News: Please be patient while modifications are made to the new themes to add in familiar menus and features.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Why Blu-ray is SO Much Better  (Read 1518 times)

tinytim

Re: Why Blu-ray is SO Much Better
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 02:02:45 PM »
I don't need a Twentieth Century Fox promotional trip to know about the advantages of Blu-rays. :mutley:

I have my Blu-ray player since about 18 month and I love it. But firstly you need an adequate good TV to see these advantages (means a good and big enough flat screen) and secondly: the most expensive Blu-ray will dissapoint you if it is made badly. I know enough cases whereby the very well produced DVD is still better than the (more expensive) Blu-ray. The future goes to Blu-ray, without doubt. But nowadays it's always usefull to read reviews about released Blu-rays on Amazon or other relevant websites!
Apart from the better picture and audio quality Blu-rays often offer you more features and extras. But as said before, it difffers from case to case and a more detailled investigation is advisable.

Offline Blue Jay

• The High Priestess
  • Mellor's Mistress
Re: Why Blu-ray is SO Much Better
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 03:50:51 PM »
One of the reasons I'm not getting a Blu-ray player yet, is because I'm one of those people who still have an old-fashioned tv. As long as it's still working I'm not throwing it away yet. By the time it goes belly-up, I will probably get myself a nice flatscreen + a Blu-ray player. Until then, when I want to watch a nice movie, I usaully do that on my computer.