News: Please refresh your browser on every visit as modifications are implemented relevant to the recent upgrade.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Daragh O'Malley  (Read 52548 times)

Offline Sylvene

• Divine L&L
  • Mellor's Mistress
  • Once I was young & hot. Now I'm older and better.
    • Words by Sylvene
Re: Daragh O'Malley
« Reply #60 on: November 06, 2008, 11:40:11 AM »
On Jason Salkey's site.  Latest News posted Oct 31st - http://www.riflemanharris.co.uk/news/index.htm

Offline RnRPaintGrL

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Sharpeshooter
« Reply #61 on: November 06, 2008, 11:46:42 PM »
Thanks so much!  :damn:

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2009, 03:28:17 PM »

tinytim

« Reply #63 on: October 03, 2009, 03:11:04 AM »
Awwwwww..... great, lighty. I like him very much.

If I wouldn't already own a Toyota Yaris I would buy one immediately! lol

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #64 on: October 03, 2009, 06:50:54 PM »
He sounds very different to me than he did as Harper.  I don't think that I would have recognized his voice had I not known who it was.  It's a very nice voice.

Offline galamb

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #65 on: October 04, 2009, 08:42:50 AM »
last week I saw Daragh in another english serie "Silent Witness", it's an old serie, I was very surprised when I saw him, speaking spanish, but the only time I've listened to him speakin spanish was in "Sharpe's Eagle" and it was very funny to me because it was Tony Soprano's spanish voice

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #66 on: October 05, 2009, 01:41:45 PM »
I never missed an episode of The Sopranos, so when I thought about what Galamb said I found it incredibly funny to think of Daragh sounding like Tony Soprano, let alone like Tony Soprano in Spanish.  I imagine its very peculiar to hear a voiceover by a voice you have hear in numerous other roles.

Offline galamb

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #67 on: October 06, 2009, 11:23:21 AM »
yes, it was very funny because you saw tony soprano, no daragh, even sean spanish's voice wasn't the same than the cinema

Offline RnRPaintGrL

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Sharpeshooter
« Reply #68 on: July 26, 2010, 12:07:24 PM »
Update on the Sergent!
He posted on his Facebook page that he's currently working on a version of Camelot for US TV. So far that's all I've found out but I'll update the Daragh Pages and here as soon as I find something more.

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #69 on: October 17, 2010, 12:20:42 PM »
Daragh is playing Leodegrance in Camelot.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0641713/

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #70 on: January 20, 2011, 01:28:04 AM »
Actor Daragh O'Malley returns to his roots in The Haymarket's Dancing at Lughnasa.

Nearly everyone showed up. I don’t know if you’ll appreciate the difficulty of getting Sean to spruce up and turn up but he was there and actors and supporters from Sharpe

http://www.basingstokegazette.co.uk/leisure/general/8799856.Actor_Daragh_O_Malley_returns_to_his_roots_in_The_Haymarket_s_Dancing_at_Lughnasa/

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #71 on: February 03, 2011, 12:56:32 AM »

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #72 on: February 07, 2011, 12:36:21 AM »
For 17 years, O’Malley starred in Sharpe alongside Sean Bean.

“You couldn’t find a nicer person than Sean Bean to work with,” he says. “I can honestly say – and it must be a miracle – that we never once had a row. We had a lot of silences but never had a row.”

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/showbiz-and-lifestyle/theatre-in-wales/2011/02/07/it-s-one-of-the-greatest-pieces-of-irish-writing-it-will-stay-with-you-for-life-91466-28124222/

Offline Jess

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Rich's Cabin
« Reply #73 on: February 07, 2011, 02:19:24 PM »
That's a really lovely thing for him to say.  Thanks for posting that.

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #74 on: February 07, 2011, 09:54:53 PM »
I honestly believe that Daragh would take a bullet for Sean.  I'm not sure Sean would reciprocate . . .

Offline Jess

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Rich's Cabin
« Reply #75 on: February 09, 2011, 07:56:17 PM »
You never know.... Man Love - beyond the understanding of any sane woman.

Seriously though, I work in a male-dominated industry and have many platonic male friends.  I'm not sure if this is a British male phenomenon but I've noticed that many of them have a certain attitude towards friendship.  You could have breakfast with them every morning for years, and then they vanish off and you don't hear from them for months, then they just wander back in as if it's perfectly normal and just talk like you'd never been apart.  It's just a different understanding of what friendship is.

I once asked one of my closest male friends about this and he said that he didn't consider that he needed to be constantly in touch with his mates, that he could easily not see them for a few years but the minute he saw them again it was as if no time had passed at all, and he would do anything for a good mate if they needed him.  But he wouldn't anticipate that need, or go looking to offer support, he would expect a friend to just ask him if they needed something.

He said it was that naturalness and lack of pressure which he regarded as true friendship.  I found it odd, but over time, I've seen a lot of men with that attitude.

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #76 on: February 09, 2011, 08:04:27 PM »
You never know.... Man Love - beyond the understanding of any sane woman.

Seriously though, I work in a male-dominated industry and have many platonic male friends.  I'm not sure if this is a British male phenomenon but I've noticed that many of them have a certain attitude towards friendship.  You could have breakfast with them every morning for years, and then they vanish off and you don't hear from them for months, then they just wander back in as if it's perfectly normal and just talk like you'd never been apart.  It's just a different understanding of what friendship is.

I once asked one of my closest male friends about this and he said that he didn't consider that he needed to be constantly in touch with his mates, that he could easily not see them for a few years but the minute he saw them again it was as if no time had passed at all, and he would do anything for a good mate if they needed him.  But he wouldn't anticipate that need, or go looking to offer support, he would expect a friend to just ask him if they needed something.

He said it was that naturalness and lack of pressure which he regarded as true friendship.  I found it odd, but over time, I've seen a lot of men with that attitude.

That's a very interesting comment, Jess - thank you for sharing it.  Heaven knows I'm clueless about the way men think - I appreciate them, but don't consider them like me at all (which is why I appreciate them, I suppose!)
That attitude explains a lot, particularly with what appears to be the relationship between those two.  It's a little sad, from my perspective, but I know that's because I'm looking at it as a woman - accustomed to anticipating, or at least trying to anticipate - the needs of those around me.

Offline Jess

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Rich's Cabin
« Reply #77 on: February 09, 2011, 09:04:09 PM »
I'm very similar to you in that way, so, there were times in the beginning when I used to feel quite hurt or upset in my friendships because I was judging their behaviour by my own standards, and how my female friends would act.

This friend I mentioned, he's a lovely, really sweet guy and we've been friends since we started out as graduate trainees together fresh out of university and through his particularly nasty divorce (he has terrible taste in women!)  The number of times we've sat there discussing relationships and we're good friends.

But he's terrible at staying in contact, it's almost a joke how unreliable he is.  In the beginning of our friendship I would be speaking to him every day for hours, and then he'd suddenly disappear and when he turned up again he'd be surprised as to why I was being cold and distant with him. It honestly didn't occur to him that he needed to stay in touch or let me know he was still alive!

When my Dad died he vanished for about a year, and when I finally saw him, I said 'You didn't call or text and ask me if I was ok' and he said 'Well, I didn't know what to say but I thought you'd call me if you needed me'.

Then I realised that he was like that with all his male friends and it didn't mean he didn't care, it was just normal friendship behaviour for him.  He was looking at our friendship from a male perspective, I was looking at it from a female perspective and no wonder we had different expectations!

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #78 on: February 09, 2011, 09:22:50 PM »
I'm very similar to you in that way, so, there were times in the beginning when I used to feel quite hurt or upset in my friendships because I was judging their behaviour by my own standards, and how my female friends would act.

This friend I mentioned, he's a lovely, really sweet guy and we've been friends since we started out as graduate trainees together fresh out of university and through his particularly nasty divorce (he has terrible taste in women!)  The number of times we've sat there discussing relationships and we're good friends.

But he's terrible at staying in contact, it's almost a joke how unreliable he is.  In the beginning of our friendship I would be speaking to him every day for hours, and then he'd suddenly disappear and when he turned up again he'd be surprised as to why I was being cold and distant with him. It honestly didn't occur to him that he needed to stay in touch or let me know he was still alive!

When my Dad died he vanished for about a year, and when I finally saw him, I said 'You didn't call or text and ask me if I was ok' and he said 'Well, I didn't know what to say but I thought you'd call me if you needed me'.

Then I realised that he was like that with all his male friends and it didn't mean he didn't care, it was just normal friendship behaviour for him.  He was looking at our friendship from a male perspective, I was looking at it from a female perspective and no wonder we had different expectations!

I do understand.  I've had very good male friends in my life and in retrospect, I realize that is the way they behave.

Offline Jess

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Rich's Cabin
« Reply #79 on: February 09, 2011, 09:49:25 PM »
I'm not saying though that when confronted by a man who acts in this way, it's not annoying and highly frustrating and sometimes you want to give them a good kick up the rear end. :killer

And from a distance it's not hard to see why other people see their rubbish behaviour and assume they couldn't care less.