News: Please refresh your browser on every visit as modifications are implemented relevant to the recent upgrade.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Mirror, Mirror  (Read 65558 times)

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
Re: Snow White
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2011, 11:31:12 AM »
I like it - very fairy-taleish . . . and probably so designed to showcase the dramatic switch from fairy-tale princess to kick-ass leader of rebels.

Can't wait to see what else they have in store, costume-wise.

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2011, 12:51:20 PM »
A side-by-side comparison of Kristen Stewart and Lily Collins in their Snow White roles.

http://www.thehdroom.com/news/Kristen-Stewart-Armored-in-First-Snow-White-and-the-Huntsman-Images/9274

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2011, 01:41:06 PM »
Seriously?  Did they seriously RIP OFF the Tree of Gondor?

wow.  lame.

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2011, 09:19:30 PM »
THAT IS LAME!!!!! I can just see the art directors sitting around a table saying to each other "If we change the Gondor Tree
Logo a little bit NO ONE WILL KNOW!!!

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2011, 09:39:18 PM »
Now about that dress!!!!! She looks like a very stickie, sweet, flowerie, Barbie NIGHTMARE!!!! I am very sure that this will be a doll
that young girls will want. So are the other characters destined to become dolls ( action figures ) as well? If so I'm a little
concerned about how Sean ( the King ) will look. I hope his costume is simple and right for an ALPHA MALE!! :wellll:

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2011, 12:20:46 PM »
Yellow Snow: A Grimm Pissing Match Over Snow White Movies
Which version of Snow White do you prefer in 2012?

http://thefastertimes.com/entertainmentnews/2011/08/01/yellow-snow-a-grimm-pissing-match-over-snow-white-movies/

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2011, 07:36:28 PM »
Why do they make two similar movie about the same subject??? And than they show both at the theatre at the same time!!!
It's so stupid!! Cann't they just wait a year or 2 ?? :slyfox

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2011, 05:48:07 AM »
I don't know if this is true?!!!!!

This is a summary of the characters and comparison to the characters in the rival Snow White project from someone who've read both SW scripts.

The King - SW`s father who took care of SW after her mother died when she was a baby. King is a lady`s man who wanted to find a suitable surrogate mother for hsi daughter and is bewitched by the Queen

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1667353/board/thread/185992762?p=2&d=186127106#186127106

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2011, 11:25:47 AM »
Well...now...hmmmmm...that sounds a bit more promising than the evil-queen-kills-king plot that was first rumoured about. Sounds like we'll be seeing a bit more of King Sean than we thought. How apropos that the king is a ladies man!  Sounds like he'll be doing a lot of green screen and some wire work too.  Hope the old man is up to it.  Sounds like its going to be a PG film, which translates to a bigger audience, whereas the other one will likely be for an older audience. :mutley:

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2011, 11:36:49 AM »
I don't know if this is true?!!!!!

This is a summary of the characters and comparison to the characters in the rival Snow White project from someone who've read both SW scripts.

The King - SW`s father who took care of SW after her mother died when she was a baby. King is a lady`s man who wanted to find a suitable surrogate mother for hsi daughter and is bewitched by the Queen

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1667353/board/thread/185992762?p=2&d=186127106#186127106

HE DOESN'T DIE!  woot!

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2011, 03:36:13 PM »
Here is another post from that same poster, and her description of The Brothers Grimm:Snow White script certainly isn't a complimentary one.

I have just finished reading the script for Brothers Grimm:Snow White. I don`t understand why they call it Brothers Grimm cause Bros are certainly spinning in their graves now. Tons of fart jokes and some trully embarrassing humor (poor Armie Hammer). It started out very well (more Cindarella than SW) in the spirit of Princess Bride but than descended into a complete disaster. I don`t know if they made any re-writes but I`m shocked how appalling the second half of the script is. I can give you details and comparison to SW&TH (some similarities). But overall, SW&TH is much better

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2011, 04:19:29 PM »
I have the distinct impression that the two films are mean for two entirely different audiences and that should be kept in mind when comparing the two films.  In fact, I think it is quite unfair to compare them at all.

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2011, 06:53:03 PM »
I have the distinct impression that the two films are mean for two entirely different audiences and that should be kept in mind when comparing the two films.  In fact, I think it is quite unfair to compare them at all.

Yeah, but it sounds like they're going for juvenile humour of the worst sort (a la Adam Sandler at his worst).  If they turned out something Princess Bride worthy . . . wow.  If not, what a waste of talent.

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2011, 01:25:12 AM »
Another Snow White!

Disney in Talks With Commercial Director Michael Gracey for Its 'Snow White'

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/08/03/idUS84426135920110803

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #54 on: August 04, 2011, 09:55:23 AM »
Another Snow White!

Disney in Talks With Commercial Director Michael Gracey for Its 'Snow White'

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/08/03/idUS84426135920110803

Day late and a dollar short . . . and Disney shouldn't mess with the original.

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #55 on: August 04, 2011, 02:36:56 PM »

It does look like these movies have a different target audience, but does a movie aimed at a younger crowd have to be filled with "fart jokes"?  I would think that there are a lot of younger people who would enjoy a great story with good visuals, without the juvenile humor.  I see that the poster is very prolific on imdb.  I wonder how she (?--the user name sound feminine to me) gets access to these scripts and I also wonder if everything posted is accurate.

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #56 on: August 04, 2011, 02:48:36 PM »
What's next???

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #57 on: August 04, 2011, 04:26:08 PM »
What's next???

Now, there's an interesting premise for a Snow White film. 
 :rofl

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #58 on: August 04, 2011, 04:46:08 PM »
What's next???

Now, there's an interesting premise for a Snow White film.  
 :rofl

Oh, hell yeah!  Instead of playing the King and Queen, Sean and Julia should be Prince Charming and Snow White - middle-aged, a bit thicker 'round the middle, thinning hair, the works.

SW hits menopause, all hell breaks loose at home, and Prince Charming starts spending more and more time in the forest with the dwarves - brewing craft beer and reading lad's mags.  He decides to organize a footie team and recruits the dwarves, the huntsman, the castle bellringer - who is 102 but can still head a ball like a rocket - and the backstairs maid who is six feet tall and weighs 13 stone.  The Prince is captain of course.  And gaffer.  And he'd play except for a gimpy knee caused by a childhood run-in with the castle door . . . so he's one short.  

What's a Prince to do?  He can't recruit his only child, a whiny brat of a boy with persistent hayfever and an alarming addiction to staring at himself in his grandmother's mirror, because the kid wouldn't know which side of the football to kick and wouldn't anyway because sweating would mess up his hair.

While SW suffers the 'change' (her story will have to follow as soon as I figure that part out), the film traces the Prince's desperate search for one more player to complete his team in time for the All-Storyland Championship Playoffs.

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #59 on: August 04, 2011, 04:49:51 PM »
Lighty, you've done it again!!!!  Get to writing that script!!!!!!!!!!