News: Please be patient while modifications are made to the new themes to add in familiar menus and features.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Future work for Sean ??  (Read 78508 times)

Offline Annie

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Sharpeshooter
Future work for Sean ??
« on: April 20, 2011, 10:46:36 AM »
So,   I ran out of newspaper before my commute ended this morning and I resorted to reading the horoscopes page.  As usual mine was pretty rubbish but the one for Aries caught my eye:

Your career is about to be the source of much satisfaction as you finally wipe the smile off a certain person's face when an offer you had previously never even dared dream of, comes knocking.

As I can't recall seeing anything like this for a while – what would we like to see Sean do next/ in the near future (and what do we think would be a dream come true – workwise – for him)?

Personally I would love to see him guesting on Doctor Who.  The Christmas special is usually filmed in June/July and featuring in the special has a lot of kudos here in the UK.

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
Re: Future work for Sean ??
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 11:07:09 AM »
So,   I ran out of newspaper before my commute ended this morning and I resorted to reading the horoscopes page.  As usual mine was pretty rubbish but the one for Aries caught my eye:

Your career is about to be the source of much satisfaction as you finally wipe the smile off a certain person's face when an offer you had previously never even dared dream of, comes knocking.

As I can't recall seeing anything like this for a while – what would we like to see Sean do next/ in the near future (and what do we think would be a dream come true – workwise – for him)?

Personally I would love to see him guesting on Doctor Who.  The Christmas special is usually filmed in June/July and featuring in the special has a lot of kudos here in the UK.

I'd like to see him do a great comedy role - not slapstick, even if he finds that sort of thing fun to watch *rolls eyes* - but well-written, clever comedy.
I'd also like to see him do a good modern mystery (personally, I'd LOVE to see an adaptation of one or more of the Martha Grimes DI Richard Jury novels, with Sean as Jury - or course - and a great supporting cast . . . haven't decided who would make a good Melrose Plant).

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 05:09:56 PM »
I agree with lighty.  I've said before that I would love to see him in a comedy, a dark comedy or an adult, subtle/dry type comedy to be more specific.  And a movie in the suspense/thriller genre would be great for him too.  Not a thriller with monsters and loads of special effects, but a good old fashioned whodunit.

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 10:46:35 AM »
Since Hollywood is determined to remake every classic ever made, I'm sure they will get around to remakes of Bogart's classics.  I think he'd be perfect as Rick in Casablanca.  And The Maltese Falcon would be terrific with him in it.

Come to think of it, that's not such a good idea simply because everyone would do nothing but compare him to Bogie.  However, taking him away from period pieces would be very silly simply because he carries them off so perfectly.  I'd love to see him back in Regency uniform as Captain Laurance in the Temeraire series.  It would be a great book series for cable telly.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 10:50:17 AM by Sable899 »

Offline Blue Jay

• Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 10:50:01 AM »
Mmm, not bad ....

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 10:50:48 AM »
BJ, I've modified my previous post.

Offline Blue Jay

• Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2011, 10:52:12 AM »
Well, there would be the comparison thing of course, but still, I think he could do his very own take on it .....

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2011, 10:54:34 AM »
Well, there would be the comparison thing of course, but still, I think he could do his very own take on it .....

It would be like The Hitcher all over again.  People would be so focused on comparing him to Bogie that they would miss out on what he does to the character, all those nuances that we Beanophiles are aware of.

Offline Jess

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Rich's Cabin
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2011, 06:35:39 PM »
I just want him in something where he's going to be on the screen a LOT - preferably all the time. I don't need any other actors in it either - they just obstruct my view :slyfox

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2011, 06:39:39 PM »
I just want him in something where he's going to be on the screen a LOT - preferably all the time. I don't need any other actors in it either - they just obstruct my view :slyfox

Ah, the old "Standing/sitting alone in a room reading the telephone directory/War and Peace/the OED" wish!

One of my favourites.
 :thumbsup:

Offline Jess

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Rich's Cabin
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2011, 06:51:49 PM »
 :hellyeah2: I can't believe no producer or director has figured out yet that there are a LOT of women out there who would pay to see that - probably more than the number of people who would pay to see one of his recent films which he's only briefly in.

They should just dispense with the preliminaries (cast, plot script) and get down to the reason most of us are watching.

Offline Jess

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Rich's Cabin
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2011, 07:04:16 PM »
Actually, I was just thinking that the other day when I was listening to a director's commentary on one of Sean's films and he was waffling on about the art of making the film....  And I was thinking 'Oh get over yourself, the only reason a big chunk of your audience is watching is to ogle Sean.'

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2011, 07:30:07 PM »
What?  You mean to tell me that most people are not interested in Sean Bean because of his remarkable talent?  His extraordinary ability to create complex layers for every character he plays with a simple gesture or shift in posture; a subtle facial expression; a minute change in pitch or tone?  The innate intelligence that allows him to become his character, and his obvious willingness to study and learn in order to bring that character to full life on the screen??

You mean that most of his fans are simply interested in his looks???

I'm gobsmacked.  What Philistines!!

I'm so glad that at least WE are not like that . . .
 :hole

:hyena

Offline Jess

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Rich's Cabin
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2011, 11:27:35 PM »
 :mutley:  Don't worry I'll teach them the error of their ways - just as soon as I finish rewinding a few gratuitous tight trouser shots.

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2011, 05:20:22 AM »
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 07:42:52 AM by patch »

Offline Jess

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Rich's Cabin
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2011, 08:53:10 AM »
Admittedly I'd just woken up when I read this, but I thought for a moment you wanted a film with him dressed like Minnie Mouse, Patch, which sent my mind into a mental tailspin. :mutley:

Now I've woken up properly - I agree that he looks gorgeous in that interview.

Offline Blue Jay

• Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2011, 09:52:20 AM »
I think he looks like that in Cleanskin, but it's the smile that does it.

Mike

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2011, 02:56:33 AM »
The NT premiere look is back YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :coma:

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2011, 04:02:54 PM »
So, we've been playing with this Count to 9999 thread (very fun) and are currently passing through the era of Richard the Lionheart.

Not one of my personal favourites, but he did have an interesting (and very conflicted) life.  It occurred to me that he might make a good project for Sean.  He was younger, of course - 31 when he took the crown and 41 when he died - but I don't think it would be too much of a stretch, since Richard was a warrior from the age of sixteen (which has got to age a guy) and Sean has the colouring and frame to carry it off (okay, maybe not the height, but what was 'tall of stature' in the 12th century, when the average height for a man was about 5'6" ?)

"He was tall in stature, of shapely build, with hair between red and yellow. His limbs were straight and flexible; his arms somewhat long; he had long legs." (written about the time of the 3rd Crusade).

Hell, if Anthony Hopkins could portray him . . .

It would be interesting to see a film that concentrates more on the man instead of his actions (hard to separate, I know) - and there are enough historical questions about his sexual ambiguity (not the sleeping with the French king, but the two confessions he made) that it would be interesting to at least add the question to the characterization.  Not as a focal point of the film, but as a part of a complex characterization of the character.

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2011, 05:02:32 PM »
I'd like to see him revive Neil Byrne.  Bring him back as a special operative for a supersecret agency or even have him take over MI5 as the chief agent in Spooks.  Do it like Extremely Dangerous, in a multi-season series of 4 one-hour episodes.