News: Please be patient while modifications are made to the new themes to add in familiar menus and features.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Today's game. Blades vs. Owls  (Read 5896 times)

Offline Sylvene

• Divine L&L
  • Mellor's Mistress
  • Once I was young & hot. Now I'm older and better.
    • Words by Sylvene
Today's game. Blades vs. Owls
« on: September 18, 2009, 03:00:32 PM »
With an Owl supporter as Commentator.  Which annoys Lighty.  "He's an annoying prat."

An hour ago... Blades up 1-0

Shortly after...  Quotes Lighty "TWO!! Henderson scores his first of the season!! 2-0 BLADES!! *umm . . . game's not over . . .* says the Owl commentator . . ."

A half hour ago...  Again quoting Lighty:  "OWN GOAL, WEDNESDAY! 3-0 BLADES!!!! Before the half!!!! Happy dance . . ."

We have a happy Lighty!  And you know what?  It looks to be a good weekend for our boy as well.

Offline Sylvene

• Divine L&L
  • Mellor's Mistress
    • Words by Sylvene
Re: Today's game. Blades vs. Owls
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 03:01:47 PM »
Whoops!  Owls just scored in the 1st minute of the 2nd half.  Let's not get overconfident ya bunch o' slackers!

Offline Sylvene

• Divine L&L
  • Mellor's Mistress
    • Words by Sylvene
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 03:25:32 PM »
Oops.  The Owls scored again.  3 - 2 now.  And Lighty's said a BAD WORD.

Offline Sylvene

• Divine L&L
  • Mellor's Mistress
    • Words by Sylvene
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 03:31:33 PM »
Less than 15 minutes to go!  It's 3 - 2 and "edge of the seat" time!

BTW... Lighty says the Owl's commentator is still a prat.

(Lighty's sooo gonna kill me next time she sees me...)

Offline Sylvene

• Divine L&L
  • Mellor's Mistress
    • Words by Sylvene
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 04:10:51 PM »
Woohoo!  The Blades won!  3-2!  There's going to be some fights in the Pubs tonight.  Teehee!

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2009, 04:21:16 PM »
WE WON . . . so I forgive you, Syl.  :nananana:

Owl commentator was a prat.  Worse thing about listening to the Derby matches is that they combine the commentators - they'll have our two (Keith Edwards, a former Blade and England player; Seth Bennett, who does superb play by play) with one from THEIR side . . . John somebody . . .

I assume they do the same for the other commentary - the two regular Wednesday commentators and add a Blades supporter.

I don't care.  Really.  If I wanted to listen to them prattle on, I'd tune into their commentary.  I subscribe to BLADES Player.  Not PIGGIE Player.

No matter.  We won.  Jamie Ward (our brilliant little fella) went out, worryingly, mid-way through the first half and was stretchered off.  Appears to be just a hamstring, so good news there.  Killa (Kilgallon) didn't play again - that's more worrying.  Midweek the gaffer said he had a chest infection, but there are rumors floating around that Newcastle wants to sign him for a hefty fee . . .

noooooooooooooo.

Monty was brilliant, Hendo was a WORKHORSE and finally scored his first of the season.

It was a game of halves and the Owls came close to tying it up - that's not good and I hope Kevin has a good talking to the lads.

But still -

WE WON.  UP THE BLADES!

(and yes, I'd imagine the Bean is happy).

Lady Jane

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2009, 04:38:02 PM »
Well I never felt more like swinging a Pig..........United, you got me swinging a pig!

Lady Jane

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2009, 11:06:29 AM »
WTF Blades! Beaten today by Swansea, who were down to 9 men by the end. Blades 1, Swansea 2. Pants!!!!!!!!

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2009, 11:32:33 AM »
I believe (HEAVY sarcasm here) that the lads were misinformed - they were told they were going on a nice, gentle ramble in the Welsh countryside . . .

DIRE match.  We didn't deserve a win (though with 9 men down, we should have been able to pull a draw).

Henderson needs a pointy toe up his arse.

The referee was ridiculous - I hope they review his decisions - neither one of Swansea's sending offs was correct.  Send him down to Blue Square League.

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2009, 03:40:46 PM »
Is it possible to have a heart attack listening to a match?

We were losing badly (a regular Keystone Kops debacle) - 3/1 to Ipswich with 15 minutes to go . . . with a minute to go in extra time we're tied 3-3 . . . and almost made it 4-3 just now . . .

I'll take the point.

3-3.

Chris Morgan is MOM for giving us the equaliser - at least for me.