News: Please refresh your browser on every visit as modifications are implemented relevant to the recent upgrade.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Missing series  (Read 73586 times)

Offline Beanie006

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Fan
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 11:04:45 AM by Sable899 »

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
Re: Sean to costar in ABC Series Pilot
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 10:27:26 PM »
Something else to look forward to!  Since he will only be in flashbacks, I wonder how many scenes he will be in?  The article didn't say when this would be on, but I just found another mention of it and it will premiere in the fall.  ABC has ordered 10 episodes.

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 11:14:43 PM »
Filming in Prague . . . so he'll do US telly as long as it isn't filmed in the US!

Offline Jess

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Rich's Cabin
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 11:20:47 PM »
Only takes a couple of hours to fly to Prague from the UK.  I went there a little while ago and stayed in this fabulous Gothic hotel.  It's become a popular destination from here because of the beer and cheap flights.

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, 12:18:14 AM »
Ahhh, the original Budvar!  Probably what drew him to it, certainly can't be the amount of work he'll have to do. Lets just hope its a few more scenes than he had in Crusoe.

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2011, 12:32:03 AM »
Prague is one of the favorite cities of a good friend of mine - she goes every year to the James Joyce Symposium.  I think the primary reason she goes, though, is the beer . . .

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2011, 12:44:30 AM »
I have to admit, not being a beer fan, the Budvar is really something special.  There's a great wild game restaurant near the US Embassy that is fantastic. Its really an awesome city.

Offline beanyfan

• Posh Patrol
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2011, 04:36:07 AM »
o fabulous-something else i won't be able to watch cos I don;t have pay to view TV!!

I know the man always ends up dead but this must be a first when he's dead before the bloody thing even starts!!

Offline Jess

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Rich's Cabin
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2011, 06:58:40 AM »
I know the man always ends up dead but this must be a first when he's dead before the bloody thing even starts!!

:mutley:

At least he won't be wearing the cheap Crusoe wig.

Offline Annie

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Sharpeshooter
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2011, 07:22:33 AM »

A lovely city that I'v not been to for a good few years. 

Annoyed, like Beanyfan about the pay TV aspect - I feel a rant coming on about British TV in general. 

At least he should look fairly normal in this one.   

Way2prickly

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2011, 10:15:35 AM »
o fabulous-something else i won't be able to watch cos I don;t have pay to view TV!!

I mentioned this point to a friend, who said, "Sean Bean is in ALL movies.  It's just sometimes he's dead in them and we don't see him." 

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2011, 10:36:25 AM »
Unless I missed something, ABC is regular old network telly.  Not a pay channel like HBO.

"Sean Bean is in ALL movies.  It's just sometimes he's dead in them and we don't see him."
Love it!   :rofl

Mike

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2011, 10:47:33 AM »
Maybe he will be in the shower in a later episode like Bobby Ewing in those days or appear in dreams.

Like he does in ..........

Offline Annie

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Sharpeshooter
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2011, 10:49:41 AM »
I think what Beanyfan and I both mean is that we can't access ABC in the UK (at least not without paying for it - if it is available at all) and if it does make it across the pond it will end up like most things these days on a pay channel here.  

With apologies to Beanyfan if that wasn't what she meant.

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2011, 11:05:31 AM »
Annie, there's lots of websites that you can watch telly shows from.  Once it airs I'll let you know, even if I have to upload them somewhere myself.

Offline Jess

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Rich's Cabin
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2011, 11:17:58 AM »
I've just been through a couple of hundred channels on my Sky package (although I don't get every channel I get a lot of them).

We've got HBO over here on Sky,  CBS channels, and a myriad of other channels I've not heard of but no ABC on my Sky. But as Sable says there are websites so you can watch it online.  I've been watching 'True Blood', 'Vampire Diaries' and 'Spartacus: Gods of the Arena' online as I don't want to wait for them to air over here.

Or more to the point, I need regular fixes of Alexander Skarsgard, Manu Bennett and Ian Somerhalder whilst I'm waiting for Sean to reappear.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 11:20:51 AM by Jess »

Offline beanyfan

• Posh Patrol
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2011, 11:21:58 AM »
I think what Beanyfan and I both mean is that we can't access ABC in the UK (at least not without paying for it - if it is available at all) and if it does make it across the pond it will end up like most things these days on a pay channel here.  

With apologies to Beanyfan if that wasn't what she meant.

That's exactly what I meant Annie -spot on.

If there are places to watch I'd be grateful for the heads up -especially if it's the same for GOT as well.

Offline Jess

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Rich's Cabin
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2011, 11:50:15 AM »
I generally use Sidereel.com over here. You have to set up an account but I'm fairly sure it's just a name and an email address.

I just put in the show I want, click on the episode and 'Search Links'.  Then it gives you a list of uploaded links. I normally find the Megavideo links are easiest to use, and a lot of other free online sites just have Megavideo already embedded in their page anyway.  You'll sometimes find some links have been removed due to copyright laws but there's normally a number of them on there so just try another one.

I think Megavideo free lets you watch about 65 or 70 minutes a day (I forget the exact number) before you have to leave a 30 minute gap then you can watch another 65 - 70 minutes.  But since most shows are under an hour that's fine. It's only when you're trying to watch a few episodes at a time it gets tiresome.

Having said that, I have a fast connection so I watch them without downloading them first, and I also use a Mac so that means I'm more protected from malware or spyware than the usual Windows user.  I've been watching Megavideos for quite a while now and haven't had any problems, but with most things online these things are always down to the individual's attitude to risk, so I'd be careful about my firewall and virus protection.

I normally find shows on there get uploaded a couple of hours after they air in the US.

If anybody knows any other good, free UK sites let me know.

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2011, 12:03:13 PM »
ABC is one of the 'big three' channels in the US - one of the 'free' non-cable channels that is.  The others are CBS and NBC.  In the days before cable, that's pretty much what you got - the big three, plus PBS (public broadcasting) and a local channel or two that usually showed programmes that looked like they were being broadcast from someone's mother's basement.  I think FOX was the first national channel to make inroads on the 'big three', but I admit my memory is hazy (and I didn't really watch TV growing up anyway, except for holiday specials - oh!  Green Lantern.  I remember watching that on Saturday mornings).  I tended to listen to radio broadcasts more than TV - the result of having parents who were older than my peers' parents, I suppose.

It seems to me that one of the 'regular' channels (ITV?) in the UK seems to buy the rights to a lot of the programming from the 'big three' - maybe they will do the same with this one, since Sean is carrying the flag as the British presence!

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2011, 12:33:37 PM »
I had to buy a subscription for Megavideo when I got hooked on the UK Shameless series.  I just didn't like having to wait when my 72 minutes were up.  Its been well worth it.  I like Megavideo cuz its so easy to download as there is a button right on the viewer to do that.  I use Sidereel, Blinkx, Casttv and TVDuck a lot to find the Megavideo links.  But, there are a ton of other sites out there.  I avoid the ones that you have to complete a survey or something similar before you can watch cuz those are loaded with spambots.  I also have a subscription to Graboid, but that one requires you to download their viewer application. It works really well, tho, and the quality is great.  I use that one mostly for downloading films.  In this day and age, if you really want to see something, a little persistence and creative searching will usually find it.