News: Please be patient while modifications are made to the new themes to add in familiar menus and features.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Cash review  (Read 23483 times)

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
Cash review
« on: February 23, 2010, 11:27:04 AM »

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
Re: Cash review
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 12:57:55 PM »
Hmm.  Given that Brits' generally approved of the weird quirkiness of "The Big Empty", that review doesn't bode well for "Cash".

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 02:19:37 PM »
Hopefully, the good reviews will outweigh the bad ones.  I've read so many poor reviews for Percy Jackson, so I'm ready to see some good ones for Cash.  I really liked The Big Empty, by the way.

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 11:34:21 AM »

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 12:03:51 PM »
And this reviewer did a good job of summing up the film and the actors' performances, but his final conclusion is just wrong. The key point that he obviously missed is that the film is just plain entertaining.  ESPECIALLY Sean's performance.  Oh, and there are some new stills too.

http://twitchfilm.net/reviews/2010/02/cah-review.php

Offline Sylvene

• Divine L&L
  • Mellor's Mistress
  • Once I was young & hot. Now I'm older and better.
    • Words by Sylvene
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2010, 12:27:13 PM »
LoL.  Some people don't like complex characters, do they?

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2010, 12:34:07 PM »
And this reviewer did a good job of summing up the film and the actors' performances, but his final conclusion is just wrong. The key point that he obviously missed is that the film is just plain entertaining.  ESPECIALLY Sean's performance.  Oh, and there are some new stills too.

http://twitchfilm.net/reviews/2010/02/cah-review.php

I didn't comment on the reviewer yesterday when I posted this link,afraid to give away spoilers,having seen the film.But your right Sable ,its great to watch.And I think thereare some stills not actually in the film so maybe more extras on the DVD.

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2010, 09:30:12 AM »
A little review about the trailer.

Sean Bean has been playing killer bad guys for years, with little or no credit for it. He was the most unsung part of Fellowship of the
 Ring, but that movie doesn’t work without what he brought to the deeply twisted, conflicted character of Boromir. He’s the biggest reason why it’s the best of the three. What I’m getting at here is that Sean Bean is a badass actor, one you can’t really have too much of. So good news, the new movie CA$H has two of him.
Also involved is the most unsung part of Star Trek, Chris Hemsworth, the guy who made half the planet tear up in under five minutes of action as he sent his ship on a suicide mission to save his wife and newly born son. Together they may make something special happen. The first trailer for CA$H is great.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/CA-H-Trailer-Sean-Bean-Terrorizes-Chris-Hemsworth-17264

Offline Sylvene

• Divine L&L
  • Mellor's Mistress
  • Once I was young & hot. Now I'm older and better.
    • Words by Sylvene
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2010, 09:38:37 AM »
Those are nice reviews.  :)  I'm sure the PR guys & the Director are happy.  So glad it got picked up finally.

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2010, 10:34:01 AM »
A little review about the trailer.

Sean Bean has been playing killer bad guys for years, with little or no credit for it. He was the most unsung part of Fellowship of the
 Ring, but that movie doesn’t work without what he brought to the deeply twisted, conflicted character of Boromir. He’s the biggest reason why it’s the best of the three. What I’m getting at here is that Sean Bean is a badass actor, one you can’t really have too much of. So good news, the new movie CA$H has two of him.
Also involved is the most unsung part of Star Trek, Chris Hemsworth, the guy who made half the planet tear up in under five minutes of action as he sent his ship on a suicide mission to save his wife and newly born son. Together they may make something special happen. The first trailer for CA$H is great.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/CA-H-Trailer-Sean-Bean-Terrorizes-Chris-Hemsworth-17264

So glad you grabbed that, patch - it has apparently been pulled down!

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2010, 11:05:58 AM »

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2010, 12:25:14 PM »
Another trailer review.

To me, Sean Bean can play in terrible movie after terrible and I’ll still come back to the video place (now Netflix) looking for anything else he’s in. From Alec Trevelyan to Boromir to a slew of great British roles I’ve yet to see, his track record may have plenty of highs and lows, but I think he’s still talented and his efforts seem to fly under the radar. I think it’s high time he rose and made another standout and memorable performance…and this looks to be it. But who knows, we’ll see right? Also, good news is that we’ll be able to see more of Chris Hemsworth (as I liked him in the beginning of Star Trek) before his role in 2011’s THOR. CA$H is set for release on March 26, 2010. What do you think of the trailer?

http://goseetalk.com/2010/02/26/sweet-trailer-cah/

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2010, 01:04:27 PM »
It's nice to see these good reviews, especially since they showcase Sean's talent.

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2010, 08:28:11 AM »
This is the sort of hard-man role that Bean can take on with one hand tied behind his back

http://www.indiemoviesonline.com/reviews/on-dvd-cash-270210

Offline beanyfan

• Posh Patrol
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2010, 11:11:41 AM »
People have been getting their copies this morning from Aamzon even though it;s not due for releasr til MOnday! I didn;t order mine til yesterday on the basis that it wasn't coming out tio !st but i've had an email saying it's been dispatched.

tinytim

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2010, 11:33:47 AM »
I'm an idiot and pre-ordered the German release:-(

19 days to go. Can't wait...

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2010, 11:53:21 AM »
My DVD is underway too and should arrive wednesday.

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2010, 12:58:14 AM »

This week I settled down for a session with Ca$h. Here’s how I described it last week:

A crime thriller in which [Sean Bean] plays twin bad guys menacing a poor little couple played by Victoria Profeta and Chris Hemsworth, aka the man who will be Thor.

And now, here’s the reason to watch the film, if you fancy it: Sean Bean plays dual roles. We get to see him play against himself, in a way that’s a little like Sam Rockwell’s work in Moon. Just a little, though - Ca$h doesn’t allow for the same quality of interaction.

And that’s probably the best I can say, to be fair. I wasn’t impressed, and I’d only recommend the film to fans of the actors. Thankfully, Bean in particular is charismatic and worth watching no matter what he’s doing. Ca$h is available on UK DVD from March 1st and has low-priority Lovefilm listing written all over it.

http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/02/27/film-uk-alice-in-wonderland-and-micmacs-reviews-the-new-monty-python-project-trailer-minority-report-and-much-much-more/

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2010, 10:46:22 AM »
Hmm.

This definitely is starting to look like it just missed being great.  Appreciate the honesty of the reviewers comment - that Sean's fans will like it, regardless.  That is pretty much the truth of things.

This week I settled down for a session

with Ca$h. Here’s how I described it last week:

A crime thriller in which [Sean Bean] plays twin bad guys menacing a poor little couple played by Victoria Profeta and Chris Hemsworth, aka the man who will be Thor.

And now, here’s the reason to watch the film, if you fancy it: Sean Bean plays dual roles. We get to see him play against himself, in a way that’s a little like Sam Rockwell’s work in Moon. Just a little, though - Ca$h doesn’t allow for the same quality of interaction.

And that’s probably the best I can say, to be fair. I wasn’t impressed, and I’d only recommend the film to fans of the actors. Thankfully, Bean in particular is charismatic and worth watching no matter what he’s doing. Ca$h is available on UK DVD from March 1st and has low-priority Lovefilm listing written all over it.

http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/02/27/film-uk-alice-in-wonderland-and-micmacs-reviews-the-new-monty-python-project-trailer-minority-report-and-much-much-more/

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2010, 08:22:54 AM »
I've just received my Cash DVD.It's great,16 min of deleted/extended scenes with a lot of Sean.  :fans: