News: Please be patient while modifications are made to the new themes to add in familiar menus and features.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: In The Border Country  (Read 9840 times)

Offline Sylvene

• Divine L&L
  • Mellor's Mistress
  • Once I was young & hot. Now I'm older and better.
    • Words by Sylvene
In The Border Country
« on: July 04, 2009, 01:52:58 AM »
Finally watched it.  Bean comes on.  Sex scene, sex scene, sex scene.  Nice job if you ask me.   :thumbsup:

Offline beanyfan

• Posh Patrol
  • Loki's Lady
Re: In The Border Country
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2009, 03:52:56 AM »
I reckon that about sums it up!

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2009, 08:46:58 AM »
I've been wanting to see that movie for a while, if I can find it somewhere.  I'm really looking forward to seeing it now, after your review, Blue Jay.

Offline Sylvene

• Divine L&L
  • Mellor's Mistress
  • Once I was young & hot. Now I'm older and better.
    • Words by Sylvene
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2009, 02:30:47 AM »
Netflix doesn't have it, but do you realise that it has the "Inspector Morse" and "The Bill" episodes in which he acted?  And also "Troubles" and "Fifteen Streets"

Zamwyn

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2009, 09:04:11 AM »
I saw Fifteen Streets last week, on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYI1zw2yGpU

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2009, 09:34:03 AM »
Netflix doesn't have it, but do you realise that it has the "Inspector Morse" and "The Bill" episodes in which he acted?  And also "Troubles" and "Fifteen Streets"

I know that neither Netflix nor Blockbuster has In The Border Country for rent.  I was even looking to buy it and checked Amazon, DVD Empire, Deep Discount, Borders and Barnes & Noble--none of them have it.  I'm not sure what other online retailers to check.

I have rented Inspector Morse and Fifteen Streets.   I haven't seen The Bill or Troubles, those weren't available when I had Blockbuster, and I didn't go back and rent them after I switched to Netflix, like I did with some of his earlier works that Blockbuster didn't have.  I don't know much about The Bill, but I read a few reviews of Troubles and they weren't complimentary.  I was afraid it would be a long, drawn out drama with only a few minutes of Sean.  I may go ahead and rent it at some point, though.  I've almost gotten through his list of  movies.

Lady Jane

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2009, 11:24:20 AM »
I imagine "In the border Country" would be difficult to get a copy of, it was never going to have mass appeal, a film about the Troubles in Northern Ireland based on a Greek tragedy! It pops up occassionally late at night on Ulster television, so Ive seen it a few times, I really like it, very strange and atmospheric. Im not sure which online stores to suggest Moonflower, but perhaps try some UK based ones, Play.com and CDwow have free delivery. Then theres HMV, Zavvi, Tower Records or perhaps you could track it through U.TV, as they are the Ulster TV station which have shown it. I know how frustrating it is trying to track down a movie as i have been trying in vain to buy Viggo's movie "A Walk on the Moon", Id have more luck trying to buy the actual moon!

Offline galamb

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2009, 11:30:37 AM »
LB, I saw that viggo's movie, I didn't like it, but diane lane is very good, sometimes this movie is in digital plus,

Offline Blue Jay

• The High Priestess
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2009, 11:44:03 AM »
LJ, you can get it on Amazon.co.uk. DVD region 1 and 2 and you can also get it on VHS. I actually like the movie very much. Nice love story. I was lucky enough to be able to tape it when they showed it on telly here.

Lady Jane

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2009, 11:52:05 AM »
The region2 DVD costs over 30euro plus shipping! Who are they kidding? Im not tight with money or anything but I dont like to be ripped off, and I think that is much too expensive.

Offline Blue Jay

• The High Priestess
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2009, 11:53:21 AM »
True, it's a bit steep. But sometimes you can get a bargain there when you're lucky so it never hurts to keep an eye out.

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2009, 12:21:48 PM »
I tried your suggestions, Lady Jane, but the movie wasn't available anywhere.  Is Zavvi zavvi.com?  I had never heard of it.  When I went to zavvi.com, it said the domain had been purchased recently.  I tried a couple of other places that sell dvds that I found through a search, but no luck there either.  Then I just tried a general search for In The Border Country, but the only thing that comes up for that is the imdb page.

Thanks for trying to help, Lady Jane.  Maybe the movie will turn up on one of the cable channels.  Good luck with your search.

Lady Jane

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2009, 01:13:05 PM »
Its zavvie.co.uk, but i checked it for you and no luck. What we need is a good online shops that sells older and more obscure titles, and doesnt cost an arm and a leg! I saw one mentioned here somtime ago called (Someone's?) Attic, does anyone know the name?

Offline Blue Jay

• The High Priestess
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2009, 01:20:36 PM »
Sable does, so I'm sure she will post it as soon as she arrives.

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2009, 02:18:44 PM »
Annie's Eclectic Attic

http://annieseclecticattic.com/seandvds.html

My opinioin:  The older videos are taken from VHS recordings and are pretty poor quality.  You can see when you look at my caps of some of them as they originated there. I got copies from friends who had regretfully paid her rather high prices for them.  Also, if you get them and then go copying them to share around and she finds out, you will likely get a very nasty email from her.  So, buyer beware.  I'd love to get Samson and Delilah, Punters and Exploits at West Poley, but I just can't justify all that money for things that he appears in for a blink of an eye.

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2009, 03:28:50 PM »
Thanks for the link, Sable.  I'll keep that in mind.  I hesitate to buy something if it's going to be poor quality.  I also noticed that the date on that page is 2004.  Are all those movies still available and is the price still the same?

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2009, 06:42:33 PM »
As far as I know everything is still valid.  I know a few ladies who bought stuff from her last summer and she's a regular on the Bean Buffs Message Board at Google.

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2009, 07:14:14 PM »
Okay, thanks!  I've never heard of the Bean Buffs Message Board.

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2009, 07:52:47 PM »
Unless you wear rose-coloured glasses and love visiting a place called De Nile, you aren't missing anything.  Buffs is more like the Holy Inquisition for the Church of Saint Sean

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2009, 10:14:04 PM »
I don't think that I would fit too well into that message board.