News: Please refresh your browser on every visit as modifications are implemented relevant to the recent upgrade.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Future work for Sean ??  (Read 78505 times)

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
Re: Future work for Sean ??
« Reply #200 on: July 10, 2014, 02:43:08 PM »
I have similar thoughts on Alfred. I think he was much more warrior king than Asser makes him out to be. It will be difficult to cast him as he not that much older than Uhtred and you see him maturing along with him over the course of the books. Father Beocca starts off old and grows ever older, but has great presence and has a huge impact on the moral development of Uhtred.

I see Uhtred as a big, strapping warrior, able to swing that mighty sword as if it were a chopstick. None of the Skarsgard clan has the necessary bulk. They will likely be looking to cast the next Travis Fimmel as Uhtred, but I have a personal preference for Jai Courtenay.  He won't be having to spend a lot of extra time bulking up and working out to achieve the physical description of Uhtred.

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #201 on: April 08, 2015, 01:24:29 PM »
Lionsgate Developing ‘The Odyssey’ with ‘Hunger Games’ Team

Lionsgate is developing a movie version of Homer’s “The Odyssey” with “Hunger Games” director Francis Lawrence and producer Nina Jacobson attached.

Lawrence took over directing duties on Lionsgate’s “Hunger Games” franchise (including the upcoming “Mockingjay – Part 2″) after Gary Ross exited following the first film, and Jacobson has produced all four films through her Color Force producing banner.

Peter Craig, who co-wrote the two “Mockingjay” films, is penning the script for “The Odyssey.”

“The Odyssey,” is believed to have been composed by Homer in the 8th century BC. It centers on Odysseus and his journey home after the fall of Troy.

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/lionsgate-the-odyssey-francis-lawrence-nina-jacobson-1201468524/

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #202 on: April 08, 2015, 03:31:20 PM »
It would be nice to see him back as the cheeky Odysseus, but you can bet your sweet arse they'll look for a really young cast, probably some of the youngsters they used in the Hunger Games films.

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #203 on: April 08, 2015, 09:31:11 PM »
I would be GREAT to have SEAN play ODYSSEUS again !! That's one of the reasons why I like SEBASTIAN !!
He's the closest character to ODYSSEUS !! They both like to intellectually TEASE people and they seem to get
a lot of enjoyment out of that activity. It amuses them !!

:slyfox

Offline SMcFirefly

• Ian's Treasure
« Reply #204 on: April 09, 2015, 02:44:43 AM »
Sean Bean, the LEAD in a big Hollywood BLOCKBUSTER?

That would be the day I have a nerdgasm...

It will never happen unfortunately.

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #205 on: April 09, 2015, 10:19:13 AM »
Have to agree. Boromir and Stinger-type roles is about as close to blockbuster lead as he's going to get. I can't recall any blockbuster leads that were in their 50s when they played leads. Face it, ladies, he's just getting too damn old. If he had ever had the mind to play the Hollywood game he would have had a career to parallel Brosnan, Eastwood, Ford, Douglas, Costner, Cage, Travolta, and the rest of that now over-the-hill-but-still-going-strong leading men crew.

Offline SMcFirefly

• Ian's Treasure
« Reply #206 on: April 09, 2015, 04:36:59 PM »
True that, it is a shame though because I would have loved to see (and have always hoped to see) Sean Bean have the lead in a Hollywood blockbuster!

The closest to this would probably be the Hitcher.

There is always a chance, just very small.

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #207 on: April 10, 2015, 01:09:49 PM »
I do think we'll still get to see him in a lot of blockbusters, but he'll be the older uncle or father to the lead or as the monomaniacal villain.

Offline SMcFirefly

• Ian's Treasure
« Reply #208 on: April 10, 2015, 05:23:22 PM »
Probably not no, but we cannot rule out the possibility.

Hell, I did not expect him to lead two television shows that were big in America (Game of Thrones, Legends), so anything is possible.

Offline kristin724

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Fan
    • I Think, Therefore I Review
« Reply #209 on: April 11, 2015, 01:30:31 AM »

Typical we have been waiting years for The Odyssey to come calling to it.  Troy had been made today, you know they would have already mapped out how they would have Troy Parts 1 and 2, Odyssey 1 and 2, and Hector: The Early Years, hehe. 

Perhaps they would court him for a supporting role in it though?

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #210 on: August 21, 2015, 12:02:16 AM »
Hugh Jackman Setting Sail for Lionsgate's 'The Odyssey'

Hugh Jackman is in very early talks to star in Lionsgate's big Odyssey film.

Hunger Games: Mockingjay director Francis Lawrence is helming the film, which is based on the Greek epic poem that centers on hero Odysseus’ journey home after the fall of Troy. It takes him a decade to reach Ithaca, where his wife Penelope and don Telemachus reside.

Talks with Jackman are very early. If the deal sticks, he'd play the hero Odysseus.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/hugh-jackman-setting-sail-lionsgates-816650

Hugh Jackman Considering The Odyssey
http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=45177

« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 02:07:14 AM by patch »

Offline SMcFirefly

• Ian's Treasure
« Reply #211 on: August 21, 2015, 01:33:30 AM »
Hollywood Blockbuster means no lead for Sean Bean :(.

I don't understand why Directors don't approach him for bigger roles.

Amber

« Reply #212 on: August 21, 2015, 06:08:26 AM »

It is a shame but then Hugh Jackman is always wanted after Wolverine and "Pan" is just about to come out so ...

The time for Sean to play Odysseus in an epic like "The Odyssey" would have been straight after "Troy" sadly when those "Gladiator"/mythical things were all the rage, and he was younger, and some might say, cuter leading man material.  My perception of him, if I was a casting agent, might have changed from hero to Dad when I saw him playing Sebastian Egan - unless he can get into a "Taken" type role soon, we might be seeing a lot of Dads, grandads even in his future!

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #213 on: August 21, 2015, 01:37:03 PM »
Amber hits it on the head. Our lad is more dad material now than he is hunky leading man. Jackman is a decade younger and has Hollywood bankability. If we're lucky he'll stumble into a Dante-type role in a spy or political thriller series, like David Baldacci's The Camel Club series or a reboot of Martin Cruz Smith's Gorky Park/Arkady Renko series but even then its more likely it would be in series format for HBO or Showtime rather than feature films. I'd loooooooove to see him get the lead in a telly adaptation of the Cpt. Gabriel Lacey Regency mystery series.

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #214 on: August 22, 2015, 02:09:28 AM »
If we're lucky he'll stumble into a Dante-type role in a spy or political thriller series,

Or he might suprise us and himself with a role like he did with Accused.

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #215 on: August 22, 2015, 04:55:12 PM »
Your RIGHT Patch !! Sean is always full of SURPRISES !!! He's interesting and NEVER BORING !!! Actually
this is a good time to be an older ACTOR. Patrick Stewart is starring in a NEW television show and other older
actors are starring in current movies as well. With Sean's TALENT there is lots of roles for him, he's NOT having
trouble finding work !! If they were smart they would cast him as ODYSSEUS. They could use CGI to make him
younger looking, and because most of the story is about him and his crew they could put a lot of hunky studs
in as his sailors. Unfortunately, they're just going to make another stupid action movie with lots of special
effects, violence, no dialogue or character develop, or SUBSTANCE !!! That's OK because I'm not going to
spend my money to see this JUNK !! However, what's really SAD is that they're totally missing the real story
about ODYSSEUS and who he was. Sean was so GREAT in Troy because he brought out the true ODYSSUS !!
NOT the manly hero, but the WITTY INTELECTUAL TRICKTER !! Who could always talk his way out of trouble !!
That's the ODYSSEUS I want to see !! So how about a TV series with SEAN as ODYSSEUS !!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 08:10:04 PM by lasue »

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #216 on: August 23, 2015, 08:13:46 PM »
I would LOVE to see Sean in more DAD roles and don't forget FATHERS can be HERO'S. Just ask NED !!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline Rebecca

• First Acolyte
  • Sharpe's Siren
« Reply #217 on: August 24, 2015, 05:17:20 AM »

I didn't think Sebastian Egan was dad material at all. Not good husband material either-- LOL-- as the hard-bitten, hard-drinking, investigative journalist, but I could imagine a love interest being worked in somehow. And Dante is the sexiest persona of all of them. Martin's not bad, either.  :naughty:

Sean Connery was playing parts with romantic involvements into his 60s, wasn't he? It all depends on the story, on the part. I would hate to see our Sean doing boring dad roles yet (Ned Stark-type heroic dads are a different thing);  he has too much magnetism and intensity for that. He was hot in Cleanskin.

I agree it's too bad they didn't do Odysseus sooner after Troy; Sean was so great in the role, but I think it needs to be done by a man in his 40s. Oh... just looked it up and Kirk Douglas was in his 30s when he did it.

Amber

« Reply #218 on: August 25, 2015, 06:30:42 AM »

I didn't think Sebastian Egan was dad material at all. Not good husband material either-- LOL-- as the hard-bitten, hard-drinking, investigative journalist, but I could imagine a love interest being worked in somehow. And Dante is the sexiest persona of all of them. Martin's not bad, either.  :naughty:

I was thinking more of how he is ageing - not bad at all - yum! - from our personal perspectives but we are not in Hollywood, obsessed with youth and a six pack!  Our darling man is starting to look his age; perfect for the roles he plays now but problematic, going forward, as Hollywood casts ever younger people in roles associated with older folk - so a woman of 30, not able to play the ingénue as they did at 19 with all the other new, fresh faces there always are to choose  from, might find themselves playing the mother of someone only a couple of years younger than them - ridiculous - but that's how things are there.  And did we really think it was appropriate for Martin to just so happen to be married to a super-model?  Wasn't Amber Valletta one of the breed who didn't get out of bed for less than $10,000 but we are supposed to buy the idea that she is a suitable spouse for a deep cover FBI agent?  Really - how would they meet?  Or Eva Longoria in "Any Day" - it's Hollywood nonsense.  Here/Europe once the youth and beauty bit fades, you can transition nicely in to the character parts, and if you never had the looks, you can still have a very good career with all of the other roles available. 

I can't see Sean getting a role like "Troy" or "Sharpe" which he did, not only just based on his talent, but in part, based on his dashing good looks then.  I can, however, see US casting agents seeing him getting older and as some of them can't see beyond the most recent thing you have done, he could be playing a lovely Dad like Ned for quite some time.  Sebastian is part of that group of roles I would think - they will see that and think of him for older character parts when they should be seeing someone who can do pretty much everything - including wearing a dress, what more do these people need, never mind walking on cobbles in stilettos which, as a woman I can't do, I don't know how he managed that!

Again, to me, of course, he could still do amazing action roles and there is the "Taken" franchise with an opening, or something in a similar vein, that he would be perfect for, it just takes a role that reminds people of what he can do so hopefully, to me, there is more Dante in S2 that will remind them!

Sean Connery was playing parts with romantic involvements into his 60s, wasn't he? It all depends on the story, on the part. I would hate to see our Sean doing boring dad roles yet (Ned Stark-type heroic dads are a different thing);  he has too much magnetism and intensity for that. He was hot in Cleanskin.

Personally, I found the Sean Connery and ever younger women thing sillier and sillier - how realistic in any way was a man his age being involved with Catherine Zeta Jones for example, not believable at all, even if was Sean Connery!  And I didn't say boring Dads - I just meant that age range and what Hollywood sees that as meaning, and more importantly, the roles it denies people they see in that way.  And yes, he was fab in "Cleanskin" - the perfect, age appropriate, dressed young and trendy but not too much so, and relevant, role for him - more of those I say!!!

I agree it's too bad they didn't do Odysseus sooner after Troy; Sean was so great in the role, but I think it needs to be done by a man in his 40s. Oh... just looked it up and Kirk Douglas was in his 30s when he did it.

Yes, it is a shame, he really was the perfect Odysseus, and Zeus for that matter.

Offline Rebecca

• First Acolyte
  • Sharpe's Siren
« Reply #219 on: August 25, 2015, 09:54:03 AM »
Amber, your main point is understood and I agree.

But -- hee hee-- you knew there would be a but, didn't you? Well, Amber Valletta. I really didn't like her because I thought she was hard and cold, and I thought they looked wrong together, but you don't learn until later that maybe she is supposed to be that way since she and Martin didn't meet and court at all.  If she was supposed to be a model, a missed that, but I don't think it matters. Models often don't have long careers. Eva Longoria I liked for him in that role. I thought they made a good pair. She is about 40, and that's a good age difference.

...how realistic in any way was a man his age being involved with Catherine Zeta Jones for example, not believable at all, even if was Sean Connery!
Well, with her in particular it was believable. She married Michael Douglas who is a few decades older than she is.  And this is what I see in real life, too. Women who are single at age 55 or 60 tend to be invisible to men who are looking for dates/relationships. They are almost completely ignored while the men their age are focusing on gals in their 30s or 40s. It stinks, but it is what it is.

I hope, too, that he would get something like Taken. He's perfect for any kind of detective, spy, or thriller type thing. I also am really looking forward to the next season of Legends and to The Frankenstein Chronicles, and that they continue for a while.