News: Please refresh your browser on every visit as modifications are implemented relevant to the recent upgrade.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Hugh Fraser - General Wellington in Sharpe  (Read 6380 times)

Offline Sylvene

• Divine L&L
  • Mellor's Mistress
  • Once I was young & hot. Now I'm older and better.
    • Words by Sylvene
Hugh Fraser - General Wellington in Sharpe
« on: June 21, 2008, 02:29:51 AM »
Hugh Fraser played General Wellington in Sharpe, beginning with episode three - Sharpe's Company. He replaced David Troughton, who had played Wellington in Sharpe's Rifles and Sharpe's Eagle.

Biography:
Hugh Fraser trained at Webber Douglas Academy of Dramatic Art and the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Arts. He was also a member of Telltale, a rock band who performed the theme music for Rainbow, a children's television series and worked in repertory theatre companies in Oxford, Edinburgh, Manchester and Ipswich. Hugh has a wide career in theater, TV, and film. His most famous role is probably Captain Hastings in Poirot (1989 - 2002), though he has had other starring roles, such as the Duke of Wellington in Sharpe (1994 - 1997) as well as in Sharpe's Challenge.

He is also the son of English character actor Ronald Fraser.  He is married to actress Belinda Lang and has one child.

IMDB entry

He appeared with Sean Bean in Lorna Doone and Patriot Games.

The most recent sighting was his appearance in Woolwich for Sharpe Day at Firepower, The Royal Artillery Museum, Woolwich, London - May 31st & June 1st, 2008.

Offline Sylvene

• Divine L&L
  • Mellor's Mistress
  • Once I was young & hot. Now I'm older and better.
    • Words by Sylvene
Re: Hugh Fraser - General Wellington in Sharpe
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 11:59:52 AM »
Hugh spotting in an older movie.  Spotted him in Patriot games.  He was the traitor that Harrison Ford shot in the knee and Sean Bean killed indiscriminately not long after.  :D

Offline Blue Jay

• The High Priestess
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 12:07:52 PM »
They are repeating the old Poirot series here. He's Captain Hastings in that.

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 01:37:44 AM »
A Conversation with Hugh Fraser        http://www.sharpepointe.com/Hugh_Fraser.html 

Before Sharpe, you were in two films with Sean Bean,  Lorna Doone and Patriot Games. Did you bump into one another while filming?

We did not meet on Lorna Doone but we spent time together on Patriot Games as we were both away from home in Hollywood. Sean is a very pleasant, easy going person.

http://www.sharpepointe.com/WIP_ToC_2_2.html