News: Please be patient while modifications are made to the new themes to add in familiar menus and features.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Mirror, Mirror  (Read 65546 times)

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
Re: Mirror, Mirror
« Reply #280 on: May 17, 2012, 10:05:15 AM »

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #281 on: June 26, 2012, 01:14:48 AM »
REVIEW: Mirror Mirror (Blu-ray)

I saw MIRROR MIRROR in a movie theater packed with little girls in the 8-13 year old range. They LOVED this movie with a very vocal passion
While it was mostly written off by critics and adults, they are very clearly not who it was made for.

http://kdvr.com/2012/06/25/review-mirror-mirror-blu-ray/

Offline najinboulder

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Kyle's Kitten
« Reply #282 on: June 26, 2012, 08:38:40 AM »
So I guess I wasn't off base when I told you guys I like the movie.  It was fun if you are in a 13 year old mood, and I was at the time.

Offline Sylvene

• Divine L&L
  • Mellor's Mistress
  • Once I was young & hot. Now I'm older and better.
    • Words by Sylvene
« Reply #283 on: June 26, 2012, 10:37:13 AM »
So I guess I wasn't off base when I told you guys I like the movie.  It was fun if you are in a 13 year old mood, and I was at the time.
:thumbsup:

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #284 on: June 26, 2012, 11:53:40 AM »
Disney was quite clear about who the intended audience was even before they started filming. The critics started in on it simply because of the casting of Julia Roberts, thinking such silly fare was beneath her.  She had a blast doing it as did the rest of the cast if you listen to their interviews.  Sean with that shit-eating grin at the end is more proof that they were simply having a good time. This is the sort of Disney film that becomes a classic and we'll be seeing them re-release over the decades to come.

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #285 on: June 26, 2012, 03:55:23 PM »
If a movie can make me feel like I'm 13 again, I'm all for it!  I haven't seen Mirror Mirror yet, but I'll catch it soon on a cable  movie channel.

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #286 on: January 11, 2013, 12:20:50 AM »

Costume Design Oscar nomination for Eiko Ishioka for Mirror Mirror.

http://oscar.go.com/nominees/costume-design/mirror-mirror

Offline najinboulder

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Kyle's Kitten
« Reply #287 on: January 11, 2013, 07:57:09 AM »
Costume design is for all of the costumes in the movie and not just this one.  The design of this costume isn't bad if the colors were changed, or that is my opinion. With the exception of this one the costume were really nice.  The dwarfs costumes and they way they moved were amazing.  Also the ball gowns and all the other costumes were original.  So yes I think the designer deserves a nomination.  Doubt this will win as Les Mis, Anna K, or Lincoln will probably win.  But definitely Mirror Mirror deserves a nomination.

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #288 on: January 11, 2013, 12:39:12 PM »
I would have loved to have seen his reaction on being shown that particular costume. I'm sure it was unique.

Offline Rebecca

• First Acolyte
  • Sharpe's Siren
« Reply #289 on: September 10, 2016, 10:44:32 AM »
I just now got around to watching this -- because I knew that it was a children's movie and that Sean was only in it for a few minutes, BUT I really liked it! Surprise, surprise. It's entertaining, kooky, and I smiled and truly LOLed all the way through.  The dwarves are great. It's good fun. Sean's costume is godawful, but I guess it was supposed to be.