News: Please be patient while modifications are made to the new themes to add in familiar menus and features.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Future work for Sean ??  (Read 78625 times)

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
Re: Future work for Sean ??
« Reply #60 on: January 26, 2012, 10:08:49 PM »

WOW!!!!!! BIG NEWS!!!!! Spielberg is going to remake the 10 COMMANDMENTS!!!!!! Maybe our Sean will get a part is this version!!!
 :nananana: :thumbsup: :damn: :nananana: :thumbsup: :damn: :nananana: :thumbsup: :damn: :nananana: :thumbsup: :damn:

No offense, but we need more biblical epics like we need another nuclear melt-down.

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2012, 09:41:57 PM »
But Lighty this is suppose to be a down-to-earth, realistic movie about the 10 Comamdments. So they will need alot of actors
who can ride horses, fight with swords, shoot an arrow, and look good in a skirt!! :evillaugh So hiring Sean for this film is a
no-brainer.

Offline najinboulder

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Kyle's Kitten
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2012, 10:23:02 PM »
So I agree with you both.  We really do not need another biblical epic, however if they have to make one Sean would be great in a lot of different roles.  Yes swords or horses both are his forte.

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2012, 01:24:25 AM »
Sorry, but I really don't care to see him in Biblical robes ever again.  Images of Jacob and hairy arms spring to mind.  I want to see him as Sir John Cornweille in the film adaptation of Agincourt or as the British Colonel in the adaptation of The Fort.

hurinhouse

« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2012, 02:00:25 PM »
i agree - i have no interest in any type of biblical film, sean or not, but there are plenty of other historical figures worthy of his time and talent.

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2012, 02:32:50 PM »
Who are we kidding?If he´s cast in a biblical film we probably all watch it. And after "accused" no other casting will ever suprise me again!  :mutley:

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2012, 02:56:43 PM »
Who are we kidding?If he´s cast in a biblical film we probably all watch it. And after "accused" no other casting will ever suprise me again!  :mutley:

I would watch it in the same way I've watched other programs he has been in that are dire - in front of my tv, making snarky comments and rolling my eyes the entire time - and fast-forwarding through the parts he's not in.

That's assuming they don't make him look like an idiot; I cringed watching the last biblical thing he did - and that was considered a pretty good program (not by me, but in general), not a cut-rate exercise.

I'm with Sable; I'd like to see him in Agincourt, assuming that ever gets off the ground.  Even better, I'd like to see him have a leading role in some film (that isn't an ensemble and isn't a done for pennies indy that only has exposure on the art film circuit, where it achieves critical acclaim, but is invisible to the general public).

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2012, 03:41:59 PM »
I'm not a fan of biblical films, but I would watch one if Sean was in it.  Like, lighty, I would keep the remote control in hand and forward through the other parts.  

Offline melinda

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Fan
« Reply #68 on: January 30, 2012, 10:51:56 AM »
He hasn't done biblical has he? Could be interesting.

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #69 on: January 30, 2012, 12:17:36 PM »
He hasn't done biblical has he? Could be interesting.

He played Esau in a TNT tele-film, Jacob.  It was part of a series of bible stories.

They glued hair all over him (because Esau was really hairy, remember?)  He looked ridiculous.  Not to mention that he managed to get the bad guy role in a flipping bible story, for petes sake.
 :censored:

Offline najinboulder

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Kyle's Kitten
« Reply #70 on: January 30, 2012, 06:41:23 PM »
The hair thing really got to me.  It almost looked like he was sprayed with honey and then someone opened a box of hair and tossed it at him.  A real ugly disgusting look.

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #71 on: January 31, 2012, 01:26:43 AM »
I remember a high school play that required bushy sideburns on the guys.  We used hairspray to stick on hairs collected from a local barbershop. At least it washed off easily.  All I know is that Sean looked ridonkulous!  Especially with that curly bouffant wig he had to wear

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #72 on: January 31, 2012, 03:16:32 PM »
The image of Sean as Esau is one that I have tried to put out of my mind.

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #73 on: February 06, 2012, 07:44:13 AM »
Roel Reine is planning to make an epic movie about Michiel de Ruyter. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michiel_de_Ruyter

Filming will take place in the Netherlands and Britain.I live close to Vlissingen,Michiels birthplace.If they could make this a movie with an international cast.......Oh I'm just dreaming!

http://historiek.net/actueel/speelfilm-over-zeeheld-michiel-de-ruyter-5829

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=nl&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fhistoriek.net%2Factueel%2Fspeelfilm-over-zeeheld-michiel-de-ruyter-5829

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #74 on: March 26, 2012, 02:59:03 AM »

Offline najinboulder

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Kyle's Kitten
« Reply #75 on: March 26, 2012, 08:21:19 AM »
Interesting thoughts but very unlikely. 

Offline Annie

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Sharpeshooter
« Reply #76 on: March 28, 2012, 04:26:49 PM »
Sometimes I wish I'd never started this thread.

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #77 on: March 28, 2012, 05:39:14 PM »
I'd love to see Sean in the Mick Stranahan role in the in-development HBO adaptation of Carl Hiassen's novel Skinny Dip.  Of course, it wouldn't be much of a stretch for Sean simply because he IS Mick, but it would be a great black comedy with lots of nekkidness.  The book was damn funny.  Plus, Hiassen brings the retired detective back for several more books.

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #78 on: July 11, 2012, 02:10:17 AM »
The life of variety show entertainer Danny La Rue is to be dramatised in a new film.

The BFI-funded screenplay has been written by Martyn Hesford, who created the BBC Four biopic Fantabulosa, about Carry On actor Kenneth Williams.

It will examine La Rue's "complex web of relationships" with his manager and partner Jack Hanson and close companion and costume designer Annie Galbraith.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-18785440

Sean said he wanted to be suprised by what he got offered in the Metro interview and maybe wanted to do a Musical.This has possibilities!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_La_Rue
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 02:13:54 AM by patch »

Offline Annie

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Sharpeshooter
« Reply #79 on: July 11, 2012, 03:14:05 AM »
Well he did claim to have got used to the high heels and skirts. 

He'd have to lose some of that weight he's put on recently though - all those sparkly evening dresses wouldn't look good on his figure at the moment.

Seriously - from what I undestand - Danny La Rue was a pretty cmmplex character  - really something to get his teeth into.