News: Please refresh your browser on every visit as modifications are implemented relevant to the recent upgrade.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: HBO's Game of Thrones Season 1  (Read 396747 times)

Offline Blue Jay

• The High Priestess
  • Mellor's Mistress
Re: HBO's Game of Thrones
« Reply #200 on: September 24, 2009, 01:11:21 PM »
I know Sylvene is going to laugh about this, because she thinks I'm addicted to podcasts, but this way I found three free podcasts you can subscribe through via iTunes. If you have and iPod you can put them on there, but even if you don't, you can install iTunes for free and download them onto your computer. www.itunes.com. The podcasts to look for are A Podcast of Ice and Fire, The Ice and Fire Podcast and the George R.R. Martin Podcast (done by the writer himself.

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #201 on: September 26, 2009, 11:34:45 AM »
Some suspicion on the Winter is Coming blog that they've cast Benjen - Joseph Mawle

He looks a LOT like Sean, really . . .

Lady Jane

« Reply #202 on: September 26, 2009, 11:44:36 AM »
If thats true then its a good choice. He looks the part. Ive always pictured David Thewlis as Benjen, but Joseph Mawle would work  too, similar looks. He is is also similar to Sean.

Offline exbill

• Bad Boys Club
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #203 on: September 26, 2009, 12:20:35 PM »
He looks a LOT like Sean, really . . .

Lighty I  think one of us needs a visit to the opticians.  Or is that the female version of beer goggles ?      :flirt:

Offline Blue Jay

• The High Priestess
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #204 on: September 26, 2009, 12:39:50 PM »
I agree, EB, or it may be that it's just the neanderthal thingie ...... :mutley:

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #205 on: September 26, 2009, 12:57:44 PM »
No, not seeing things that aren't there - it's the squint, the size (not the shape) of his nose, the general proportion of his face.  He's longer and leaner looking than SB - but many similarities.

I don't find him terribly attractive, however, so no, no beer goggles (and yes, we ladies definitely wear them, too!)

Offline exbill

• Bad Boys Club
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #206 on: September 26, 2009, 01:00:49 PM »
 :rofl

tinytim

« Reply #207 on: September 26, 2009, 03:17:55 PM »
 :rofl  :funpost:
Btw. Did I ever mention that I'm living in the city where the first bones of Neanderthals were found? ;-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neanderthal,_Germany

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neanderthal

The valley was named after the theologian Joachim Neander, who lived nearby in Düsseldorf in the late 17th century. "Neander" is a classicized form of the common German surname Neumann. In turn, the hominid was named after the valley, where the first Neanderthal remains were found. The term Neanderthal Man was coined in 1863 by the Anglo-Irish geologist William King.

Katharine

« Reply #208 on: September 28, 2009, 08:41:08 AM »
Wow.  Talk about creative design - I've been saying for a couple years he should consider blepharoplasty . . .

Personally I don't like blepharoplasty... very fake...
And Sean is just the same adorable whatever his look is :flirt:
Though I have to admit the poster does look good but I still prefer his own hair color :flirt:

Katharine

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #209 on: September 28, 2009, 09:21:12 AM »
Personally I don't like blepharoplasty... very fake...

Only fake if it's poorly done . . . otherwise, you probably don't even notice it.  Think about it . . .

*self edited - posted before coffee . . .*
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 09:51:59 AM by lighty »

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #210 on: September 30, 2009, 01:02:11 PM »
The Call for Extras has gone out.  Anyone fit the bill?

http://www.extrasni.com/news

HBO's fantasy 'Game of Thrones' URGENTLY needs male horseriders!
HBO have begun production in Belfast of their latest TV series 'A Game of Thrones' based on George R.R. Martin's award winning novel of the same name. Described as "an epic struggle for power set in a vast and violent fantasy kingdom" - our extras are surely in for a treat. The starring cast includes Sean Bean, Mark Addy, Peter Dinklage and Lena Headey amongst many more.

Filming is due to take place in Northern Ireland in the last week of October and first two weeks of November and of course all our medieval and character faces that have been used on Universal's feature film "Your Highness" will be at the top of the list for this project, however, the thing we urgently require for paid work are CONFIDENT & EXPERIENCED MALE HORSERIDERS, aged 16-60. If this describes you or someone you know, please send in a clear photo along with full name, height and contact telephone numbers to carla@extrasni.com URGENTLY.

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #211 on: September 30, 2009, 01:10:22 PM »
They aren't going to get many applicants from this site, unless someone is willing to have a sex change operation.  Or maybe some of us ladies can bind our breasts, and use wigs and makeup to look like a man.  Unfortunately, I still wouldn't qualify.  Even though I love horses, I'm not a confident and experienced rider.

Offline Blue Jay

• The High Priestess
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #212 on: September 30, 2009, 01:10:37 PM »
Now suppose you're a confident and experienced male horserider of 61?

Offline Blue Jay

• The High Priestess
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #213 on: September 30, 2009, 01:11:47 PM »
They aren't going to get many applicants from this site, unless someone is willing to have a sex change operation.  Or maybe some of us ladies can bind our breasts, and use wigs and makeup to look like a man.  Unfortunately, I still wouldn't qualify.  Even though I love horses, I'm not a confident and experienced rider.

Well, they didn't post it on here, besides, why not? Most of the Rohirim in LOTR were women too. Oops, did I spoil anything now?

:catlaff

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #214 on: September 30, 2009, 02:50:52 PM »
Just go to a horseshow or rodeo sometime and count the number of women riders to the number of men riders.  Its nearly a 2 to 1 ratio in favor of the women.  I think if they need a very large number of riders they are going to have to bow to the realities and make women up to look like men.  Besides, put armor, helm and cloak on them and who would ever know?

Lady Jane

« Reply #215 on: September 30, 2009, 03:09:54 PM »
NI Extras didnt get back to me, though I e-mailed them twice begging to be considered for game of thrones, then they post that on their website! Im not male and dont know one end of a horse from another, and besides, horses are big smelly creatures, so that rules me out! Maybe they didnt reply because they are sick of girls wanting to get on set to be near the Bean????

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #216 on: September 30, 2009, 03:13:41 PM »
Sean's double in Peril (Challenge?) was a girl.

Sorry the Extra's place never responded to you, LJ - did you remember to wipe the drool off the letter?  That's usually a dead giveaway that a bird is more interested in the Bean than the work . . .

:flirt:

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #217 on: September 30, 2009, 03:21:35 PM »
Its more likely girls want to get near to Nicolaj Coster Waldau or the other young studs playing Jon Snow, Robb Stark and Viserys.  Did you send them a head shot? or a pic of you in Medieval garb?

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #218 on: September 30, 2009, 03:25:15 PM »
Its more likely girls want to get near to Nicolaj Coster Waldau or the other young studs playing Jon Snow, Robb Stark and Viserys.

Works for me . . . he needs another infant like he needs a hole in his head . . .

Are you a reenactor, LJ? 

Lady Jane

« Reply #219 on: September 30, 2009, 04:45:50 PM »
No, Im not a reenacter, and I didnt send in pics. They hold open days where they photograph everyone for their database, but they havent had one for ages , think they just have a lot of people on their books right now and are not looking for more.