News: Please refresh your browser on every visit as modifications are implemented relevant to the recent upgrade.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Region 2 DVD Release  (Read 6255 times)

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
Region 2 DVD Release
« on: November 10, 2009, 10:42:19 AM »
Happening February 15, 2010.  You can pre-order:

Pre-order Ca$h! at Amazon.co.uk

Offline galamb

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Vronsky's Vixen
Re: Region 2 DVD Release
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 10:58:15 AM »
so, not in cinemas?

tinytim

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2009, 02:00:52 AM »
Cash on Blue Ray in Germany:
Renting release: February 22th. The sales start is expectetd for March.

http://www.zehnachtzig.de/blu-ray-news/cash-neuer-thriller-mit-sean-bean-im-februar-als-leih-blu-ray

Offline galamb

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2009, 08:29:44 AM »
not in cinemas, the same was with "Far North"

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 03:20:35 AM by patch »

tinytim

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2009, 02:54:25 AM »

CyntharianM

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2010, 07:19:45 PM »
The horror of living in Region 1.  Come on give us Americans a break here!  :quiet: :arrrgh1:

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2010, 11:51:36 PM »
I guess they're still hoping for a distribution deal in the US?  sigh.

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2010, 01:13:25 AM »
Early this morning I had an email from the marketing director for the film and she indicated that news of the US theatrical release is coming very soon.

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2010, 08:42:53 AM »
Early this morning I had an email from the marketing director for the film and she indicated that news of the US theatrical release is coming very soon.

Ah - well that may explain the last line in the article patch posted about his receiving a plaque honoring his achievements (in Sheffield).

Sean can next be seen on the big screen when he plays the sinister Pyke Kubic in the psychological thriller Ca$h which is set to be released in cinemas later this year.

I thought it was another example of poor journalism - the Star is full of hacks - but maybe Sean clued the dude in on the release.

I'm glad they found a distributor; here's hoping it's more than a 10-theatre deal!

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2010, 04:25:33 AM »
I just got word from Amazon Uk that my preorderd Cash DVD has been delayed by 2 weeks.From feb 15 to march 3.
Maybe no UK DVD's before US premiere?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 04:31:05 AM by patch »

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2010, 11:22:20 AM »
Just a word about the lack of Ca$h screencaps here on SBO:

Dear Members,

As many of you know by now, several members as well as myself have received Region 2 releases of the Ca$h DVD.  Unlike other sites, SBO will not be posting any screencap sequences from the film, making of or any of the extra scenes on the DVD until AFTER the US theatrical premiere on March 26th.  I strongly believe that this is the right thing to do, not just because of blatant copyright infringement but also because it is simply rude to all those involved in the production of the film, including Sean.  They also take a lot of the magic out of seeing a film for the first time.  I imposed the same prohibition on Far North when the DVD was released in some areas before the official release date and I will continue to do so in future.  Its one thing to put up screencaps after the film has made its official debut as usually the copyright owners turn a blind eye to free publicity but to do it in advance is just daring them to take action, action that will affect not just the site in question, but ALL fansites of ALL celebrities.

~Sable

tinytim

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2010, 03:15:51 PM »
 :bravo: I really appreciate that.

It conduces to the integrity and reputation of the fansites and avoids unnecessary trouble. Apart from this it's a fine thing for those who are still waiting for a official release in their country and are no friends of spoilers.

seanya_ro

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2010, 01:03:02 PM »
nice decision, sable. me too, i appreciate that.
on romanian movie sites the movie appears like being already on theatres and members are already making oppinions about it since december, if i am not mistaken.