News: Please refresh your browser on every visit as modifications are implemented relevant to the recent upgrade.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: HBO's Game of Thrones Season 1  (Read 396012 times)

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
Re: HBO's Game of Thrones
« Reply #500 on: July 11, 2010, 06:25:11 PM »
Sable I just read your post on that site. Please post it here as well, because I (and other people ) totality agree with you!!!
Sean is very humble and an avid reader!!

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #501 on: July 11, 2010, 06:33:46 PM »
Lasue, just put up the link so others can comment if they like.

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #502 on: July 11, 2010, 07:29:49 PM »
I'll agree with the two questioners, Sable!  Where did you hear that he was unsure of his ability (to perform a role that is probably the least 'complicated' of any of the major characters in the novels and which is, frankly, fairly simplistic and straightforward).

Did he actually say that?  It sounds like something he might say - while doing his 'aw, shucks ma'am - I'm no expert, really' routine . . .
 :funshit:

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #503 on: July 12, 2010, 01:08:38 AM »
I tought that maybe after "Faceless" he was a bit careful with Pilots and US TV Networks.

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #504 on: July 12, 2010, 09:39:00 AM »
I suspect you're right, patch.  I'm sure Faceless was a disappointment to him (along with the rest of us . . .) and has made him even more leery of getting involved with US television projects.

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #505 on: July 12, 2010, 10:15:47 AM »
While HBO is a US corporation, the actual production of GoT was contracted out to a British firm.  It was probably a big selling point.

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #506 on: July 12, 2010, 06:00:28 PM »
I agree that Ned ( on the surface ) seems to be a very straight forword uncomplicated person. However he has a lot of secrets
and is constantly being put in stressful situations by friends and family. Also there's that messy death scene to deal with.
So all that would require a good actor to make Eddward come to life for the audience. I think he's the only actor ( alive today )
that can do a really excellent death scene.

seanya_ro

« Reply #507 on: July 15, 2010, 02:06:25 AM »
oh! he is always the perfect man to die, no matter how horrible the death is!
an he always did a thing with uncomplicated caracters. he's bringing them to life and even they are not main lead, he's getting more attention than intended

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #508 on: July 15, 2010, 03:08:32 PM »
'Game of Thrones' casting news

Varys, the calculating spymaster for the king of Westeros, will be played by UK actor Conleth Hill.
The role of Waymar Royce has been recast due to a scheduling issue. Jamie Campbell-Bower had played the role in the pilot but when the producers decided to do reshoots of his scenes, Campbell-Bower was unavailable. The role of Royce will now be played by Rob Ostlere.

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com/entertainment_tv/2010/07/game-of-thrones-casting-news.html

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #509 on: July 16, 2010, 09:39:51 AM »
Game of Thrones open Horseriding casting
Fri, Jul 16, 2010
News
HBO’s Game of Thrones urgently require experienced male horseriders (aged 16–65) with swarthy skin and dark hair and/or a Mediterranean/mixed-race look about them for occasional paid work.

Applicants do not need to own their own horse. Experienced riders who get a part will have the horse provided for them. Riders who do own their own horse (event-type horse only, no coloured horses–preferably grey, bay, chestnut and must be good and quiet in company) are asked to bring it along with them.

Game of Thrones stars Sean Bean, Lena Headey, Peter Dinklage, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau and Aidan Gillen

The open horseriding casting will take place Wednesday 21st July at Lusks Equestrian Centre, 48 Knockany Road, Carryduff, Lisburn, Co. Antrim between 4–9pm. For Further information visit www.northernirelandscreen.co.uk

http://www.filmireland.net/2010/07/16/game-of-thrones-open-horseriding-casting/

And about all the recasting
REASSURING UPDATE: George specified in the comments to that same blog entry that Bean and Dinklage are firmly aboard and will not be recast. The parts possibly up for recasting are all much smaller ones.

http://winter-is-coming.net/2010/07/mo-casting-and-recasting/
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 11:35:43 PM by patch »

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #511 on: July 21, 2010, 09:07:38 AM »
Thrones cast heads to Belfast

A report from the set indicates that Sean Bean is already there.

http://winter-is-coming.net/2010/07/thrones-cast-heads-to-belfast/

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #512 on: July 23, 2010, 05:51:09 AM »
Is A Game of Thrones the most eagerly anticipated TV show ever?

A tiny trailer broadcast in the US a few months ago caused massive excitement as fans heard the show's star Sean Bean whisper "Winter is coming", the most famous line of his character, Eddard Stark.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/tvandradioblog/2010/jul/22/game-of-thrones-most-anticipated

« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 05:56:12 AM by patch »

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #513 on: July 23, 2010, 10:47:26 AM »
I'm certainly eagerly anticipating it!

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #514 on: July 23, 2010, 11:26:01 AM »
Every time I see that photo I am impressed at how they managed to AVOID Sean looking like Boromir!

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #515 on: July 23, 2010, 05:43:06 PM »
His hair color and style are different from Boromir and his beard is thicker for GoT.  Of course, it's been a few years since FOTR, and his face has also changed.  You are right, he does not look like Boromir in that photo.

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #516 on: July 24, 2010, 06:57:31 AM »
There was a nice discussion going on WIC.http://winter-is-coming.net/2010/07/grrm-blackfish-not-in-first-season/#idc-container

I've often wondered if Sean Bean realizes he'll only be in 10 or 11 episodes?!?! Same goes for Harry Lloyd.

And in  the replies,
Yea, I get the feeling Bean would not be in it if it was for more than a season or two. A TV show is probably a big commitment for an actor who is already established himself and is probably not hurting for work at all.

According to one person at the pilot read-through, Sean knew his character's fate and took part in some joking over his tendency to expire in everything he's been in

« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 07:14:21 AM by patch »

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #517 on: July 27, 2010, 05:41:34 AM »
Some comments on WIC  http://winter-is-coming.net/2010/07/filming-begins-today/comment-page-2/#comments

Only other titbit – Sean Bean was in a famous Belfast watering-hole on Friday evening, being very friendly. I was there the next night! Bah! ”

how did you hear the Bean was out in town on Fri night? and when ye say famous, do ye mean the Crown?

Anyone  in the neighbourhood?

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #518 on: July 29, 2010, 01:10:00 AM »
Winter Is Coming... to SKY

My readers in the UK have been emailing me for months, wanting to know whether GAME OF THRONES would be shown over there. The answer (I hoped) was "yes," but I could not give details, because (1) I didn't know, actually, and (2) some major negotiations were going on behind the scenes.

But now the GUARDIAN has broken the story, so all can be told:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010/jul/29/bskyb-buys-hbo-tv-catalogue

The short version: SKY has bought the UK rights to the entire HBO catalog of original shows, past and present.

So, yes, GAME OF THRONES will be seen in the UK... on SKY.

http://grrm.livejournal.com/169018.html

« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 01:12:39 AM by patch »

Offline beanyfan

• Posh Patrol
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #519 on: July 29, 2010, 02:27:20 AM »
bugger -no use to me then!!