News: Please refresh your browser on every visit as modifications are implemented relevant to the recent upgrade.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Spoiling Black Death for the rest of the world  (Read 6215 times)

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
Spoiling Black Death for the rest of the world
« on: August 18, 2010, 11:42:01 AM »
Once again, I am writing to warn everyone that another fansite, which will remain nameless due to the animosity it has shown towards suggestions that COMMON SENSE be used when posting copyrighted materials, has gone ahead and put up a full set of screencaps of Black Death.  The person making the post claims to have a legally purchased DUTCH copy of the film.  What this person is NOT considering is that the REST of the world won't get to see this film for nearly 2 more months and it is still in theaters in some countries.  Plus, a recent announcement shows that this film is still going to be making film festival and cinematic appearances in Germany and the US.  Do NOT be surprised if screencaps start becoming a target for the owners of the copyrights to any images of their films simply because some fansite thinks it has to be FIRST to put up screencaps.  I didn't know that fansites were in any sort of competition.

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
Re: Spoiling Black Death for the rest of the world
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 02:00:52 PM »
Twats.

Pardon my language.

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 02:33:04 PM »
Don't apologize for your language, lighty.  I agree with your sentiments.

I don't know which fansite is being referred to, but I'm glad that I joined SBO and not that one.

shalgerson

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 07:14:53 PM »
 :wellll:  I have a feeling I know which fansite (Sable, please confirm in a PM).  I agree with you, too, Sable. Very questionable ethics!!     :claws

Mike

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 02:55:22 AM »
Thanks lighty for widen my "language horizon".

And I bite back a comment.