News: Please be patient while modifications are made to the new themes to add in familiar menus and features.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: rifleman Harris updated newsflash  (Read 17356 times)

Offline Sylvene

• Divine L&L
  • Mellor's Mistress
  • Once I was young & hot. Now I'm older and better.
    • Words by Sylvene
Re: rifleman Harris updated newsflash
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2011, 03:45:42 PM »
 :thumbsup:

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2011, 07:45:25 PM »
I'm going to order Harris 9. Does anyone have anything to say about this DVD ? Is it as good as some of the other films in
this series??? :slyfox

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2011, 08:43:41 PM »
Its really just more of Harris 8.  I thought it had a lot less of Sean in it and way too much of Jason.

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2011, 12:18:54 PM »
Thank you Sable. I will probability buy this DVD anyway, but he should of added more SEAN to the mix!!!
 :frustrate: :frustrate: :frustrate:

Offline Sylvene

• Divine L&L
  • Mellor's Mistress
  • Once I was young & hot. Now I'm older and better.
    • Words by Sylvene
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2011, 06:10:07 PM »
Harris 9 contained quite a lot of personal Jason bitterness - because he got involved in the Paul MacGann lawsuit and was dropped from Revenge and Justice. I would have rather seen much more of the filming of Sharpe's Waterloo.

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2011, 09:52:39 PM »
I'm sad to hear that. God knowns we all have times in our life that make us unhappy, but you just have to move on. Being
bitter is not entertaining to other people, but maybe he had to get it off his chest!!

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2011, 08:39:31 PM »
I watched Harris 9 on friday and it was pretty much what Sable and Sylvene said it would be ( sadly ). However I have never
seen any of the pictures of Paul MacGann as Sharpe ( in uniform ) with the choosen men. Harris 9 as several B&W pictures of
him as Sharpe. As I looked at Paul all I could say was THAT THE HELL WERE THEY THINKING WHEN THEY CHOSE PAUL INSTEAD
OF SEAN FOR THIS ROLE!!!!!!!  He has none of Sean's arrogant, cocky, swagger, and confident attitude that Sean brings to this
character. It works so perfectly for Sharpe. Paul's Sharpe looks shell shock and not very believeable. I'm sure he's a nice guy
and a good actor, but this was not the right role for him.

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2011, 09:12:57 PM »
I'd love to see the details of that lawsuit - apparently the settlement was massive (for the time) - a couple million quid.

Makes little sense to me.  If McGann chose to play six a side while they weren't filming and got hurt, how is the film company responsible?  That's kind of like saying that your job is responsible for an injury you receive after you've left work.

And why would Jason get involved in it?  As a witness?  To what?  That he injured his leg playing footie between takes?

I didn't know McGann had sued - it lowers my opinion of the man.  If he had a real gripe, he would have sued when it happened.  Apparently he waited until it was clear that the series was a money-maker and then decided he should have a share of it.

Not nice.

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2011, 08:58:26 PM »
In the DVD Jason said that McGann was his friend and had gotten him the role of Harris. I agree with you I woudn't have given him
any money, but what can you do about the court system??? :slyfox

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2011, 12:34:53 PM »
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 12:36:41 PM by patch »

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2012, 01:05:29 AM »
The plan for H10 was to follow my final days on location in Turkey, including the fateful bayonet thrust at La Haye Saint and go on to reveal what happened in the aftermath of leaving the Sharpe cocoon and how it has shaped my life ever since.

While editing the footage I realised the tenth Harris was going to be an epic project which wouldn’t receive justice crammed onto a 60 min DVD, even a double disc, which was also contemplated. So the upshot is that H10 will conclude with my last day shooting on the fifth series.

Have no fear though, all that post Sharpe footage (‘Harris: The Afterlife’) won’t go to waste. I plan to tweak the early episodes, edit the post Sharpe stuff into volumes, load a photo gallery, add a few surprise gems and squeeze in all into a box set.

http://www.riflemanharris.co.uk/news/index.htm

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2013, 03:37:37 AM »
Harris Ten is out! I received my Copy this morning and just watched it.
Some interesting titbits and ( not nearly enough ) Sean,as always concentrating on his role.

H10 release promo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nI5SAUwaEds&feature=c4-overview&list=UUMYHBWlHsoolJRZjiHpoIog

There's an upcoming Harris Daries Boxset  with "Harris: The Afterlife" and "The Murray Memoir" with footage from the very first episode,filmed by Tim Bentinck /Captain Murray and more stuff.