News: Please be patient while modifications are made to the new themes to add in familiar menus and features.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: a man and his tattoos  (Read 31102 times)

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
Re: a man and his tattoos
« Reply #100 on: September 18, 2008, 10:52:50 PM »
Sal is very close to Sable.  Do you think that there is a b and an e in there somewhere?

Offline beanyfan

• Posh Patrol
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #101 on: September 19, 2008, 02:12:54 AM »
Have a look at the alphabet and see what you think. All the squiggles started dancing in front of my eyes after a while!

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #102 on: September 19, 2008, 07:44:17 AM »
No, I don't see the symbols for either B or E in the design.  The yellow part above the symbols looks like a regular E, but I think that's just how it came out.  Maybe when I have more time to devote to it, I can make out some other letters.

Offline beanyfan

• Posh Patrol
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #103 on: September 19, 2008, 10:37:04 AM »
Thanks MF-glad it wasn't just me being thick then!

Have i got a diffferent alphabet then Sable?  (if you haven't left yet?)

Offline Dusty

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Rich's Cabin
« Reply #104 on: September 19, 2008, 11:11:52 AM »
I've been dying to say this for a few years now. And I'm going to do it now...

Their elvish 'nine' tattoos are misspelled. They should be 'nerte', the Elvish word for 'nine', not the English word 'nine'. That's like... spelling a Spanish word with Russian characters, doesn't make sense.
 :furious:

And if I am incorrect in reading the 'nine' tattoo and it is actually 'nerte', then I take it back. 
On occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary ~James Nicoll

sophia

« Reply #105 on: September 19, 2008, 11:29:10 AM »
maybe so, I am always confused with the elwish language...

Offline Blue Jay

• The High Priestess
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #106 on: September 19, 2008, 01:48:11 PM »
I've been dying to say this for a few years now. And I'm going to do it now...

Their elvish 'nine' tattoos are misspelled. They should be 'nerte', the Elvish word for 'nine', not the English word 'nine'. That's like... spelling a Spanish word with Russian characters, doesn't make sense.
 :furious:

And if I am incorrect in reading the 'nine' tattoo and it is actually 'nerte', then I take it back. 

Well, Elvish is a made up language, so it means what we want it to mean, don't you think? And we can't check, because as far as I know the only picture on which you can see it is on the Macbeth poster with the three witches. Pity.

Offline Dusty

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Rich's Cabin
« Reply #107 on: September 19, 2008, 02:03:35 PM »
Tolkien developed a whole language. Two actually. Sindarian and Quenya. You can find some dictionaries online and people actually speak these (not sure WHY).
On occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary ~James Nicoll

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #108 on: September 19, 2008, 03:29:06 PM »
Yes, there are the Sindarin and Quenyan dialects but there is also a High Elvish dialect (think RP English).  Then you put it together with the different alphabets and fonts and you could translate nerte or nine into several different things.  Putting it simple, I'll never tell what it says just like Lighty and BJ will never tell what theirs mean.

Offline Blue Jay

• The High Priestess
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #109 on: September 19, 2008, 04:51:08 PM »
Nope ....

Soulmate

« Reply #110 on: September 20, 2008, 05:52:44 AM »
Of course you wonīt tell and itīs perfectly understandable...............
I just think about things that could start with "SA" ................................ lol

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #111 on: September 20, 2008, 12:22:49 PM »
We'll just have to use our imaginations as to what the tattoo means.  In any case, it's very nice.

tinytim

« Reply #112 on: September 21, 2008, 03:13:38 PM »
....In any case, it's very nice.

Yep, Sable. Whatever it means...you made a very good choice. I see a lot of tatoos every day. And I don't like tatoos automatically. I've seen ugly, strange, nice, beautiful and special. Yours is beautiful AND special. Congrats!!

creighton

« Reply #113 on: September 30, 2008, 04:33:36 PM »
This is the one my daughter got. Since she is 38 I certainly have no say if she marks up her body.
Looks like it is on her butt. It is not it is just over the left ovary area.

At least she was smart and got something that wouldn not have to be removed due to embarassment.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 04:35:24 PM by creighton »

Mike

« Reply #114 on: October 01, 2008, 03:01:54 AM »
It looks very good.

I have the inscript of the ring (The Ring) around my left upper arm. So something in Elvish too.