They are probably scared of us .......  :sorry:

Soulmate

« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2008, 12:58:25 PM »
Can īt imagine Daragh to be scared of a bunch of women 40+ gone wild - lol.
Hey - most of us are tiny - am just 1,69 m !!! And we all can be angelic here and there.

But see - thatīs what I said about the warning label at the entry - men around 50 have often trouble with their hearts....

Offline Blue Jay

• The High Priestess
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2008, 12:59:39 PM »
I'm not tiny ..... I wish I was ......

Soulmate

« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2008, 01:06:40 PM »
I'm not tiny ..... I wish I was ......

Uhm - I was talking about my length, BJ
 :rotfl1:

Offline beanyfan

• Posh Patrol
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2008, 01:53:55 PM »

But see - thatīs what I said about the warning label at the entry - men around 50 have often trouble with their hearts....

losing them in their pants??

Leggy

« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2008, 02:02:26 PM »

That's great!  They should stay connected to the fans.  Now.... if they would only accept an invitation to visit us......

:mutley: then they really would be scared!!  :rotfl1:

tinytim

« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2008, 02:51:53 PM »

Dangerous wish, kimmy. We want them still alive!!

Soulmate

« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2008, 12:42:15 PM »

losing them in their pants??

:rotfl1:
Good one, BF!
Btw.: there were reports here in the news, that all doctors in Uni-hosptial have to do double shifts - amount of heart attacks raised since Eurocup 12% !!! TWELF!
That means anyway, footie is for them more exciting then ever a woman could be !
(have read similar remarks of some certain divorced certain british ladies who had been married to a certain british footie-fan....)

Soulmate

Offline Blue Jay

• The High Priestess
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2008, 01:24:11 PM »
Oh, great, I was already depressed, but to hear I rate lower than football is really bad .......

:crap