News: Please be patient while modifications are made to the new themes to add in familiar menus and features.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: HBO's Game of Thrones Season 1  (Read 396757 times)

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
Re: HBO's Game of Thrones
« Reply #780 on: January 24, 2011, 09:40:06 AM »
"Beyond the realm of Twilight or Star Wars, few fan-bases are as rabidly protective and hopelessly obsessed as fans of Martin’s epic medieval-fantasy world"

http://www.shadowlocked.com/201101241328/opinion-features/game-of-thrones-winter-is-coming.html

Offline Annie

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Sharpeshooter
« Reply #781 on: January 24, 2011, 10:03:11 AM »
I suppose there's the possibility that, mindful of the amount of publicity he'd have to do for GoT  (not to mention all the other stuff he's got coming out soon) , he actually made an effort to get some coaching to help in those sort of situations.

On the other hand, he could just be really relaxed, having got divorced and a certain loose cannon now being out of his life.  Some of the worst shuffling, mumbling, not making eye contact reported by newwspapers was during the press stuff for Red Riding which was not long after the shenanigans at home where the police were called (the major one that attracted all the press interest).

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #782 on: January 24, 2011, 11:43:28 AM »
I suppose there's the possibility that, mindful of the amount of publicity he'd have to do for GoT  (not to mention all the other stuff he's got coming out soon) , he actually made an effort to get some coaching to help in those sort of situations.

On the other hand, he could just be really relaxed, having got divorced and a certain loose cannon now being out of his life.  Some of the worst shuffling, mumbling, not making eye contact reported by newwspapers was during the press stuff for Red Riding which was not long after the shenanigans at home where the police were called (the major one that attracted all the press interest).

Entirely possible - that loose cannon was aimed directly at him for five years . . . it's no wonder he was coming unglued.

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #783 on: January 24, 2011, 01:25:16 PM »
Preview: HBO's New Fantasy Geek-Out 'Game of Thrones' (TCA Video)

http://www.adweek.com/aw/content_display/news/media/e3i8a5dad51749adb68c5d3fa88fbdf3285

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #785 on: January 25, 2011, 04:15:23 PM »
Thanks, patch.

ladyblue

« Reply #786 on: January 26, 2011, 07:44:27 AM »
Oooh! I really like the first one! Thank you!

Offline galamb

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #787 on: January 26, 2011, 10:17:37 AM »
thanks a lot

Izzy

« Reply #788 on: January 26, 2011, 12:42:39 PM »
Oh I like the first one...thanks Patch

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #789 on: January 27, 2011, 08:20:41 AM »
Meet Maisie Sean Bean's co-star in new TV series Game of Thrones

Everyone I worked with was really nice. Sean Bean seemed quite shy when he wasn't acting, he was usually sat reading a book but was so friendly and helpful whenever I spoke to him. I think he is a great role model for young actors. Everything he did was just right and worked perfectly for his character

http://www.thisissomerset.co.uk/news/Maisie-starring-role-Sean-Bean/article-3147158-detail/article.html

Mike

« Reply #790 on: January 27, 2011, 09:27:26 AM »
Oh, he's always sitting there with a book. For that he gets bonus points.

BJ, we should invite him to our reader circle and book reviews. Hope he will love it when blood drops from the pages.  :mutley:

@Sean read Simon Beckett: Chemistry of death and the next meeting we will talk about it.  :rofl
Sean will love Simon Beckett cos he's from Sheffield and he still lives there.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 09:40:32 AM by Mike »

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #791 on: February 01, 2011, 12:23:31 AM »
Maisie Williams describes her training and learning "every last detail" to play pint-sized swordswoman Arya Stark.

http://www.makinggameofthrones.com/production-diary/2011/1/31/the-artisans-maisie-williams.html

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #792 on: February 01, 2011, 10:06:25 AM »
So, shifting the subject just a smidgen.  I read that this year, the SAG awarded Steve Buscemi (who is utterly brilliant and wholly deserving) with Best Actor in a Drama Series - and the series, Boardwalk Empire, won Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series (that's the equivalent of 'best picture').

That means they got their props for the first season; they deserved them.  Think there's any chance GoT (and Sean) can pull it out next year?  I would love to see that happen.

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #793 on: February 01, 2011, 05:06:19 PM »
Steve Buscemi also won the Golden Globe this year for Best Performance by an Actor in a TV Series Drama, along with Boardwalk Empire winning for the Best TV Series Drama.  Then there are the Emmy Awards--whenever those are held.  That gives at least three chances for GoT and/or Sean to win next year. 

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #794 on: February 01, 2011, 05:14:42 PM »
Steve Buscemi also won the Golden Globe this year for Best Performance by an Actor in a TV Series Drama, along with Boardwalk Empire winning for the Best TV Series Drama.  Then there are the Emmy Awards--whenever those are held.  That gives at least three chances for GoT and/or Sean to win next year. 

*snork* Shows how much attention I pay to awards shows . . . I didn't know that.  I'm hopeful he/GoT will win at least one of those awards - especially since he's only in the first season.

I'd really like to see him get some recognition, even if he doesn't seem to care about that.

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #795 on: February 01, 2011, 10:06:14 PM »
 I would love to see SEAN get an award for Thrones!!!!! He was passed over (again) for a nomination for an Oscar in RRT.
I would had been happy with best supporting actor. If he was just nomination, but let's all just pretend that Sean's not a
great actor. Than we can give award's to people with little talent but lots of rellatives in hollywood who can pull the strings!!!
However Steve Buscemi is very talented and unlike most actors he does deserve this recognition.

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #797 on: February 02, 2011, 09:45:47 AM »
Thanks, patch.

Offline galamb

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #798 on: February 02, 2011, 11:25:20 AM »
thanks, waiting for it

Offline Xenia

• The Powder Room
  • Ian's Treasure
« Reply #799 on: February 02, 2011, 11:33:03 AM »
Thanks Patch! As usual great work  :thumbsup: Where you get time? ( seems you really  like your nick pic,begin beleive in it)