News: Please refresh your browser on every visit as modifications are implemented relevant to the recent upgrade.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Future work for Sean ??  (Read 78632 times)

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
Re: Future work for Sean ??
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2011, 01:09:06 AM »
As 'Sharpe' is mentioned a lot in the GOT interviews,maybe now would be a good time to make another 'Sharpe'?

Offline beanyfan

• Posh Patrol
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2011, 02:43:29 AM »
I'd like to see him revive Neil Byrne.  Bring him back as a special operative for a supersecret agency or even have him take over MI5 as the chief agent in Spooks.  Do it like Extremely Dangerous, in a multi-season series of 4 one-hour episodes.

The only problem with Spooks is that they seem to have a very high turn over of staff and knowing Sean;s track record he wouldn't be in it for long!!

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2011, 11:24:38 AM »
As 'Sharpe' is mentioned a lot in the GOT interviews,maybe now would be a good time to make another 'Sharpe'?

There were some plans for one more - something that would hopefully have brought the cycle to a close in a reasonable way (I believe the plot would have involved his searching for his daughter, Antonia - remember the foreshadowing scene in Peril where he gazes soulfully at her image in the locket?)

Unfortunately, Peril didn't do as well as Challenge, so I guess the producers' just can't justify another one (and I blame BBC America for both of those - by showing Challenge on Labor Day Sunday (really? Hell, why not New Year's Eve?) and then complaining that it didn't do well enough and refusing to pick up Peril at all).

I swear if I won the lottery (it would have to be a pretty big one!) I would fund another Sharpe - just to see the series come to a true end, rather than just petering away.  Technically, they 'ended' it originally, with Waterloo . . . but then they came back and Peril certainly had an open ending!

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2011, 09:05:19 PM »
I would still love to see him do MACBETH. Or maybe Sean could do a western. He alway's look's good on a horse. :slyfox

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2011, 01:07:53 AM »
It would be really awesome if Sean got to play Moriarty.  They never put a face to Morarity in that remake with Robert Downey and Jude Law.  And, according to Doyle's stories, Homes never managed to defeat Moriarity.

Offline Blue Jay

• Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2011, 08:25:24 AM »
Moriarty, good choice.

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2011, 01:16:09 PM »
Reacher fans the world over are up in arms and have plenty of suggestions as to who would be more appropriate to step into Reacher's giant shoes - Hugh Jackman, Sean Bean and Gerard Butler have been the most frequently mentioned.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/news/article.cfm?c_id=1501119&objectid=10746403

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Reacher

Offline Blue Jay

• Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2011, 01:26:44 PM »
He's too old, I think.

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2011, 05:05:28 PM »
I thought I read that Tom Cruise was taking the role or Jack Reacher, which  is idiotic since he's both a midget and a piss-poor actor - but he bought the rights to the book a while back, so I guess it's a vanity piece.

Offline Blue Jay

• Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2011, 06:42:15 PM »
Now that's totally the wrong choice. Yuck.

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2011, 10:29:00 PM »
He's too old, I think.

According to Wikipedia, Reacher was born in 1960, which only makes him a year younger than Sean, but they are far apart regarding height and weight. 

I sure don't see Tom Cruise in that role.

I found a site that lists tall actors, although most are below 6'5", the stated height for Reacher.

http://socyberty.com/people/22-tall-actors-from-hollywood/

Offline Blue Jay

• Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2011, 07:52:32 AM »
Maybe that's when the first book was written, or what was mentioned in the first book or something, but in the ones I read, he was definitely nowhere near fifty and certainly not over.

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2011, 11:37:42 AM »
I think they could do the film like they did Secondhand Lions.  Use one actor for the young Jack and a mature actor for the mature Jack.

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2011, 09:09:00 PM »
Maybe that's when the first book was written, or what was mentioned in the first book or something, but in the ones I read, he was definitely nowhere near fifty and certainly not over.

You know a lot more about it than I do, BlueJay.  I haven't read the books, I was just going by that Wikipedia link.

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2011, 02:46:30 AM »

GEORGE CLOONEY AND SEAN BEAN AS NAPOLEON AN ILLYA?

http://bishsbeat.blogspot.com/2011/03/uncle-movie-affair.html

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2011, 11:30:38 AM »
I've seen Clooney do some great acting at times, but lately he's just been playing various versions of himself.  Maybe Sean would make him up his game.  I can see Sean standing by disapprovingly with his gallery of expressions as Clooney chews the scenery.  This is one remake I think I would enjoy.  :thumbsup:

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2011, 12:55:42 PM »
I've seen Clooney do some great acting at times, but lately he's just been playing various versions of himself.  Maybe Sean would make him up his game.  I can see Sean standing by disapprovingly with his gallery of expressions as Clooney chews the scenery.  This is one remake I think I would enjoy.  :thumbsup:

Maybe he could chat up Robert Vaughn whilst filming Magnificent Eleven and probe the character of Napoleon Solo (then he could offer a few tips to Clooney . . .)

Sean certainly fits the physical description (sans the blue eyes) of Illya Kuryakin, but can he, at this point in his life, successfully convince us that he's a metrosexual with only minimal interest in women?

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2011, 03:02:27 PM »
I liked the original show, and I generally dislike remakes, but I'm always anxious to see Sean in something new.  I've enjoyed George Clooney in several movies too.   Both actors were in their 30's for the original, but maybe the 50's are the new 30's now.  I see that Sean is pictured as a blond, instead of with the darker hair color he has had for a while, which makes me wonder if that is why he was thought of for the role of Illya.

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2011, 03:35:52 PM »
In order to make it work with Sean and George they would have to do a 20 years later sequel rather than a straight-up remake.

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2011, 08:03:27 PM »
Actually I read about this movie idea in 05 on the Compleat Sean Bean site in Rumours. Same artwork as well. It's suppose
to be a comdey and a spoof on the TV show. Also it does takes place in the 60's so they can use all the cold war mindset of
that time period. Part of the reason why that show was popular was because it was unthinkable( then) that an Amerian and Russian
could work together and be friends as well. When I heard about Sean working with Robert Vaughn in the Magnificent 11 I started
thinking about this rumour again and wondering if this movie would be made after all!! :slyfox