News: Please refresh your browser on every visit as modifications are implemented relevant to the recent upgrade.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Future work for Sean ??  (Read 78520 times)

Offline Blue Jay

• Mellor's Mistress
Re: Future work for Sean ??
« Reply #120 on: November 30, 2012, 10:03:21 AM »
I´ve got the whole trilogy in epub format for those who are interested. I certainly am not ...... Yes, I know, why do you have them then? Someone gave them to me. I did NOT get them of my own free will.

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #121 on: November 30, 2012, 11:17:57 AM »
I´ve got the whole trilogy in epub format for those who are interested. I certainly am not ...... Yes, I know, why do you have them then? Someone gave them to me. I did NOT get them of my own free will.

But have you drunk the Koolaid and read them, BJ?  That's the REAL question!  :evillaugh

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #122 on: November 30, 2012, 01:22:37 PM »
Now, in Harmony's defense, I've inadvertently read some really terrible stuff myself in the hope that surely it must get better the further you get in to it (ie: Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell, Android Karenina, to name a couple). However, I did manage to put down the first Twilight book about 3/4ths of the way in. And to think I really had such high hopes for a book that was getting such a large portion of today's adolescents to read.  I've given up on trusting the reading masses to guide me in choosing fiction even if the authors are normally decent writers. I guess you could say that every writer has to write a stinker now and then, but come on, its not a mandatory requirement.  However, I find even the authors of supposedly 'classic' literature are often impossible to read. I mean, does anyone actually enjoy Thomas Hardy, Joseph Conrad or Emily Bronte, or are they being read just to satisfy some college curriculum or for someone to be able to sound uber-intelligent at some cocktail party? Yes, sad to say, but I'm one of those people who actually HATES Hemingway, but I simply adore Flannery O'Connor. Go figure.

Offline najinboulder

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Kyle's Kitten
« Reply #123 on: November 30, 2012, 02:10:56 PM »
We all have some little eclectic taste about something.  I agree with you on the classics.  We have all read what literary experts say are great authors and true classics which would never be read by us if it were not part of the class.  And once read most of these books and authors were never reread.  But I will admit loving Henrik Ibsen after being forced to read Hedda Gabler in college.  Yes I think I read everything he wrote.  So go figure is right.

Thanks for the links Lightly.  You are right.  I shouldn't waste gas for this $#%&.  However since I live in Boulder I would have ridden my bike. 

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #124 on: November 30, 2012, 02:20:26 PM »
Now, in Harmony's defense, I've inadvertently read some really terrible stuff myself in the hope that surely it must get better the further you get in to it (ie: Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell, Android Karenina, to name a couple). However, I did manage to put down the first Twilight book about 3/4ths of the way in. And to think I really had such high hopes for a book that was getting such a large portion of today's adolescents to read.  I've given up on trusting the reading masses to guide me in choosing fiction even if the authors are normally decent writers. I guess you could say that every writer has to write a stinker now and then, but come on, its not a mandatory requirement.  However, I find even the authors of supposedly 'classic' literature are often impossible to read. I mean, does anyone actually enjoy Thomas Hardy, Joseph Conrad or Emily Bronte, or are they being read just to satisfy some college curriculum or for someone to be able to sound uber-intelligent at some cocktail party? Yes, sad to say, but I'm one of those people who actually HATES Hemingway, but I simply adore Flannery O'Connor. Go figure.

Harmony gets a pass (you do know I was teasing, right Harmony?) - I completely understand the curiosity that would drive someone to try and figure out why these books are so popular . . . I'll also give absolute credit to her steeliness of mind, since she has obviously gone into the pit and emerged sane!

There is plenty of classic literature I despise (Tess of the D'urbervilles, for one.  blech.  I did like Hardy's Jude the Obscure, but that may be because it was considered obscene by the Victorians . . .) and with the exception of Jane Eyre, I don't care for the Bronte's at all - not even Wuthering Heights.  Conrad is hit and miss - I liked Heart of Darkness, though interestingly, not until after I read Lord Jim.  Not sure why.

Overall, I loathe the Russian novelists - bleak and filled with tortured morality.  I like some of Kafka - he had the decency to keep his odd meanderings fairly short.  I like some Hemingway, do not care for O'Connor, and - oddly - actually enjoy some of the 18th century English authors.

Depends on my mood, I guess.  I've been reading the Trench poets and writers lately - leavened with Raphael Sabatini for fun.  I did finally read "She" (Henry Rider Haggard), which was interesting in a strange way.  Almost funny, almost touching . . . very weird.

We all have some little eclectic taste about something.  I agree with you on the classics.  We have all read what literary experts say are great authors and true classics which would never be read by us if it were not part of the class.  And once read most of these books and authors were never reread.  But I will admit loving Henrik Ibsen after being forced to read Hedda Gabler in college.  Yes I think I read everything he wrote.  So go figure is right.

Thanks for the links Lightly.  You are right.  I shouldn't waste gas for this $#%&.  However since I live in Boulder I would have ridden my bike. 

Oh, you Birkenstock wearing hippies in Boulder!!  (I miss that place - lived in Denver for 20-odd years . . . used to go see Dan Fogelberg play half-house in Boulder all the time - and there was a great used book store . . . can't recall the name . . .) :)

versusterminus

« Reply #125 on: November 30, 2012, 02:54:17 PM »
Overall, I loathe the Russian novelists - bleak and filled with tortured morality.  I like some of Kafka - he had the decency to keep his odd meanderings fairly short.  I like some Hemingway, do not care for O'Connor, and - oddly - actually enjoy some of the 18th century English authors.

Loved Metamorphosis. Loved Crime & Punishment, but it must be 10 years ago at least now, would have to re-read to give a just appreciation of the work. But I remember very fondly Metamorphosis. Mostly been reading political and social science literature lately. Also, being enrolled in university, coursebooks are basically the only thing I read except during the summer, not much time to get variation in, sadly. :/

I digress, main point: loved Metamorphosis and Crime & Punishment. I think its the darkness in Russian literary works that actually pulls me in. Same with Kafka.

I've given up on trusting the reading masses to guide me in choosing fiction even if the authors are normally decent writers

The masses are seldom right. The masses will like what you tell them to like.

Harmony2012

« Reply #126 on: November 30, 2012, 07:21:23 PM »
I did know you were teasing!!!!  I have trouble believing I actually read all three.  I did keep hoping it would improve, but sadly, I was wrong.  I usually leave the book I am reading on my dining room table.  I teach piano and voice at home so it is always possible for my students to pick up what I am reading and read a bit.  However, I had to HIDE these books because no way do I want any of my students to read this.  usually it is the teenagers that like to know what I read, never the small ones.  I truly hope Sean would NOT be in this awful story.

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #127 on: November 30, 2012, 07:28:25 PM »
I did know you were teasing!!!!  I have trouble believing I actually read all three.  I did keep hoping it would improve, but sadly, I was wrong.  I usually leave the book I am reading on my dining room table.  I teach piano and voice at home so it is always possible for my students to pick up what I am reading and read a bit.  However, I had to HIDE these books because no way do I want any of my students to read this.  usually it is the teenagers that like to know what I read, never the small ones.  I truly hope Sean would NOT be in this awful story.

You and me both - unless they want to make the film about how the book got published and he plays the head of the publishing company that refused to publish it (I have to assume someone refused it).  He could give an impassioned speech about the declining standards of the reading public - talk about quality . . . the scene could end with him doing his classic hand to forehead gesture . . .

Offline najinboulder

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Kyle's Kitten
« Reply #128 on: November 30, 2012, 10:02:22 PM »

Oh, you Birkenstock wearing hippies in Boulder!!  (I miss that place - lived in Denver for 20-odd years . . . used to go see Dan Fogelberg play half-house in Boulder all the time - and there was a great used book store . . . can't recall the name . . .) :)

You got my number LIghtly... :laffat:

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #129 on: December 02, 2012, 06:29:38 PM »
I'm reading Devil's Peak right now. Excellent story about a alcoholic detective, a vigilante serial killer (who use's a Zulu spear called
a assegai ) and a beautiful prostitute. Very well written, I hope Sean makes this movie. He is the PERFECT BENNY !!!!! :hellyeah2:

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #130 on: December 03, 2012, 09:54:06 PM »
I have been reading that fan's of the game Warcraft want Sean to play the part of Arthas if Warcraft becomes a movie. Does
anyone know anything about this charactor ????? :slyfox

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #131 on: December 03, 2012, 10:21:28 PM »
I have been reading that fan's of the game Warcraft want Sean to play the part of Arthas if Warcraft becomes a movie. Does
anyone know anything about this charactor ????? :slyfox

He becomes evil and dies, apparently. :(

http://www.wowwiki.com/Arthas_Menethil

Offline Sylvene

• Divine L&L
  • Mellor's Mistress
  • Once I was young & hot. Now I'm older and better.
    • Words by Sylvene
« Reply #132 on: December 04, 2012, 12:01:39 PM »
ROFL!  Arthas, huh?  He'd have to grow his hair long and go blonde again. But... why not??  :D

versusterminus

« Reply #133 on: December 04, 2012, 12:25:13 PM »

Oh, wow. I simply cannot contain my excitement for the prospect of yet another screen-death. Cannot contain my excitement at all.

*YAWN*

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #134 on: December 04, 2012, 02:20:32 PM »

Oh, wow. I simply cannot contain my excitement for the prospect of yet another screen-death. Cannot contain my excitement at all.

*YAWN*

Someone tweeted
If Sean Bean starred in IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE it would end with George Bailey torn apart by lions.

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #135 on: December 04, 2012, 02:23:52 PM »

*YAWN*

:evillaugh

Someone tweeted
If Sean Bean starred in IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE it would end with George Bailey torn apart by lions.

:mutley:

versusterminus

« Reply #136 on: December 04, 2012, 02:51:07 PM »

*YAWN*

Someone tweeted

I guess its somehow slightly different from being torn apart by horses. Slightly.

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #137 on: December 04, 2012, 10:06:18 PM »
BIG NEWS !!!!!!! The Hollywood Reporter is saying that Sean will replace Brendan Fraser in LEGENDS !!!!!!!! A TV movie about a
deep-cover operative named Martin Odum !!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :hellyeah2:

Harmony2012

« Reply #138 on: December 04, 2012, 10:22:06 PM »
that is awesome!

Offline najinboulder

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Kyle's Kitten
« Reply #139 on: December 05, 2012, 08:33:57 AM »
 :hellno