News: Please refresh your browser on every visit as modifications are implemented relevant to the recent upgrade.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: HBO's Game of Thrones Season 1  (Read 396732 times)

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
Re: HBO's Game of Thrones
« Reply #700 on: December 07, 2010, 09:07:09 PM »
Depends on who is sitting on the throne, I think.  If it's the mad king, it's the flashback . . . but I suspect it's the scene after he is arrested.

Of course, the ropes do sort of point to the flashback, don't they?

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #701 on: December 07, 2010, 09:29:22 PM »
I'm going to have a difficult time watching Ned's death scene . I couldn't bring myself to read it in the book. Death Black
no problem. The whole situation with Ned's family just makes it to sad and depressing. Still I'm glad that Sean playing
this part. He's the only actor that can really bring ture feeling, honor, and digniity to this role!!

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #702 on: December 08, 2010, 11:51:57 AM »
Jace Lacob of Televisionary and The Daily Beast is reporting the upcoming Television Critic’s Association press tour will include a three-hour presentation from HBO to the press on Jan. 7th, 2011 from 3:15 PM – 6:15 PM PST. And it looks like Game Of Thrones will be a big part of their presentation. Lacob is reporting that the current, tentative panel participants are Sean Bean, Peter Dinklage, Emilia Clarke, George R. R. Martin, David Benioff and Dan Weiss!

http://winter-is-coming.net/2010/12/game-of-thrones-panel-at-winter-tca-tour/

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #703 on: December 08, 2010, 12:40:31 PM »
Jace Lacob of Televisionary and The Daily Beast is reporting the upcoming Television Critic’s Association press tour will include a three-hour presentation from HBO to the press on Jan. 7th, 2011 from 3:15 PM – 6:15 PM PST. And it looks like Game Of Thrones will be a big part of their presentation. Lacob is reporting that the current, tentative panel participants are Sean Bean, Peter Dinklage, Emilia Clarke, George R. R. Martin, David Benioff and Dan Weiss!

Hmm - so Sean will deign to visit the US . . . and not just anywhere in the US, but *shock* *horror!!* LOS ANGELES??!! 

If he shows, I bet it's a contract condition and they're paying him a hefty premium.   :backout

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #704 on: December 08, 2010, 01:23:02 PM »
Since they used the word 'tentative', I wonder how likely it is that Sean will be a participant?

In the new TV GUIDE Magazine (December 13-19, 2010), there is a picture and short article about GoT.  Sean is mentioned, but he is not pictured.

Offline Blue Jay

• The High Priestess
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #705 on: December 08, 2010, 02:08:20 PM »

Hmm - so Sean will deign to visit the US . . . and not just anywhere in the US, but *shock* *horror!!* LOS ANGELES??!!  

If he shows, I bet it's a contract condition and they're paying him a hefty premium.   :backout

IF is the crucial word here.

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #706 on: December 08, 2010, 02:42:48 PM »
I agree, BJ.  If he's smart, he'll do it - but he's all about staying true to his roots, which apparently includes doing his best to remain largely unknown to American audiences, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if he 'has an unavoidable conflict that prevents his attendance'.

If they schedule the same time as a Blades home match, count him out.

Mike

« Reply #707 on: December 09, 2010, 03:21:20 AM »
If they schedule the same time as a Blades home match, count him out.

You have to set prioritise.

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #708 on: December 09, 2010, 09:25:01 PM »
L.A.!!!!!That's 30 miles from my house!!!!! Call in that sub!! No class today kids!!!!! I'll get some good pic's of HIMSELF!!!!!! :nananana: :thumbsup: :nananana:

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #709 on: December 09, 2010, 11:01:16 PM »
I wonder if he'll stay at the Four Seasons?  They still owe him a free week from "the incident" with Bean IV.
 :mutley:

tinytim

« Reply #710 on: December 10, 2010, 12:20:15 AM »

Izzy

« Reply #711 on: December 10, 2010, 02:31:58 AM »

seanya_ro

« Reply #712 on: December 10, 2010, 02:34:19 AM »
i so hope he'll be there! we'll get new pics

Offline beanyfan

• Posh Patrol
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #713 on: December 10, 2010, 07:45:47 AM »
I wonder if he'll stay at the Four Seasons?  They still owe him a free week from "the incident" with Bean IV.

:mutley:  good thinking Sable -that should appeal to his sense of fugality!

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #714 on: December 10, 2010, 08:47:51 AM »

:mutley:  good thinking Sable -that should appeal to his sense of fugality!

Not to mention his sense of irony . . .

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #715 on: December 10, 2010, 09:41:32 PM »
The Four Seasons would be perfect!!! As a graphic arts teacher I could do a chalk design on the sidewalk next to the
hotel!!! What subject would catch Sean's attention the fastest??? Support Sharpe's children, go Blades, Team Ned??? :slyfox

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #716 on: December 10, 2010, 10:35:41 PM »
All you would have to do is recreate the Blades logo and he'd be out there in a flash to meet the artist.

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #717 on: December 11, 2010, 07:43:13 PM »
That design would be easy!!! So I hope he comes to LA next month. It seems to me that they want Sean to be as comfortable
as possible in this city doing this panel discussion.Most people know that he's shy, nervous, restless and itchy when he's being
interviewed by people he dosen't know. However in this group interview he should feel safe. After all Peter and R.R.Martin can
answer all the more detailed questions. Sean could just hide a smoke under the table kick back and give the camera one of his
great lopsided smiles. That would make the audience MELT!!!  :slyfox

Mike

« Reply #718 on: December 13, 2010, 03:48:25 AM »

Four Season why not. Maybe I can go on holiday too.  :mutley: Be sure I don't start any "incident" I behave well.

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #719 on: December 15, 2010, 02:43:27 PM »
David J. Peterson, a conlanger (or inventor of languages) worked with the Language Creation Society and the creators of 'Game of Thrones' to design a full Dothraki tongue for use on the upcoming HBO series. The details of his process (which are pretty fascinating) have been reported around the web and picked up by fan sites like Winter Is Coming and Westeros. Here on "Making Game of Thrones," David will be offering a series of crash courses in the Dothraki language, beginning with this introductory lesson

http://www.makinggameofthrones.com/production-diary/2010/12/15/dothraki-101.html