News: Please be patient while modifications are made to the new themes to add in familiar menus and features.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Future work for Sean ??  (Read 78528 times)

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
Re: Future work for Sean ??
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2011, 01:47:55 AM »
Clooney Drops Out Of Man From UNCLE

So now the director will need to find a new Napoleon Solo to star as well as locking in an Illya Kuryakin

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=31902

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2011, 09:33:35 AM »
Channing Tatum's one of Hollyweird's hot young commodities, and Soderbergh likes to work with people he has worked with before or is personal friends with.  With a younger set being considered for the roles, sounds like the only part left for Sean would be as the old guy who runs the spy agency.  Too bad, but this sure sounded like it might have been a fun project, getting Sean into some of those old tight-fitted '60s trousers.

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2011, 06:45:26 PM »
The people who watched this TV show in the 60's are now in their 60's I think most of this audience would want to see older
actors as the main characters not kids who cann't act ( just pose ). This is why so many actors in their 40's, 50's and 60's are
still around and getting work. Like Tom S. Sean could definitely play Illya, but I think he would have alot more sex appeal
then the original actor had!! I'm a little surprised that Clooney didn't take this job I think he's better at comedy then drama.
Just watch OBHAT and you'll see what I mean. He many not want to be in the same movie with Sean, maybe that's the reason.
However with him out I cann't think of another older actor that could or should play Solo. :slyfox

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2011, 07:20:36 PM »
The people who watched this TV show in the 60's are now in their 60's I think most of this audience would want to see older
actors as the main characters not kids who cann't act ( just pose ). This is why so many actors in their 40's, 50's and 60's are
still around and getting work. Like Tom S. Sean could definitely play Illya, but I think he would have alot more sex appeal
then the original actor had!! I'm a little surprised that Clooney didn't take this job I think he's better at comedy then drama.
Just watch OBHAT and you'll see what I mean. He many not want to be in the same movie with Sean, maybe that's the reason.
However with him out I cann't think of another older actor that could or should play Solo. :slyfox

Denzel Washington?  Steve Buscemi?  Vincent D'onofrio?  Viggo?  Kevin Spacey?  I think they're all about the right age - and I think they all have the ability to play the role tongue in cheek.  Denzel does excellent dead-pan - Buscemi started in comedy - D'onofrio is amazing and under-rated - Viggo . . . well, I'm sure he's capable, right?  He did do a comedy in the 80s - and Kevin Spacey?  Hell, he was Dr. Evil.  How much more camp can you get??

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2011, 10:34:00 PM »
Personally, I'd love to see him play Illya opposite James Purefoy as Solo.

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2011, 09:33:57 AM »
Personally, I'd love to see him play Illya opposite James Purefoy as Solo.

Ah - I was sticking to American's.  Move away from that and the field widens considerably!

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2011, 02:48:57 PM »
I wonder if Sean would enjoy teaming up with Pierce Brosnan again?  He would be about the right age (a few years older than Sean).  I assume that the producers would be keeping the character of Napolean Solo as an American, but I would think that PB could do an American accent.  I can't remember if he's played an American in any other movies.  Since they ended up as enemies in Goldeneye, it would be nice to see them as government agents again, but on the same side.

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2011, 02:17:55 PM »
OK I think Kevin Spacey or Pierce B. would be good for Solo. I know nothing about James Purefoy. So I looked him and I have
not seen any of his movies, so I still know nothing about him. However he looks right for the part. Also wouldn't it be fun if
Robert Vaughn was their boss and the original actor that played Illya was another spy. I cann't think of his name, but he plays
a doctor on the TV show NCIS. Dave (something). :slyfox

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2011, 03:05:11 PM »
David McCallum.  Fabulous actor.  Love him to death!

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2011, 06:13:55 PM »
I'm a big fan of David McCallum too, and it's been great to see him in NCIS.

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2011, 11:55:19 AM »
I always liked how the show started with the two main characters walking into the dry cleaners store and they would used the
hidden door (in the changeing room) to get into UNCLES secret office. They also had a thing ( like a cell phone ) to talk to each
other. I guess it was a radio? :slyfox

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2011, 02:19:19 PM »
The cigarette case communicator?

http://www.manfromuncle.org/cigarettecase.htm

This is actually in the CIA Museum, along with a bunch of other "Spy-Fi" artifacts.  Who knew?!!

https://www.cia.gov/about-cia/cia-museum/spy-fi-archives/index.html

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2011, 04:04:35 PM »
What a great site!!! I had totally forgotton about the Pen Communicator!!! Thank you Lighty!! :slyfox

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2011, 02:24:29 AM »
Neil Jordan, himself a pretty good novelist, would be perfect to direct the movie version of A Death in Summer, and Sean Bean would be a terrific choice for Quirke—

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/09/06/benjamin-black-should-win-the-booker-for-his-pulp-novels.html

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2011, 10:37:01 AM »
Neil Jordan, himself a pretty good novelist, would be perfect to direct the movie version of A Death in Summer, and Sean Bean would be a terrific choice for Quirke—

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/09/06/benjamin-black-should-win-the-booker-for-his-pulp-novels.html

Hmm - after reading a couple of reviews, I'm not sure I appreciate that the author of that piece thinks Sean would be a good choice.  Quirke is apparently an older widower and described as 'ungainly'; an alcoholic who at one points sees his face reflected in his glass as 'flushed, bulbous, and bleary'. He is overweight - 'unwieldy bulk, squat neck, rolling shoulders' . . .

It might be a brilliant role - the books sound wonderful and I'll be reading them soon - but not a very good physical match.  Or is that what some men think of Sean?  ouch!

Offline Sylvene

• Divine L&L
  • Mellor's Mistress
  • Once I was young & hot. Now I'm older and better.
    • Words by Sylvene
« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2011, 11:24:24 PM »
 He probably would like Sean to get that way!

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #56 on: September 17, 2011, 09:11:43 PM »
I was just watching The Cain Mutiny with Humphrey Bogart. The writting is excellent and the story moves very well. I think
this was a great role for Bogart and it could be a terrific part for Sean!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2011, 11:54:31 AM »
Since 1990, nearly every year has seen at least one of the four acting trophies go to someone playing a real person. Last year it was three: Christian Bale and Melissa Leo in "The Fighter" and Colin Firth in "The King's Speech."
Why the trend? Oscar watchers say Academy voters admire when actors transform themselves, stepping out of their own personas.

http://britsunited.blogspot.com/2011/12/oscar-rewards-real-life-roles-omahacom.html

Which real person would make a suitable role for Sean?

« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 12:03:15 PM by patch »

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2011, 01:16:31 PM »
Since 1990, nearly every year has seen at least one of the four acting trophies go to someone playing a real person. Last year it was three: Christian Bale and Melissa Leo in "The Fighter" and Colin Firth in "The King's Speech."
Why the trend? Oscar watchers say Academy voters admire when actors transform themselves, stepping out of their own personas.

http://britsunited.blogspot.com/2011/12/oscar-rewards-real-life-roles-omahacom.html

Which real person would make a suitable role for Sean?

Sir Richard Burton.
http://burtoniana.org/

19th century explorer/spy/soldier/ethnographer/translator/etc, etc.  Fascinating, complicated personality, mostly known for the Nile expedition - but the rest of his life and career is far more interesting than that one journey.
One film about him, Mountains of the Moon (1990) - revolving around the expedition . . . past time for a good bio-pic.

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2012, 09:54:55 PM »

WOW!!!!!! BIG NEWS!!!!! Spielberg is going to remake the 10 COMMANDMENTS!!!!!! Maybe our Sean will get a part is this version!!!
 :nananana: :thumbsup: :damn: :nananana: :thumbsup: :damn: :nananana: :thumbsup: :damn: :nananana: :thumbsup: :damn: