News: Please refresh your browser on every visit as modifications are implemented relevant to the recent upgrade.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: HBO's Game of Thrones Season 1  (Read 396043 times)

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
Re: HBO's Game of Thrones
« Reply #1220 on: June 15, 2011, 04:49:41 AM »
Sean Bean will reportedly appear in the upcoming season finale of HBO drama Game of Thrones.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s151/game-of-thrones/news/a324972/game-of-thrones-finale-twist-revealed.html

Offline Jess

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Rich's Cabin
« Reply #1221 on: June 15, 2011, 08:22:39 AM »
Oh ! JESS !  :hellno If you don't want very hard "things" don't look at the #9 episode as you say sooner ......

Thanks for the warning - I've taped the episodes so haven't watched anything I didn't want to yet! :thanks1

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #1222 on: June 15, 2011, 04:01:04 PM »
Sean Bean will reportedly appear in the upcoming season finale of HBO drama Game of Thrones.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s151/game-of-thrones/news/a324972/game-of-thrones-finale-twist-revealed.html

I'm not sure how they'll do it, but it should be interesting, and I hope that the scenes will be pleasant ones.

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #1223 on: June 15, 2011, 05:09:00 PM »
Spoiler Alert!

To read, use mouse to highlight the yellow text.

There is a scene in the book where Ned appears to little Rickon down in the crypt where a space is reserved for his bones just as a raven arrives at Wintefell with the news.  They will probably do something with that.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 05:10:31 PM by Sable899 »

Offline tanserke

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Rich's Cabin
« Reply #1224 on: June 15, 2011, 05:28:38 PM »
Same idea Sable !  Spoiler Alert !

If I remenber well the dream's children are important ! And perhaps some last moment of Ned in jail ... ??
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 06:17:31 PM by Sable899 »

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #1225 on: June 16, 2011, 02:25:57 AM »
Free Beer! The Stars of Game of Thrones Pick Their Sigil, Issue Royal Edicts

Sean Bean as Lord Eddard "Ned" Stark, aka "The Hand"
Sigil: Two crossed swords because it represents my football team, Sheffield United. That's their badge. The team has been relegated, by the way.
First ruling: Sheffield United gets promoted next season.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Game-Thrones-Finale-Sigil-1034268.aspx

http://winter-is-coming.net/2011/06/curtain-call-sean-bean/ ( Great positive comments!!!)

« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 06:16:49 AM by patch »

Offline najinboulder

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Kyle's Kitten
« Reply #1226 on: June 16, 2011, 07:00:12 AM »
Great review.  And I agree with this statement - "Sean was the backbone of this story. Now the challenge will be seeing it without him."
He made the series.  It will be interesting to see how season two goes without him.

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #1227 on: June 16, 2011, 08:05:07 PM »
Sean is the only reason that I starting watching this show, and it will leave a big void for me to no longer have Ned in the story.  But I have also become interested in some of the other characters, and I plan to continue watching. On the Television Without Pity website, many people were totally shocked by Ned's death and some say that they won't watch any more. Whether or not the show will hold my interest now remains to be seen.  I would like to know what happens with all of Ned's children.  I like the character of Tyrion, he is amusing and seems to be a pretty good guy.  I would also like to know the fate of Dany.  So, I'll keep watching, but it sure won't be the show that I looked forward to each week.

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #1228 on: June 17, 2011, 01:46:49 AM »

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #1229 on: June 17, 2011, 02:16:49 PM »
How "Game of Thrones" slew all comers
The HBO drama's patient approach to storytelling pays off with one of the best first seasons ever

I wouldn't be surprised if people started quoting "Game of Thrones" characters the way they quote "The Godfather," "The Art of War" or "The Prince" -- by way of illuminating life's crueler truths.

http://www.salon.com/entertainment/tv/feature/2011/06/17/game_of_thrones_season_1_review/

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #1230 on: June 18, 2011, 10:04:57 PM »
I was just wondering about that one picture that Patch posted showing Ned being stragled in the thrones room. It's
a little strange that they never used it. Will it be shown next year as a dream or a flashback of Brandon's death ?

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #1231 on: June 19, 2011, 02:52:33 AM »

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #1232 on: June 21, 2011, 01:15:58 AM »
HBO Game of thrones homepage with Ep 10 recap and inside the Episode.

http://www.hbo.com/game-of-thrones

Sky Atlantic  Thronecast: Episode 10  http://skyatlantic.sky.com/game-of-thrones/thronecast

Classic Clips: Before They Were on Game of Thrones

http://skyatlantic.sky.com/game-of-thrones/classic-clips-before-they-were-on-game-of-thrones

I'm so going to miss my weekly Bean-fix!!
Watching a new Ep,looking out for Articles,Videos an pictures.I don't know what I'm going to do with my time!!!

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #1233 on: June 21, 2011, 03:43:14 PM »
Yes, I'll certainly miss my weekly Bean fix too.  I looked forward so much to seeing him each week.  Of course I have some of his movies on dvd that I can watch whenever I want, but this was something new, and something with more character development than you might get from a movie.

I wonder how many people here will continue to watch when the second season begins?

Offline Blue Jay

• The High Priestess
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #1234 on: June 21, 2011, 03:45:14 PM »
Well, I for one want to know what's going to happen with the little dragons.

Offline tanserke

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Rich's Cabin
« Reply #1235 on: June 21, 2011, 04:05:46 PM »
Without Sean ...  :poorme:  But I read all the books so IF there is a possibility I would like to see how they'll managed the season 2 ... It's so "enormous"  :explode:

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #1236 on: June 21, 2011, 05:06:10 PM »
I didn't watch it in the first place just because Sean was in it.  The books are my sort of thing and I was excited about the series before Sean was even cast.  Good television is good television regardless of who is in it.  Its rare that we get quality television these days.

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #1237 on: June 21, 2011, 07:14:16 PM »
Well I didn't watch the last episode. Without Sean as Ned it's hard for me to care about the show. Sean's just to good at bringing
characters to life. Ned was the heart and spirit of this story. Without him the show is dead and cold. I can alway's read the books
if I must find out more about the Stark's and what happens to them. Ned was the hardest role in the series. He was NOT
interesting, witty, charming , talkative, definitely NOT the life of the party, NOT happy, or positive and DIDN'T get the best lines.
Actually Ned was dull and boring. Most actors would not be able to make us feel anything for this character!! But Sean made
Ned REAL!!! So HUMAN!! And a great FATHER and FRIEND!!! It's impossible NOT to LOVE HIM and NOT to miss HIM!!!!

Offline najinboulder

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Kyle's Kitten
« Reply #1238 on: June 21, 2011, 07:51:55 PM »
Yes I want to know what happens with the little dragons but I also want to know if Jon Snow's mother will be reveled.  So I read the first book before GOT started now I will go get the second one.  Although they do not have to be true to the books it does help a little with all the family ties. 
 :backout

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #1239 on: June 22, 2011, 08:57:31 AM »
Sean Bean doesn't want to watch Game of Thrones

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmYpZqkUlmw