News: Please be patient while modifications are made to the new themes to add in familiar menus and features.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Future work for Sean ??  (Read 78510 times)

Annakarenina

Re: Future work for Sean ??
« Reply #100 on: November 17, 2012, 09:36:43 AM »
I would still LOVE to see him in a remake of 'A Man for All Seasons' - I think he could play almost any role in that apart from one of Henry's wives ............... oh I don't know - after 'Tracie' he probably could.  BUT WHICH ONE?????  YOU must decide..................
 :sneak:

Offline najinboulder

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Kyle's Kitten
« Reply #101 on: November 17, 2012, 11:00:23 AM »
Well on one had the lead character of Thomas More would be a good fit for his acting style.  A strong character who lives by his principles, not unlike his Sharpe character.  But on the other hand the role of Henry VIII is a better fit for his personal life, a man who is not at all monogamous in his marriages.   :evillaugh

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #102 on: November 18, 2012, 12:32:10 AM »
I'm tired of all the heavy dramas. I'd like to see him do something lighter, like playing Archie McNally in the McNally series of mysteries. Dapper dresser, witty with the one-liners, smooth with the ladies of all ages...

Annakarenina

« Reply #103 on: November 18, 2012, 01:36:18 PM »
 :boots  OK Sable .... OK .........   So how about..............'A Man for All Seasons'  THE MUSICAL  !!!!!!!!!!    'Course the beheading is a demise he's used to so we'd have to change that a bit ..........!!!!
OR change the storyline completely - the seasons being women named  'Spring', 'Summer', 'Autumn' and 'Winnie' !!!    :backout

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #104 on: November 18, 2012, 02:37:48 PM »
And pray tell what would the plot be of this 'musical'?

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #105 on: November 18, 2012, 04:11:33 PM »
And pray tell what would the plot be of this 'musical'?

I think that IS the plot - four seasons, four women . . .  :evillaugh

Annakarenina

« Reply #106 on: November 19, 2012, 02:36:59 PM »
Oh Lighty - SOOOOOO quick!!   :rofl

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #107 on: November 29, 2012, 12:26:41 AM »
'Fifty Shades of Grey' dream cast: UK stars make new list

Carrick Grey - Sean Bean

http://www.examiner.com/article/fifty-shades-of-grey-dream-cast-uk-stars-make-new-list

Offline najinboulder

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Kyle's Kitten
« Reply #108 on: November 29, 2012, 07:35:37 AM »
The fans have picked a great cast.  Hopefully this will influence the producers.  Although I would be surprised if all these actors would be available for this production. 

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #109 on: November 29, 2012, 09:15:25 AM »
They're turning that dreck into a film? 

Of course they are.

*sigh*

versusterminus

« Reply #110 on: November 29, 2012, 09:17:52 AM »
Im staying as far away as humanly possible from that horribly craptastic literary faux pas.

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #111 on: November 29, 2012, 09:40:51 AM »
Im staying as far away as humanly possible from that horribly craptastic literary faux pas.

You and me, both.  I read a two page excerpt early on in the "phenomenon" of this masterpiece of marketing and had an almost uncontrollable urge to start scrawling on my laptop screen with my red pen.  gah.

Offline Annie

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Sharpeshooter
« Reply #112 on: November 29, 2012, 10:15:51 AM »
I caught a few seconds of an interview with her last night on the TV and she can't even seem to talk coherently.  I've gone nowhere near the book as I've heard so many comments about how bad the writing actaully is.

versusterminus

« Reply #113 on: November 29, 2012, 10:21:25 AM »

You and me, both.  I read a two page excerpt early on in the "phenomenon" of this masterpiece of marketing and had an almost uncontrollable urge to start scrawling on my laptop screen with my red pen.  gah.

I read the back of the cover and wanted to stab myself in the eye with a blunt object.  Like watching Soldiers of Fortune. I felt violated.

Annakarenina

« Reply #114 on: November 29, 2012, 03:02:12 PM »
  :vomit: dreadful rag - and I only read a page over someone's shoulder on a bus!! A friend of mine works in a charity shop and they had four copies handed in on one day, she said "At this rate we'll have to dedicate a whole shelf to the damned things"......I much prefer the Twitter version of 'Fifty Sheds of Grey'!!   X

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #115 on: November 29, 2012, 03:13:48 PM »
Thanks - you both made me laugh out loud!

Harmony2012

« Reply #116 on: November 29, 2012, 04:55:38 PM »
I actually read all three.  Yes, shoot me now.  I asked my face book friends for suggestions of what was good to read.  Several of my friends from high school went on and on about how great the books were.  I went and bought all 3 of them.  Oh my.  They are definitely not something I would have chose to read and I am not interested in the movie of it.  I keep meaning to take them to the used bookstore, but I forgot again this week.  Ugh. 

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #117 on: November 29, 2012, 07:55:04 PM »
I actually read all three.  Yes, shoot me now.  I asked my face book friends for suggestions of what was good to read.  Several of my friends from high school went on and on about how great the books were.  I went and bought all 3 of them.  Oh my.  They are definitely not something I would have chose to read and I am not interested in the movie of it.  I keep meaning to take them to the used bookstore, but I forgot again this week.  Ugh. 

Harmony.  Dearest. 
We need to chat.

The definition of crazy is doing the same thing over and over, expecting a different result.
You must be crazy to have read all three!!  (But that's okay - we know it because we live it!)

:rofl

Offline najinboulder

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Kyle's Kitten
« Reply #118 on: November 29, 2012, 10:42:03 PM »
I know nothing about this book so I guess I better go to the book store and read the back page.  It is hard to believe that this book is as bad as you all think it is and yet it is being turned into a move.  But since I usually agree with you guys this is a book I will not buy.  Thanks for the education. :thanks1

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #119 on: November 29, 2012, 11:58:35 PM »
I know nothing about this book so I guess I better go to the book store and read the back page.  It is hard to believe that this book is as bad as you all think it is and yet it is being turned into a move.  But since I usually agree with you guys this is a book I will not buy.  Thanks for the education. :thanks1

Here, najin - you don't need to waste the fuel driving to the bookstore:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/04/16/50-shades-of-grey-speed-read-14-naughtiest-bits.html

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/47062319/ns/today-books/t/fifty-shades-grey-peek-inside-steamy-novel/#.ULhGKYZHGSo

http://www.onlineclasses.org/2012/05/24/7-hilarious-excerpt-from-50-shades-of-grey-you-have-to-read-to-believe/