News: Please be patient while modifications are made to the new themes to add in familiar menus and features.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: HBO's Game of Thrones Season 1  (Read 396690 times)

tinytim

Re: HBO's Game of Thrones
« Reply #660 on: December 01, 2010, 08:20:12 AM »
Do you mean the same effect I notice since a few years, when I look headlong into a mirrow?

Offline Blue Jay

• The High Priestess
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #661 on: December 01, 2010, 08:23:59 AM »
I never look at myself in a full length mirror anymore. AARRGGH!!!!

Mike

« Reply #662 on: December 01, 2010, 10:12:04 AM »
Me neither, I'm not a masochist.

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #663 on: December 01, 2010, 03:20:42 PM »
I don't know about anyone else, but I have noticed that being out in cold weather makes me puffier than usual also.  If I remember correctly, they were filming the outdoor pilot scenes during a cold spell.  So age/gravity/cold winds all together would certainly account for much of the puffiness.

Offline Blue Jay

• The High Priestess
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #664 on: December 01, 2010, 03:30:10 PM »
I don't think I'm puffier as such, but my hair goes flatter, because the air is drier and I wear hats. Then my face looks fuller.

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #665 on: December 01, 2010, 04:24:20 PM »
I think we should just be happy he hasn't 'bulldogged' in a major way . . . you know - that unfortunate thing that happens to some men where the combination of looser jowls, bulging jaw muscle, wobblier chin and throat and sagging cheeks makes them look a bit like a bulldog.

Example:

Michael Douglas:

Tom Selleck:

Val Kilmer:

Russel Crowe:

Oh, BF?  So sorry for the imagery.  I'm still trying to recover from an inadvertent viewing of my face in a mirror that was flat on a table.  One glance definitely ruled out - forever - even the slightest consideration of EVER having 'woman on top' sex again - because that is precisely the angle that the gent in question sees you from . . . GAH.

Offline Blue Jay

• The High Priestess
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #666 on: December 01, 2010, 04:25:57 PM »
Actually Tom Selleck has covered it with a bit of stubble so he still looks pretty good.  :backout

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #667 on: December 01, 2010, 07:11:01 PM »
He's okay - I haven't been able to really look at him since he came out as a total right-wing tool.  Not to mention the whole 'my wife knows her place' crap.

Hell, Sean want's his wife (wives) at home, but he doesn't come out and make disparaging remarks about them.

I loved Selleck when he was doing "Magnum PI" and I still think "Quigley Down Under" is a great feel-good film and he's totally hot in it . . . but I wouldn't toss him a life preserver if he was going down for the third time.

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #668 on: December 01, 2010, 09:37:59 PM »
I'm still confused. I read the first book ( not Ned's death scene ) and there is no mentionin the story about Ned's looks or
weight changing. So my thought is that they want Sean to look this different. Why??? I'm not sure. If his health is  so bad
why keep him as Ned ? With all the money their sending on this series they could have found anther actor, but they went
with Sean. I 'm extreme glad that they kept HIM , but why does he look so different????

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #669 on: December 01, 2010, 10:19:34 PM »
I'm still confused. I read the first book ( not Ned's death scene ) and there is no mentionin the story about Ned's looks or
weight changing. So my thought is that they want Sean to look this different. Why??? I'm not sure. If his health is  so bad
why keep him as Ned ? With all the money their sending on this series they could have found anther actor, but they went
with Sean. I 'm extreme glad that they kept HIM , but why does he look so different????

lasue,
I wouldn't worry about it - it looks like the only scene he appears puffy in is the first one - and if they think it's a problem, they'll use their digital magic to slim him down for the show.

What we're seeing are screen caps, taken from not great quality video.  I suspect he really doesn't look terribly puffy in the finished product.

Offline Blue Jay

• The High Priestess
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #670 on: December 02, 2010, 05:50:04 AM »
He's okay - I haven't been able to really look at him since he came out as a total right-wing tool.  Not to mention the whole 'my wife knows her place' crap.

Hell, Sean want's his wife (wives) at home, but he doesn't come out and make disparaging remarks about them.

I loved Selleck when he was doing "Magnum PI" and I still think "Quigley Down Under" is a great feel-good film and he's totally hot in it . . . but I wouldn't toss him a life preserver if he was going down for the third time.

I had no idea about that. Yikes ..... I actually never knew anything about him, I just liked watching Magnum because it was a fun show and that was about it. This rather spoiled it.

Mike

« Reply #671 on: December 02, 2010, 07:38:05 AM »
Tom Selleck was good in coma.

Sean wants his wives at home? What did I miss? Oh, once he said that he likes it when his wife stays at home. But meanwhile even he knows that this doesn't work. 

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #672 on: December 02, 2010, 09:23:29 AM »

I had no idea about that. Yikes ..... I actually never knew anything about him, I just liked watching Magnum because it was a fun show and that was about it. This rather spoiled it.

Well, I'm just suffering terminal foot-in-mouth, aren't I?  I'm sorry, BJ - I didn't mean to spoil him for you; please remember that all of that is just my opinion.  If it helps, he didn't seem to get that way until he married the second time - and it was one of those "met her on the set, dumped the first wife for her" marriages.  Still it seems to work for them.  As for his politics . . . well, I'm hovering way off to the left and he lives firmly on the right.  I'm not going to agree with most of his positions.

Offline Blue Jay

• The High Priestess
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #673 on: December 02, 2010, 10:21:27 AM »
Same here! Besides, there was nothing to spoil. Just liked Magnum LOL

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #674 on: December 02, 2010, 01:15:35 PM »

ThinkHeroTV Game Of Thrones Preview - HBO's New Fantasy TV Series .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Twmb7IwmdaM
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 01:19:21 PM by patch »

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #675 on: December 02, 2010, 01:43:59 PM »
Tom Selleck was good in coma.

Sean wants his wives at home? What did I miss? Oh, once he said that he likes it when his wife stays at home. But meanwhile even he knows that this doesn't work. 

He's said similar on more than one occasion, but then he marries actresses who want to work, well, two of them did at least.  He's typical of men who had stay at home moms.  They have a need to have a little wifey at home.  They just don't know how to actually accomplish that.

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #676 on: December 04, 2010, 08:11:07 PM »
In the book Ned's wife Catelyn wants him to go with King Robert and become his HAND. '' I will refuse him'', Ned said as he turned
back to her. His eye's were haunted, his voice thick with doubt. Catelyn sat up in the bed. ''You cannot. You must not!!!!!
Page 59. So both people are a little different in the TV series than the book. :slyfox

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #677 on: December 05, 2010, 08:16:46 PM »

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #678 on: December 05, 2010, 09:35:01 PM »
Love the scene with Littlefinger!

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #679 on: December 05, 2010, 09:58:39 PM »
Thank you Patch!! All I can say is WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!! I'm a happy camper!! SEAN is looking good in almost all the scenes!!!
Yes and I think the bedroom part with Ned and Catelyn is back in!!!!! :hellyeah2: :thumbsup: