News: Please be patient while modifications are made to the new themes to add in familiar menus and features.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: HBO's Game of Thrones Season 1  (Read 395376 times)

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
Re: HBO's Game of Thrones
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2009, 11:31:08 AM »
According to some other postings over there, GoT will have representation at Comiccon in San Diego.  I seem to recall a certain little Beanophile is attending in an official capacity this year?????  Hmmmmmm....whispers can be come ideas and ideas can become plans and plans can come to fruition....
 :mutley:

Offline Sylvene

• Divine L&L
  • Mellor's Mistress
  • Once I was young & hot. Now I'm older and better.
    • Words by Sylvene
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2009, 12:06:36 PM »
I had expected them to be there, but don't see anything in the programming.  Who knows... Still a week out.  Things may change.  Last minute additions, etc.

Lady Jane

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2009, 12:53:46 PM »
You can only imagine how much i want this rumour to be true! Sean in Belfast! I spent tuesday shopping there with my friend, and dreaming of Sean filming there.

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2009, 01:10:27 PM »
I'm glad that I get HBO, so that I will be able to watch it when it is first broadcast.  If Sean is in it , of course.

If you get to see Sean in Belfast, Lady Jane, you'll have to tell us all about it.

Lady Jane

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2009, 01:14:07 PM »
Dont worry moonflower, I will bore you all to death about it!!

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2009, 01:25:44 PM »
Oh, we won't be bored by accounts of Sean, Lady Jane!

tinytim

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2009, 03:32:26 PM »
Oh...I'm listening to the audiobooks of George R. R. Martin in German just now. I think there would be several intersting roles for Sean. The books are quite popular in Germany. Fingers crossed that something will be realized!

Offline Sylvene

• Divine L&L
  • Mellor's Mistress
    • Words by Sylvene
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2009, 07:19:32 PM »
Holy.... look what I found... while checking to see if more news about Bean's last "flare" up was picked up by other news outlets.

* Sean Bean, who is one of the first stars to be cast in the TV drama A Game Of Thrones, based on the fantasy novels A Song Of Ice And Fire by George R. R. Martin.

Sean Bean

Rugged: Sean Bean

The tales are epic in structure, and are set in a land that has been torn apart by a civil war and divided into seven kingdoms.

There are warring factions and divided loyalties and I can’t pretend to tell you much more, because I couldn’t get beyond the first couple of chapters.

But I know Game Of Thrones has legions of fans — not least because it’s also a computer game.

Anyway, Bean has been asked to play one of the patriarchs of the warring tribes. He knows this kind of territory well, having played Boromir in Peter Jackson’s Lord Of The Rings films. A one-hour pilot show will be shot on location in Belfast in the autumn, with Tom McCarthy directing. Actor Peter Dinklage will also star.

The plan by the Rain Mark production company is to make the pilot and hope that HBO will say ‘yes’ to a further nine episodes in the first series.

Bean was also seen this year in Channel 4’s excellent drama films The Red Riding Trilogy, based on the novels by David Peace.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1200242/BAZ-BAMIGBOYE-Jackos-West-End-financial-thriller.html#ixzz0LTHZEbBz

So maybe it's a really, really good source that was first quoted.  Hopefully it's not just rumours feeding rumours... 'cos this *is* the Daily Mail

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2009, 08:08:12 PM »
We should know soon as other more reputable papers will actually confirm this sort of thing before reporting it an fans were told to look for a major casting announcement coming soon.  But considering all the hoopla that has been going on and how the producers have actually been communicating with the books' author and the "legions of fans", I'm leaning towards this being the truth.

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2009, 08:42:43 PM »
That Daily Mail article makes it sound very promising that Sean actually has been cast in the production.

Is the Daily Mail akin to The Mirror, in that it's not always reputable?

Offline Blue Jay

• The High Priestess
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2009, 05:28:59 AM »
It's not as bad. They are usually pretty accurate.

Here's another rumour one:

http://iwasneveryoung.wordpress.com/2009/07/16/game-of-thrones-show-sean-bean-and-peter-dinklage/
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 06:02:52 AM by Blue Jay »

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2009, 07:45:49 AM »

Offline Sylvene

• Divine L&L
  • Mellor's Mistress
    • Words by Sylvene
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2009, 02:08:49 PM »
Rumor jumps from blog to blog.  :)

One Ring dot net talks about it too.  http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2009/07/17/32730-has-sean-bean-landed-a-juicy-role-in-a-game-of-thrones/

Offline Blue Jay

• The High Priestess
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2009, 02:31:10 PM »
I decided it were high time to read the books ... Got myself number 1 this afternoon.

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2009, 07:14:30 PM »
Let us know how you like it, Blue Jay.

Offline Sylvene

• Divine L&L
  • Mellor's Mistress
    • Words by Sylvene
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2009, 11:25:43 PM »
If anyone is interested... the leaked script has been floating around since December.

http://www.box.net/shared/e046azo9j2

Offline Sylvene

• Divine L&L
  • Mellor's Mistress
    • Words by Sylvene
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2009, 11:33:08 PM »

Offline Sylvene

• Divine L&L
  • Mellor's Mistress
    • Words by Sylvene
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2009, 11:41:06 PM »
Northern Ireland confirmed in May that HBO would be filming the pilot there.  http://www.northernireland.gov.uk/news/news-ofmdfm/news-ofmdfm-april-2009/news-ofmdfm-210409-hbo-to-film.htm

First Minister Peter D Robinson MP MLA and deputy First Minister Martin McGuinness MP MLA, have confirmed that HBO, the USA’s leading pay cable network, will film a TV pilot in Northern Ireland this year.

'A Game of Thrones', is scheduled to arrive in the third quarter of 2009 and is set to be an epic project. It is expected that the production will utilise various locations, as well as build a massive set in the Paint Hall.

Mr Robinson said: “This is the first time that a TV production of such vast size and scale has been filmed in Northern Ireland. The announcement comes following the visit by the deputy first Minister and I to Los Angeles in March. It will be a welcome boost to the production sector, helping develop the industry here and bringing employment and investment to Northern Ireland.

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2009, 12:06:16 AM »
Interesting script - at least that version has quite a bit of the Eddard character.  Too bad he bites it (though he doesn't seem to in that section).

I enjoyed reading the dialogue about Ned being a 'northman' who loved the north so much.  How fitting for a Yorkshireman.

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2009, 01:41:57 AM »
Actually, Ned survives till near the end of the first book.  Based on the scenes covered in the pilot script, it would appear that they are going to take their time getting thru the first book.  Now, if they are using Game of Thrones, the first book,to build an entire multi-year series, then Ned will be around for quite some time.  If they plan on one book per season, then he will likely die in episode 8 or 9 of the planned 10 episodes.  I noted that they are aging the children up by 2 years, but also they age Ned and his brother Benjen.  Ned is noted as 40 and Benjen is noted as 40's.  Benjen goes missing in the early part of the first book but reappears in book 3, aged even older.  Benjen and Ned are very much alike in aphysical ppearance.  So, as Sylvene suggested somewhere, it would be easy for Sean to pick up the role of Benjen a few years down the road when Benjen reappears.  How cool would that be?