News: Please be patient while modifications are made to the new themes to add in familiar menus and features.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Future work for Sean ??  (Read 78512 times)

Harmony2012

Re: Future work for Sean ??
« Reply #160 on: January 16, 2013, 01:40:44 PM »
Yes, Sable, it was hard to admit!!  He he he!!!  I am so much better now!  Just need more pictures of Sean!

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #161 on: January 17, 2013, 10:00:28 PM »
Unfortunately Odyssey will be made as a SC-FI space opera. So I don't see any role for Sean in this movie.  :frustrate: :frustrate: :frustrate: :frustrate: :poorme:

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #162 on: January 17, 2013, 10:05:43 PM »
Unfortunately Odyssey will be made as a SC-FI space opera. So I don't see any role for Sean in this movie.  :frustrate: :frustrate: :frustrate: :frustrate: :poorme:

He can sing . . . at least as well as Russell Crowe.

versusterminus

« Reply #163 on: January 18, 2013, 01:40:03 AM »

He can sing . . . at least as well as Russell Crowe.

No.

Offline Annie

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Sharpeshooter
« Reply #164 on: January 18, 2013, 04:12:38 AM »

Part of me says No but then part says  -  he may relish the challenge.  He did challenge people's perceptions of him by doing Accused.

It's the scfi bit that puts me off.

Offline najinboulder

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Kyle's Kitten
« Reply #165 on: January 18, 2013, 08:36:21 AM »

Part of me says No but then part says  -  he may relish the challenge.  He did challenge people's perceptions of him by doing Accused.

It's the scfi bit that puts me off.

I agree Annie.

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #166 on: January 25, 2013, 05:22:35 AM »
Who should play Hilary Mantel's Thomas Cromwell?

The RSC is set to stage Wolf Hall and Bring Up the Bodies. But who should play the ruthless master politician at the novels' core?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/stage/theatreblog/2013/jan/24/hilary-mantel-thomas-cromwell-rsc

But who is man enough to carry the name of Thomas Cromwell forth onto the boards, in the RSC's imminent adaptation of Wolf Hall and Bring Up the Bodies? Gregory Doran, the RSC's artistic director, says that he has the perfect actor in mind for the role – but for the moment his lips are sealed. "I wish I could tell you," he said tantalisingly yesterday.

Which set us thinking. It is a tricky – as well as fascinating – challenge for any actor. Cromwell was a Putney blacksmith's son who rose to the highest political position in the land, chief minister to Henry VIII, before finding himself on the wrong side of the succession game being played out by an increasingly desperate king. So applicants must be able to suggest unbleached wool while wearing velvet with swagger.

Some time ago there was an article about a BBC adaptation

http://www.guardian.co.uk/stage/theatreblog/2013/jan/24/hilary-mantel-thomas-cromwell-rsc

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #167 on: January 25, 2013, 01:07:43 PM »
His Nibs would be completely wrong for the character, not to mention he's a bit occupied for a while with Legends, especially seeing how it is quite likely it will go to series. Thomas Cromwell is much more suitable to a sly, dark-featured beady-eyed mid-tiered actor, more along the lines of James Frain who so brilliantly portrayed him in The Tudors. Besides being too expensive for the RSC, I don't see Sean taking on a possibly lengthy run in any sort of theater production at this point.

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #168 on: February 19, 2013, 12:02:28 AM »
War and Peace, one of the greatest novels of all time, is to be turned into an epic television drama by the BBC.

Leo Tolstoy's classic book will be made into a six-part series,

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2280558/War-Peace-dramatised-BBC-starring-Eddie-Redmayne.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-21502934
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 05:22:48 AM by patch »

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #169 on: February 19, 2013, 01:24:07 AM »
That's going to take a huge cast, especially doing it as a multi-part telly project. Its been at least 40 years since I read it, so recalling age-appropriate characters is difficult to say the least.

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #170 on: February 19, 2013, 10:01:43 AM »
Am I the only person who thinks that the Russian novelists are largely over-rated?  I guess the characters fit the Hollywood bill of depressed and conflicted . . . but damn.

Offline Annie

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Sharpeshooter
« Reply #171 on: February 19, 2013, 10:07:11 AM »

Hello ... I thought.  The Beeb have done it before,  I watched it.

Then I realised.  They did it in 1972.  I really didn't think it was that long ago, but there you go, time flies.

It must be 30 years or more since I read it so I can't really remember the characters, only that it was long and quite gloomy.  I'm not sure I have the patience to re-read it now.

Offline najinboulder

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Kyle's Kitten
« Reply #172 on: February 19, 2013, 10:42:55 AM »
Personally I think War and Peace has been over done.  It has been a movie 3 time (1956, 1967, 2002) and a TV mini series 4 times (1972, 1991, 2002, 2007).  In my mind none of those versions was all that memorable.  I have my doubts that any director can turn this great novel into a great movie or mini-series.  However if it does get redone I am sure I will watch it, with or without Sean in it.

Offline Annie

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Sharpeshooter
« Reply #173 on: February 19, 2013, 10:50:04 AM »
Just read the BBC blurb.  BBC Wales are doing it - which is good news in a way as they really seem to have taken over as main drama provider. 

The downside is  -they don't like to travel too much.  Watch out for all the Merlin locations in the Brecons popping up again as battlefield sites etc. 

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #174 on: February 19, 2013, 11:26:36 AM »
Well, if they put any effort in to it at all, then it won't be any worse than the recent Anna Karenina remake with Kiera Knightly. That thing was HORRIBLE!

Harmony2012

« Reply #175 on: February 19, 2013, 02:53:28 PM »
I have  a friend who wants to see the Anna Karenia with Kiera Knightly.  I have mentioned there is another that is probably better than that one, but for some reason, she doesn't want to see it. when I mention SB is in the other one, she kind of looks at me with a "he is too old look".  Of course she is only 25 and I am 44.  I have to get her to be on our side with the SB.  (She used to be my vocal student when she was a child - it is really cool to be friends with students that I knew as a child)

Offline najinboulder

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Kyle's Kitten
« Reply #176 on: February 19, 2013, 09:36:48 PM »
Thanks Sable for your input on Anna K, the new one.  I have not seen and wasn't sure I wanted to.  Now for sure I will watch in a year when it is on cable for free and I am sewing or painting so it will be background noise and I will not have to waste time and money on it.

Offline Sylvene

• Divine L&L
  • Mellor's Mistress
  • Once I was young & hot. Now I'm older and better.
    • Words by Sylvene
« Reply #177 on: February 21, 2013, 03:56:00 PM »
Harmony, you just have to let her know when Bean did it. LoL.  When he was young and really, really hot.

Offline Annie

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Sharpeshooter
« Reply #178 on: March 08, 2013, 11:38:46 AM »
Sooo......

The BBC version of Wolf Hall is likely to have Mark Rylance as its lead.  Although not official yet, it's said that he was approached ages ago but turned it down due to other commitments (which do not now exist).   Interesting as I've always considered him much more of a stage actor. 

Unless there are some interesting support characters I suspect our boy won't be getting involved in this one.

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #179 on: March 24, 2013, 03:19:56 AM »
Got this really cute email:

Not sure if you will get this or if it would even be you replying. Sean, big fan of your work. I want you to know that I am in the process of writing a script for a movie solely dedicated to you, where you get revenge on everyone who ever killed you in a movie by killing people in all the ways you ever died in a film to become the sole hero who lives at the end. I think it would be a blockbuster.

Thanks for the heads up, John Pirruccio!