News: Please be patient while modifications are made to the new themes to add in familiar menus and features.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: HBO's Game of Thrones Season 1  (Read 396643 times)

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
Re: HBO's Game of Thrones
« Reply #800 on: February 02, 2011, 11:42:50 AM »
Nice photos, patch - thanks for linking.  The perspective on the second one (combined with the very large actor) make him look tiny!

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #801 on: February 02, 2011, 10:04:09 PM »
That other actor was it Troy ( cann't think of his name ). He's 7 feet tall and Sean had some scenes with him in that movie
and Sean looked small next to him than to. But he's 7 feet tall!!! :slyfox

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 07:23:52 AM by patch »

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #803 on: February 04, 2011, 12:22:24 AM »
Spanish language GoT trailer.Juego de Tronos - El miedo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOq5SQNUCRg&feature=related

Offline galamb

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #804 on: February 04, 2011, 12:28:34 PM »
thanks patch for this, I saw it in canal +, or digital plus, it's the same, and just today, I've receive the magazine for february a very great surprise: "Games of Thrones", next May the game begins, so, Games of Thrones will be in canal + next may 2.011

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #805 on: February 07, 2011, 03:24:21 AM »

Maisie Williams, Isaac Hempstead-Wright, and Sophie Turner were strangers when they were cast, respectively, as Arya, Bran, and Sansa Stark, but the three have since become fast friends, which I think is cool. They even like to hang when they're not working

http://grrm.livejournal.com/194551.html

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #806 on: February 10, 2011, 10:22:05 AM »
Apparently there is a new article, excerpted here:

http://www.sfx.co.uk/2011/02/10/sean-bean-and-george-rr-martin-on-game-of-thrones/

Can someone please translate this statement from that link?  It looks like English, but . . .

“There are very few actors,” says executive producer David Benioff, “who have that sort of warrior spirit. These are people who grew up fighting each other with swords and Ned is someone who is at war for most of his life, and Sean’s got the ability to convey that.”

I had NO IDEA that Sean grew up fighting with a sword - or had a warrior spirit . . . or is it just that he can convey those things?   :huh???:

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #807 on: February 10, 2011, 10:48:50 AM »
Lighty, I take it as Ned grew up with the warrior spirit, leaning to fight from a very early age and that Sean, with his working class background and his English heritage has that same warrior spirit and the talent to convey that convincingly.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 10:53:43 AM by Sable899 »

Mike

« Reply #808 on: February 10, 2011, 11:00:30 AM »
I could imagine that Sean grew up baseball bat in his hands.

And warrior in the streets of Sheffield. Why not. I sure he was. Learning for life.

Offline Jess

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Rich's Cabin
« Reply #809 on: February 10, 2011, 12:22:57 PM »
He's got the ability to convey naked aggression pretty convincingly.  I'm just trying to think of other actors who can without looking silly....

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #810 on: February 10, 2011, 01:30:42 PM »
Lighty, I take it as Ned grew up with the warrior spirit, leaning to fight from a very early age and that Sean, with his working class background and his English heritage has that same warrior spirit and the talent to convey that convincingly.

I got it, really - I was just commenting on the tortured syntax.  I'm certainly not brilliant at it, myself - but that phrasing is so poor that if you don't know much about GoT and don't know much about Sean, you'd have trouble wrapping your mind around the statement.  I doubt Benioff said it that way; it looks like the author tried to edit a longer comment down to a word-bite.  And failed.

Should have added one of the many sarcasm smileys, I guess!

:allday :obsess
 :slyfox

Offline galamb

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #811 on: February 11, 2011, 11:58:45 AM »
yesterday in canal + a lovely surprise: I was watching channel 2, and from 20,00 pm to 20,30 pm, a programme talking about GOT was filmed, of course, I saw Sean's work, fantastic, and next May , in Canal +  Spain, waiting for it

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #812 on: February 11, 2011, 01:32:09 PM »

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #813 on: February 15, 2011, 02:31:13 PM »
Scans of the SFX article Lighty posted about.

Via Winter is Coming.

http://emiliaclarke.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=31
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 02:34:07 PM by patch »

Offline tanserke

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Rich's Cabin
« Reply #814 on: February 15, 2011, 05:04:05 PM »
 :huh???: When I see the first pic I can't stop ...  :hyena ... Sorry ... The second man (on the left) seems to have a candle on his head ... :catlaff
 :backout

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #815 on: February 16, 2011, 09:12:03 AM »
Thrones featured in SciFiNow magazine.

http://winter-is-coming.net/2011/02/thrones-featured-in-scifinow-magazine/#more-5627

Bean on his character: “All the characters that George has written are very complex, so you are not struggling to find things to add to the character because they are already there in the book. I think a lot of the stuff you get offered these days, the characters tend to be very one-dimensional.”

Benioff on Bean: “Sean has that ability that when you turn the character on him, you can hold it on him in close-up for 45 seconds for that dialogue, and you wouldn’t be bored because there’s so much going on there.”

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #816 on: February 16, 2011, 10:25:55 AM »
Thrones featured in SciFiNow magazine.

http://winter-is-coming.net/2011/02/thrones-featured-in-scifinow-magazine/#more-5627

Bean on his character: “All the characters that George has written are very complex, so you are not struggling to find things to add to the character because they are already there in the book. I think a lot of the stuff you get offered these days, the characters tend to be very one-dimensional.”

Benioff on Bean: “Sean has that ability that when you turn the character on him, you can hold it on him in close-up for 45 seconds for that dialogue, and you wouldn’t be bored because there’s so much going on there.”

I'm starting to think that Benioff suffers from lethologica - pretty sure 'turn the character' should be 'turn the camera' . . .

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #817 on: February 17, 2011, 12:04:04 AM »
A Game of Thrones Comes to PC

Game of Thrones is blowing up these days. The popular book series is making its TV debut soon on HBO, and now is getting a strategy game by made Cyanide Studios called A Game of Thrones -- Genesis.

http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/115/1150451p1.html

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #818 on: February 18, 2011, 12:10:26 AM »
George R.R. Martin has Big, Big, BIG News.(not GoT related)

http://grrm.livejournal.com/196160.html

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #819 on: February 18, 2011, 10:10:51 AM »
That's sweet.  I hope it works out for them . . . (just kidding!)