News: Please refresh your browser on every visit as modifications are implemented relevant to the recent upgrade.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: HBO's Game of Thrones Season 1  (Read 396080 times)

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
Re: HBO's Game of Thrones Season 1
« Reply #1500 on: February 16, 2012, 11:32:39 PM »
Translated by a Hungarian    http://early-lavender.tumblr.com/

The gist of it is basically that the Hungarian doubles of GoT got the SAG prize. The guy in the interview, Domonkos Párkányi has actually played double for Brad Pitt in Troy and in Kingdom of Heaven AND in GoT for Nikolaj because they look so alike and everything :)

Domonkos says that Nikolaj is a very talented and great actor who fights and rides well. He rarely had to replace Nikolaj because “he’s that type of actor who likes to do their fightscenes.”

When he is asked if Sean Bean is like him in that respect Domonkos says: “No, the opposite!” His double was Gáspár Szabó and he had a lot to do with Ned’s fight scenes since Sean doesn’t like to do much moving :D

He always lets his doubles do the job, but given the fact that he dies a lot of times in his films, it’s understandable that he’d only do the most crucial action scenes by himself. At the same time Sean is a very dedicated and professional actor who is always clumsy at the rehearsals but when the camera is on, he becomes a semi god and does everything perfectly.

He’s also very friendly and a good buddy to get drunk with at the hotel’s bar and then party all night long in the weekends.

These two [Nikolaj and Sean] are definitely not one of those actors who when they finished their scene just go back to their trailers but actually pay some attention to us.

THAT’S BASICALLY IT.

Okay, there’s more in the article actually, but regarding Nikolaj and Sean that’s all he says about them.

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #1501 on: February 16, 2012, 11:54:02 PM »
That's really interesting.  Sean used to do most of his own fighting and riding and stuff.  Guess age is catching up with him!

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #1502 on: February 17, 2012, 01:55:33 AM »
That's really interesting.  Sean used to do most of his own fighting and riding and stuff.  Guess age is catching up with him!

he becomes a semi god and does everything perfectly
  :thumbsup:

“Sean’s an actor that knows what he’s doing in front of the camera, you can just watch him and he’s got it all in his eyes.  My character follows his character so much and looks up to him it kind of mirrors me being a young actor looking up to someone who’s loads of stuff.”
http://1883magazine.com/film/film/richard-madden

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 12:14:53 AM by patch »

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #1504 on: February 18, 2012, 09:23:05 PM »
I find it hard to believe what this Domonkos person is saying about our Sean. If you think he's telling the truth. Than you would have to think that all the other actors and directors ( over many years of working with Sean ) are lying about him doing his
own stunts and being good at rehearsing his lines. That's ridiculous!!!!!  He may have caught Sean on a off day with his lines
( maybe after to much drinking the night before ) but if he's that bad at rehearsal why did he get extra lines when he read for
LOTR????? As for stunts. The other actors from Cleanskin have talked about how good his down and dirty fight scenes are in
that movie and he just had a ( REAL ) BAR FIGHT ONLY A FEW MONTHS AGO!! However, they may have wanted Sean to do less
stunts in GOT, because if he was injured the production would have been in big trouble. Now I do believed he's right about
Sean being Perfect when the camera is on ( alot of other people have said that about him ) and the fact that he likes other
people and is NOT a snob is verified by almost anyone that is lucky enough to meet Sean.

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #1505 on: February 19, 2012, 12:16:52 AM »
It is possible, lasue, that he was having some physical issues at the time.  Recall that we wondered why he seemed so full faced - different from when he did the pilot (it wasn't just that he had his own hair in the pilot and a wig in the series; his face was puffy).

He looked that way a number of years ago, after he screwed up his back and was taking steroids to reduce inflammation.  Maybe he hurt himself while he was working on the two or three films that he did between the pilot and the series filming?

Offline najinboulder

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Kyle's Kitten
« Reply #1506 on: February 19, 2012, 08:52:53 AM »
Your are right lightly.  That face puff does look like it could have been from steroids.  I have seen that before in people, including myself.

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #1507 on: February 19, 2012, 08:42:07 PM »
Your probably right Ligtly. I had forgotton about that. However, I was not happy with the way he made it sound like Sean never
or hardly ever does his own stunts. That's just wrong!!!

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #1508 on: February 20, 2012, 10:08:47 AM »
Breaking down the Game of Thrones Season One box set

http://winteriscoming.net/2012/02/breaking-down-the-game-of-thrones-season-one-box-set/#more-14197

What I Didn’t Like: No deleted scenes.... No commentary for episode nine.  The ‘Making of’ video being only 30 mins long. Sean Bean’s absence from the commentaries.... The hidden dragon eggs being too hidden.

Offline tanserke

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Rich's Cabin
« Reply #1509 on: February 21, 2012, 04:36:17 AM »
I can't understand ... Sean (Ned) was the most important charactere in season 1. Why they forget him for "ALL" ??? No awards, no place in DVD, nothing  :frustrate: But He was always first for covers (books, magazine ..) etc. They used Him for promotions (with public in UK), and now nothing  :censored:

Offline najinboulder

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Kyle's Kitten
« Reply #1510 on: February 21, 2012, 08:37:19 AM »
You are right.  Ned Stark was the key player in season 1.  I can not believe that Sean was not available for comment.  Sounds like they are using this to hype support for season 2 and since Sean is not in season 2 they did not include him in this DVD.

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #1511 on: February 23, 2012, 03:43:15 AM »
HBO UK has launched a site to promote the release of #GameofThrones on DVD/Blu-Ray

http://www.gameofthronesdvd.co.uk/

Toronto to host Game of Thrones exhibit

http://arts.nationalpost.com/2012/02/22/winter-is-coming-toronto-to-host-game-of-thrones-exhibit/

Offline najinboulder

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Kyle's Kitten
« Reply #1512 on: February 23, 2012, 07:20:04 AM »
The books are big hits so this shouldn't surprise me but it actually does.  I would have thought this kind of activity would have taken longer than a year.  Must be more  crazy fans of GoT than I realized.

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #1513 on: March 01, 2012, 01:37:05 AM »
46 things we learned from the Game Of Thrones Blu-rays

This article contains major spoilers.

http://www.denofgeek.com/television/1264476/46_things_you_never_knew_about_game_of_thrones.html

16. After being stabbed in an attack by Jaime Lannister, Ned Stark wakes up in a fever dream. Back in the real world, Sean Bean showed real dedication to his role by catching the flu - so he really did look that bad.

Offline najinboulder

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Kyle's Kitten
« Reply #1514 on: March 01, 2012, 06:57:41 AM »
Great find Patch.  Ah what an actor wont do for his craft, but catching the flu doesn't sound like fun.  Hope he didn't spread it to ayone else.

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #1515 on: March 02, 2012, 10:00:44 AM »
Sean Bean, an actor who improves with age and increased girth, plays the straight-arrow, straight-talking Lord Eddard Stark, patriarch of a noble family from "The North".

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/reviews/dvd-game-of-thrones-18-7468054.html

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #1516 on: March 02, 2012, 03:15:57 PM »
I agree that Sean improves with age, but I would rather he not have increased girth.  At least not too much.

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #1517 on: March 02, 2012, 10:06:24 PM »
He's thin in Missing and MM, so I think he's was a little heavier in GOT, because he was playing an older person. They wanted
that father look for Ned not the cool uncle guy!!!! What is truly amazing about Sean is how different his appearance is in each
movie or T.V show. He really knows how to creat new characters!! Native people would call him a SKINWALKER. :slyfox

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #1518 on: March 03, 2012, 04:42:18 AM »

Offline najinboulder

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Kyle's Kitten
« Reply #1519 on: March 03, 2012, 08:19:50 PM »
DAH so why would I watch it?