News: Please refresh your browser on every visit as modifications are implemented relevant to the recent upgrade.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Future work for Sean ??  (Read 78549 times)

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
Re: Future work for Sean ??
« Reply #180 on: March 24, 2013, 10:56:13 PM »
That is a cute email!  I think we would all enjoy seeing that movie.

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #181 on: June 02, 2013, 01:03:24 AM »

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #182 on: June 02, 2013, 01:50:59 AM »
Who do you think!  Imagine the storylines if they skewed the Doctor older for a change. Question is, would he take it if they offered it to him???

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #183 on: June 02, 2013, 05:26:26 PM »
I guess I'm one of the few people who has never watched Doctor Who, but that would sure change is Sean was starring in it.

Offline najinboulder

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Kyle's Kitten
« Reply #184 on: June 02, 2013, 07:00:28 PM »
It is the kind of off beat story that he likes.  Who knows.

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #185 on: June 02, 2013, 07:03:11 PM »
Who do you think!  Imagine the storylines if they skewed the Doctor older for a change. Question is, would he take it if they offered it to him???
They used to do more mature Doctors - back before youth was all.  I suspect they'll bow to pressure and go with an ethnic doctor or a female this time - both of which would be an interesting change.  The one thing we can be almost certain of is that they will be under 40 (Earth years).

Offline Blue Jay

• Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #186 on: June 03, 2013, 06:14:02 AM »
Make that 30.

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #187 on: June 04, 2013, 07:56:57 AM »
Who Will Be Who? 12 Time Lords, Ladies, and Longshots!

Sean Bean: After Game of Thrones, Sean Bean is in need of a new TV show. He would be a return to the older actor mold of Classic Who and has the right amount of aged wisdom and mischievous subversion necessary to play such a fantastical character. Plus, the Doctor dies. Always. Sounds right up Sean Bean's alley.

http://www.denofgeek.us/tv/doctor-who/127727/who-will-be-who-12-time-lords-ladies-and-longshots

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #188 on: June 04, 2013, 09:26:33 AM »
"mischievous subversion"

Never thought of it like that, but yeah . . . he does!

Offline najinboulder

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Kyle's Kitten
« Reply #189 on: June 04, 2013, 07:41:41 PM »
Well Sean does not need another TV Show as he already has committed to Legends.  I am sure if he wanted to do it and they wanted him to something could be worked out.  I do doubt he is interested or in the running.  However I do like the idea of the long shot Patrick Stewart.  I don't think he would be interested in it but he would be an interesting choice.

Offline Annie

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Sharpeshooter
« Reply #190 on: June 11, 2013, 11:00:04 AM »
Depends on the timings but it could be possible.  Tennant fitted filiming one series round Hamlet with the RSC and Smith has done a number of other projects in between series as well.

Interestingly, they've always filmed the Christmas special round about July time (Last July I was tripping over Victorian bits and bobs in the centre of Bristol on my way home every day as they were filming at night on part of my route). According to an interview with Jenna-Louise Coleman, filming won't take place until the autumn this year which seems to be cutting it a bit fine when you think of all the special effects they normally include.

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #191 on: January 28, 2014, 07:05:45 AM »
Guy Ritchie eyeing King Arthur for Warner Bros. with Potential for 6-Film Franchise
Deadline reports that, after numerous attempts from Warner Bros.’ part to get the film off the ground, Ritchie is now looking to make the movie, which is a very ambitious project for the studio with the potential to launch a long-lasting new franchise.

The movie is set to be a tentpole fantasy retelling of King Arthur, intended to span an impressive six films.

http://www.heyuguys.co.uk/guy-ritchie-king-arthur-fantasy-franchise-warner-bros/

Could there be a role in this for Sean?

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #192 on: January 28, 2014, 09:53:48 AM »
At his age, perhaps in one of the later films as the aged and doddering King Pellinore.  :rofl

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #193 on: July 02, 2014, 12:31:06 AM »
Warner Bros. Plans Greek Epic 'Odysseus' for Director Fedor Bondarchuk

Warner Bros. previously adapted Homer's The Iliad, which covers the events of The Trojan War, into the 2004 adventure Troy, where Sean Bean played Odysseus.
http://www.movieweb.com/news/warner-bros-plans-greek-epic-odysseus-for-director-fedor-bondarchuk

Stalingrad Director To Tackle The Odyssey

A decade on from Wolfgang Petersen's Troy (adapted from The Iliad), Hollywood is finally getting around to Homer's other great epic, The Odyssey. Warner Bros. have set Stalingrad director Fedor Bondarchuk to work on Odysseus, the story of the titular Greek warrior-king-hero's return home from the Trojan War.
 300's Gianni Nunnari is among the producers, indicating that, to some extent, this is the same Odysseus that was developing as long as five years ago. There have been plenty of changes afoot between then and now, however. Back in 2009, the screenplay was by Ann Peacock (The Lion, The Witch And The Wardrobe) and the thrust was not The Odyssey itself, but what happened to Odysseus after he got home to Ithaca.

But the latest script is by Jeremy Doner (The Killing), indicating a new focus, and raising the possibility that we may see Odysseus dealing with Cyclops, sirens, Scylla and shipwrecks after all.

There's no start date yet, but the wheels are clearly in motion. Sean Bean played Odysseus in Troy. The campaign to seem him return starts here.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=41450

Bondarchuk confirmed Wednesday to The Hollywood Reporter that he had been hired but declined to offer more details on location, cast or production schedule. 
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/warner-bros-taps-russias-fyodor-716288

http://www.deadline.com/2014/07/warner-bros-plans-greek-epic-odysseus-with-russian-helmer-fedor-bondarchuk/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 12:15:51 PM by patch »

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #194 on: July 09, 2014, 07:34:19 AM »
BBC2 evokes Game of Thrones vibe with new Anglo Saxon epic The Last Kingdom
The BBC has commissioned Downton Abbey producers Carnival to make an eight-part drama based on Bernard Cornwell’s Saxon Stories books.

Production will begin in the autumn on the series which is inspired by the eight novels from the collection of Anglo Saxon historical fiction by Cornwell, the creator of 1990s TV favourite Sharpe.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2014-07-09/bbc2-evokes-game-of-thrones-vibe-with-new-anglo-saxon-epic-the-last-kingdom

BBC plots Game of Thrones-style drama The Last Kingdom with Downton Abbey producers
The Last Kingdom, coming to BBC2 next year, is a collaboration between BBC America and Carnival Films, the award-winning producers who turned Downton Abbey into a global blockbuster.

Based on Bernard Cornwell’s best-selling series of “Saxon stories”, the drama is set in England during the reign of King Alfred, when “the separate kingdoms of what we now know as England have fallen to the invading Vikings and the great kingdom of Wessex has been left standing alone and defiant.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/bbc-plots-game-of-thronesstyle-drama-the-last-kingdom-with-downton-abbey-producers-9594618.html

The Saxon Stories series begins with The Last Kingdom and features The Pale Horseman, The Lords of the North, Sword Song, The Burning Land, Death of Kings and The Pagan Lord. The next instalment, The Empty Throne, is out later this year.

Cornwell has noted the similarities between his books and those of George RR Martin, the Game of Thrones author.

In an interview featuring both authors, Cornwell said: “Fantasy and historical novels are twins – and I’ve never been fond of the label ‘fantasy’ which is too broad a brush and has a fey quality.”

Martin said of Cornwell: “There has never been anyone that writes better battle stuff than him; his war is amazing. He really captures the drama of combat.”

He also said that “Sean Bean was Richard Sharpe long before he was Ned Stark” – a reference to Cornwell’s Sharpe series, which was adapted by ITV in the 1990s with Bean in the title role as a soldier in the Napeoleonic Wars.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/game-of-thrones/10956479/BBC-goes-for-Game-of-Thrones-audience-with-new-Saxon-vs-Viking-drama.html

Has someone read Bernard Cornwell’s Saxon Stories books? Could there be a role in this for Sean?

« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 07:40:54 AM by patch »

Offline Annie

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Sharpeshooter
« Reply #195 on: July 09, 2014, 10:10:56 AM »

It's the one series of books he's written that I haven't read ......yet! 

I'm not sure that Sean would have time to do it (unless he dropped a few other projects that he's been linked to)  I suppose it depends exactly when next year they plan to screen it.

Offline Karrie A

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Rich's Cabin
« Reply #196 on: July 09, 2014, 05:49:21 PM »
There are most certainly worth the read! You asked if there is a place in this series for Sean -  :hellyeah2:

My mind is spinning right now as to which character.  I will have to get back to you after I think some more.
(There are some characters that don't stick around all that long, but have a spectacular death! :backout)

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #197 on: July 09, 2014, 06:23:54 PM »
I've only recently read them all, but for the last two. Sean would be an awesome mature King Alfred or the priest- mentor, Father Beocca, but the first two books at least would require a much younger actor to be Alfred. The lead role, Uthred, needs to be someone not only younger, but not too-young, but in a good physical condition to step into the shoes of the young, blond, blue-eyed warrior. I can picture Jai Courtenay taking up the role. He made a stir in a gladiator loincloth in Spartacus: Blood and Sand and is currently finishing up the Kyle Reese role in the Terminator reboot.  There are so many roles to be cast that, while meager in comparison to GoT, would still be quite substantial, more like Vikings than Downton. I can imagine a lot of actors who have had their characters killed off on GoT and Vikings finding roles in this, especially given as there are more than a few characters that make appearances in Vikings, which starts out shortly after Ragnar Lothbrok's time and his sons have prominent roles in the middle 3 books of the series. It will also be a draw for actors coming off of the Spartacus series.  The books have a huge following, nothing like GoT, but a solid audience-in-waiting and given the nature and popularity of the Viking genre at present, this has HUGE potential. Under the careful hand of the BBC it promises to be a huge hit on the scale of Sharpe as far as UK audiences go.

It should be easy for Sean to work out filming the Alfred scenes in between doing Legends for as long as Legends runs. There are currently 7 books out and the concluding book will be out this October, so it should have a nice run.

For those who might like to read them, be advised, get the whole series before you start. Once you start you'll burn a LOT of midnight oil as they are incredibly addictive, perhaps a bit more so than the Sharpe books. They cover a lot longer time period in a shorter number of books but with just as much intensity. And don't be surprised at the similarities between Uthred and Sharpe.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 06:27:58 PM by Sable899 »

Offline Karrie A

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Rich's Cabin
« Reply #198 on: July 10, 2014, 11:59:26 AM »
Sean could also do "older Uthred". Near the end of the series, he is about 50 years old or so.  I think Father Beocca would be great.

I think the Skarsgard clan would also be naturals. Gustav is currently in the Vikings.

(Sorry don't know where to find the accents on my computer.)

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #199 on: July 10, 2014, 01:42:25 PM »
(Sorry don't know where to find the accents on my computer.)

Keyboard shortcuts for any accent or special character you can think of . . .

http://symbolcodes.tlt.psu.edu/accents/codealt.html

I agree that Sean would be great as Father Beocca - he would have made a splendid Uthred 20 years ago, but that was then, not now.  I do not see him as Alfred, young or old, as Cornwell uses the biographer Asser's description of the king* - handsome but not strong; beset with illnesses; able to formulate great battle strategy, but not a particularly strong warrior himself, etc, etc.

*disclaimer - I tend to side with historians who question the validity of Asser's "Life" of Alfred, as it smacks of the kind of "makings of a saint" hagiography popular at the time it was written.  Alfred may well have been a much more typical medieval warrior king (and a better match, character-wise, for Sean).