News: Please refresh your browser on every visit as modifications are implemented relevant to the recent upgrade.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: HBO's Game of Thrones Season 1  (Read 396019 times)

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
Re: HBO's Game of Thrones
« Reply #640 on: November 26, 2010, 12:02:41 AM »
it looks like HBO will be airing a 15-min Inside Game of Thrones special on Dec. 5th at 8:45 PM Eastern. HBO describes the program as “A special sneak preview of the highly anticipated HBO series Game of Thrones.”

http://winter-is-coming.net/2010/11/hbo-set-to-air-new-thrones-footage-next-sunday/

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #641 on: November 26, 2010, 12:20:10 AM »

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #642 on: November 26, 2010, 05:50:52 PM »
it looks like HBO will be airing a 15-min Inside Game of Thrones special on Dec. 5th at 8:45 PM Eastern. HBO describes the program as “A special sneak preview of the highly anticipated HBO series Game of Thrones.”

http://winter-is-coming.net/2010/11/hbo-set-to-air-new-thrones-footage-next-sunday/

Something to look forward to.  I hope that there will be several scenes featuring Sean.

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #643 on: November 26, 2010, 07:09:35 PM »
Important Update on 3rd Teaser
HBO has clarified that the promo showing up tonight before the 8PM film is, in fact, a promo spot for the Inside Game of Thrones 15-minute program which we’ve already reported on. It may well contain some new, quick shots that give a sense of what the promo piece will show on December 5th before the Boardwalk Empire finale, but it’s not the promised 3rd teaser.

Instead, the new 3rd teaser will start airing on Sunday, not Saturday. Again, we fully expect it will air just before or just after Boardwalk Empire, but we’ll try to get more specific information.

http://www.westeros.org/GoT/News/Entry/Important_Update_on_3rd_Teaser/

high-resolution versions of twelve of the photos highlighted in the magazine's story and EW.com's "First Look" slideshow
http://www.makinggameofthrones.com/production-diary/2010/11/26/high-resolution-ew-photos.html

« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 08:45:51 AM by patch »

Offline galamb

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #644 on: November 27, 2010, 08:32:33 AM »
thanks for the pics

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #645 on: November 27, 2010, 09:01:53 PM »
Much better pictures!! Sean hair looks like the right color now. I just hope that we can still see poor NED after the first
season, maybe in a flash back? Alot of his past was not explaned in the first book. So I've got my fingers crossed that
Ned will return to the show at a later time. With some make-up he could play a different character. :slyfox

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 02:01:03 AM by patch »

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #648 on: November 28, 2010, 02:37:59 PM »
That's a great picture!  I always love to see Sean's  hands.

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 08:30:01 AM by patch »

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #650 on: November 29, 2010, 03:11:25 AM »
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 03:13:03 AM by patch »

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #651 on: November 29, 2010, 08:52:06 AM »
Thanks for those, patch - sort of confirms what I was thinking when I watched the trailer . . . that he looked sort of pudgy in the beheading scene (not the body, that's the costume - but his face).

Not so much in the later scene clips, so it's either the angle or he lost the pudge in the intervening months!

I love that first shot, btw . . .  :hellyeah2:

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #652 on: November 29, 2010, 03:45:12 PM »
I really like that first pic too--a very nice closeup!

Offline Blue Jay

• The High Priestess
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #653 on: November 29, 2010, 04:15:47 PM »
It will be in the gallery soon, ladies!

Mike

« Reply #654 on: November 30, 2010, 03:18:14 AM »
Looks like a very interesting movie for students. I think I use it for my lecture "decapitation" or don't they show it?  :wellll:  I'm sure technique can do this.
If not, I have to quote Sean "fo.king 'ell".

Hey a good looking man (more or less) is demonstrating a case in forensic. What is wrong with it.

Offline galamb

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #655 on: November 30, 2010, 11:08:10 AM »
I've also received the alert in spanish, but the videos are in english, and digital plus, always HBO series, so, I hope watch this one in tv next year

tinytim

« Reply #656 on: November 30, 2010, 01:59:15 PM »
Thanks Patch. Love the first (Boromir) shot. IMO this mysterious pudgy face we saw recently here and there is caused by cortison or something like that. It was the same during shooting NT. He did a lot of action stuff in the last months and I could imagine that wasn't really good for his pre-damadged bad back. 

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #657 on: November 30, 2010, 09:45:08 PM »
I'm totally confused. I don't understand why they would want Sean to look so different from scene to scene? At first I thought
the thinner faced Ned was a flash back from his younger day's, but he's wearing the hand sign on his chest. So I'm still
confused. I HOPE HE'S OK .

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #658 on: December 01, 2010, 12:08:46 AM »
After some examination, I'm revising my opinion of the pudge.  Your mileage, of course, will vary! :evillaugh

Taking a closer look at the execution photos, it looks like the pudginess is more a combination of the light, his beard (which hides his chin and jaw and softens his face), the rather odd angles, and a bit of digital artifact.

Obviously he put on some weight, but it's not as extreme when you look closely.

The pic with the sword is possibly one of the worst angles for a middle-aged face (some of you gals know this, as I do).  As you get older, the skin gets a bit looser, so when you tip your head forward, your face looks like it's trying to drip off your skull.  That's really what's happening with him - his eyelids look super puffy because he's leaning forward enough that they are sagging out - same with his cheeks, so his naso-labial folds are even more pronounced.

The fact that his face is not 'in motion' - he's got on his 'grave and serious' expression - makes it worse because the muscles aren't counteracting the gravitational drag . . .

Gravity sucks.  Just sayin' . . .  :censored:

Offline beanyfan

• Posh Patrol
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #659 on: December 01, 2010, 01:49:17 AM »
.  As you get older, the skin gets a bit looser, so when you tip your head forward, your face looks like it's trying to drip off your skull. 

Fab image -thanks Lighty!!