News: Please refresh your browser on every visit as modifications are implemented relevant to the recent upgrade.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: HBO's Game of Thrones Season 1  (Read 396121 times)

Offline Blue Jay

• The High Priestess
  • Mellor's Mistress
Re: HBO's Game of Thrones
« Reply #420 on: March 20, 2010, 02:09:50 PM »
 :bride: has no say whatsoever. Just imagine ...... No film would ever be made anywhere if the spouses could have a say in who was to be cast.

shalgerson

« Reply #421 on: March 20, 2010, 02:18:17 PM »
I know, BJ, I know!!!  But I do like to think about  :bride:'s any potential discomforture, especially after seeing those clips of her "stunning" "performance" in Robin Hood  :sooobad

Offline Blue Jay

• The High Priestess
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #422 on: March 20, 2010, 03:02:59 PM »
 :mutley:

Eve

« Reply #423 on: March 20, 2010, 09:51:40 PM »
Quote from grrm on Not a Blog
Plus bad news on various fronts that I cannot talk about.

http://grrm.livejournal.com/

He needs to spend less time on his Blog and more time on his books!!!

shalgerson

« Reply #424 on: March 21, 2010, 09:50:03 AM »
 Good point, Eve! 

Eve

« Reply #425 on: March 21, 2010, 07:53:23 PM »
I just hope he stays healthy.  I'd hate (God forbid) for him to kick the bucket without finishing up the series. 

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #426 on: March 21, 2010, 11:26:00 PM »
Another good point, Eve.  Fans of the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan were lucky to have found an author who could write very much like Jordan to finish up that series after Jordan passed away.  But, given the complexity of the ASOIAF series I doubt fans would be so lucky should they lose GRRM.

Offline Annie

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Sharpeshooter
« Reply #427 on: March 22, 2010, 12:02:17 PM »

It's Monday, I'm struggling with work and reading the above has started nme thinking - always dangerous!

Ian McKellan has talked about the Hobbit on his website (the BBC have picked up on the fact that filming on the 2 parter starts in July) and that 'a lot of old friends will be reunited' -  especially, it seems, for part 2 which will be a bridge between the Hobbit proper and LOTR.

I realise that I'm adding 2 and 2 together and coming up with 46 but is there a possibility that SB may be contemplating  pulling out of one to do the other?  I've got no idea whether it's possible or not, my brain is just coming up with these random thoughts.

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #428 on: March 22, 2010, 01:34:49 PM »
Its already been mentioned that the "younger" characters, and comparatively speaking, Boromir is younger, may only make cameo appearances, if any at all and would likely be played by someone much younger.  Boromir was human afterall.  GoT filming is beginning in June and runs thru November.  Nikolaj Coster Waldau doesn't have to be on set until July.  I'm sure they have a master plan for when each member of the extensive cast has to be present and  I'm sure he knows exactly when he has to be there and has plenty of time to fill.

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #429 on: March 22, 2010, 02:06:32 PM »
AS he likes to keep busy,maybe  this is something to do while filming in Ireland.     
A CONTEMPORARY version of Camelot is heading to TV from the same US TV channel responsible for controversial epic, Spartacus: Blood and Sand.

Based on Thomas Malory’s 15th Century compilation, Le Morte d’Arthur, the 10-episode series aims to [re]-“tell the universal story of Camelot on a global scale”, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Casting is currently under way with a view to commencing production in June in Ireland, where both The Tudors and HBO’s upcoming Game of Thrones, starring Sean Bean, are filmed.

http://www.indielondon.co.uk/TV-Review/contemporary-camelot-heading-to-tv

shalgerson

« Reply #430 on: March 22, 2010, 02:16:05 PM »
Given SB's recent penchant for piggy-backing shootings (i.e., the South Africa pair), that would be an interesting possibility.  I'd love to see him in something of Camelot!!!

Besides, it would keep him away from  :bride: and give us more projects to look forward to.

Offline Annie

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Sharpeshooter
« Reply #431 on: March 23, 2010, 09:17:20 AM »
I knew someone on here would have a sensible answer to my brain wanderings!!

A Camelot project sounds good - the other half is keen on anything Arthurian so there wouldn't be a problem trying to watch it.

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #432 on: March 24, 2010, 01:04:03 AM »

From Not A Blog
There's more news, both bad and good, on several different fronts, none of which I am at liberty to talk about just now. Soon, maybe.

http://grrm.livejournal.com/

shalgerson

« Reply #433 on: March 24, 2010, 10:06:28 AM »
 :hum: Interesting  :hum: <ominous music playing>  :backout

Offline Annie

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Sharpeshooter
« Reply #434 on: March 24, 2010, 12:14:29 PM »
I wish he'd stop telling us all that there's bad news and then saying he can't tell what it is !!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Blue Jay

• The High Priestess
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #435 on: March 24, 2010, 12:20:44 PM »
Well, he's a writer and he's great at cliffhangers.

:loopy:

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #436 on: March 24, 2010, 12:41:37 PM »
Do yourself a favour: Don’t read this bookDubbed the ‘American Tolkien,’ George R.R. Martin is four books into one of the best fantasy series of all time. The problem? An angry contingent of fans who are afraid he’ll leave them hanging 

http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/books/article/784607--do-yourself-a-favour-don-t-read-this-book

Eve

« Reply #437 on: March 24, 2010, 06:04:38 PM »
Those books are like crack...can't stop reading them and keep coming back for more.  I found out that the friend that got me hooked on this series never even finished the series.  After The Red Wedding, she threw the book across the room and has not read any since.  I keep telling her she MUST pick it back up!

Offline Sylvene

• Divine L&L
  • Mellor's Mistress
  • Once I was young & hot. Now I'm older and better.
    • Words by Sylvene
« Reply #438 on: March 24, 2010, 06:24:06 PM »
Teehee... Eve - that sounds like me.  But I care for books better than that, although I *was* ready to throw them across the room.  It had been years since I read the first 2, so when I did re-read them, I remembered why I stopped in the first place.  LoL.  I have to be in the right mood to read them.  He's an excellent writer, but life is depressing enough not to have to read about more depressing stuff.  Especially book 2.. urgh. I don't need to read about Sansa's humiliation all over again.

Eve

« Reply #439 on: March 24, 2010, 08:05:20 PM »
I have the four books, and I had to have them in Hardback.  THEN...I put them all on my Kindle. 

Re-reading them, I find myself yelling at the text saying..."DON'T GO NED!! DON'T DO IT!  STAY AT WINTERFELL!!!"