News: Please refresh your browser on every visit as modifications are implemented relevant to the recent upgrade.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Future work for Sean ??  (Read 78518 times)

Offline najinboulder

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Kyle's Kitten
Re: Future work for Sean ??
« Reply #80 on: July 11, 2012, 07:32:16 AM »
I'd love to see what Sean would do with this part, but somehow I don't see him getting this.

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #81 on: July 11, 2012, 11:32:50 AM »
I think John Barrowman would be a better choice - he has a background in musical theatre, seems to be pretty good at impersonations, and looks good in a dress.

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #82 on: July 11, 2012, 11:40:08 AM »
And Barrowman is a hot property at the moment and would be easily accepted into a role like this. What Sean might like to sink his teeth into doesn't always mean he's right for the part and this part calls for someone well-versed in walking both sides of the gender line.  Up and comers like Barrowman and Matt Bomer are much easier to imagine in the role.

Offline RnRPaintGrL

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Sharpeshooter
« Reply #83 on: August 10, 2012, 04:38:15 PM »
so my hubby shows me this trailer today for the Red Dawn remake. It looked fairly good until I thought I saw Sean!  No such luck, its that American actor who just looks like him.  :wellll:
http://youtu.be/UoqlBHSePw0

Offline najinboulder

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Kyle's Kitten
« Reply #84 on: August 14, 2012, 10:16:55 AM »
Okay so which American actor do you think looks like Sean?

Offline RnRPaintGrL

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Sharpeshooter
« Reply #85 on: August 21, 2012, 02:14:42 PM »
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0191442/
This guy. Ages ago someone someplace mentioned him to me about his role on Lost. Doing the same as me, thinking it was Sean. He's really come a long way since then, even working with Sean on the Faceless pilot. He makes appearances on Person of Interest every so often.
I've come to really appreciate him. Hot in a second to Sean way.  :pant:

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #86 on: August 23, 2012, 11:25:41 AM »
BBC turns best-selling Henry VIII novel and Booker Prize winner 'Wolf Hall' into a mini-series

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2192546/Wolf-Hall.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolf_Hall

On Twitter Sean Bean was suggested as Cromwell.

Offline najinboulder

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Kyle's Kitten
« Reply #87 on: August 23, 2012, 04:57:04 PM »
This would be a great idea.

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #88 on: August 23, 2012, 07:06:54 PM »

So he could lose his head again?  How about someone who actually outlives Henry?

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #89 on: August 23, 2012, 07:12:59 PM »

So he could lose his head again?  How about someone who actually outlives Henry?

Catherine Parr?

I can see a vague resemblance (if I squint . . .)

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #90 on: August 23, 2012, 07:19:46 PM »
Wolf Hall doesn't go that far in Henry's history. Its all centered around Cromwell at the time of Henry's and the annulment question.  But, hey, after the success of Tracie, who knows???????

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #91 on: August 23, 2012, 07:25:37 PM »
Wolf Hall doesn't go that far in Henry's history. Its all centered around Cromwell at the time of Henry's and the annulment question.  But, hey, after the success of Tracie, who knows???????

I was under the impression that it ends before Cromwell gets lopped - doesn't that happen in the subsequent book?  It would be a nice role for him, even if he does get lopped.

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #92 on: August 24, 2012, 12:04:37 AM »
Well if Sean's in the cast they should change the name to DIREWOLF HALL !!!! :slyfox

Offline najinboulder

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Kyle's Kitten
« Reply #93 on: August 24, 2012, 09:45:12 AM »
 :laffat: 

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #94 on: August 24, 2012, 10:08:01 AM »
I've always read Cromwell as a rather nasty fellow with a cruel streak. If Sean has to play a nasty piece of work I'd rather him be Norfolk or Sir Richard Rich. At least they dressed better. Even better would be Suffolk. At least he ended up married to Henry's sister Mary.

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #95 on: August 24, 2012, 11:32:12 AM »
I've always read Cromwell as a rather nasty fellow with a cruel streak. If Sean has to play a nasty piece of work I'd rather him be Norfolk or Sir Richard Rich. At least they dressed better. Even better would be Suffolk. At least he ended up married to Henry's sister Mary.

I haven't read Wolf Hall, but my understanding from the reviews is that the author has created him as a sympathetic character and turned tables on Thomas More.  Cromwell is the protagonist of the book, apparently.

*note to self - buy book*

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #96 on: November 13, 2012, 01:16:21 AM »
Dad's Army the movie - Sitcom writer's agent confirms film adaptation talks

Don’t Panic! Talks are underway to bring Dad’s Army to the big screen, with a new cast and a novel twist - Captain Mainwaring could be played by a woman.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/dads-army-the-movie--sitcom-writers-agent-confirms-film-adaptation-talks-and-suggests-captain-mainwaring-may-be-cast-as-a-woman-8307225.html
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 01:18:35 AM by patch »

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #97 on: November 15, 2012, 10:00:32 PM »
So would there be a part for Sean in this movie ????? If so what role would be best for him ?????? :slyfox

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #98 on: November 16, 2012, 12:07:13 AM »
So would there be a part for Sean in this movie ????? If so what role would be best for him ?????? :slyfox

I could see Sean as Private Joe Walker

A black market "spiv", Walker was the only fit, able-bodied man of military age in Walmington-on-Sea's home guard. His absence from the regular armed forces was due to a corned beef allergy, although it was implied that Walker had probably found a way to play the system. Mainwaring often turned a blind eye to his profiteering as he could sometimes supply the platoon (and Mainwaring) with useful items. On more than one occasion, Walker's willingness to use underhand tactics allowed Mainwaring's platoon to triumph over rivals in the Home Guard, Army and ARP. He was disciplined several times by Captain Mainwaring for making jokes at inappropriate times. Though Beck was the second youngest regular cast member, he was the first to die
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_characters_in_Dad%27s_Army#Private_Joe_Walker
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dad's_Army

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #99 on: November 16, 2012, 10:05:07 PM »
He's a very interesting character. Sean would have some fun with this part. Thank you Patch !!!! :hellyeah2: