News: Please refresh your browser on every visit as modifications are implemented relevant to the recent upgrade.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Mirror Mirror trailer  (Read 1555 times)

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
Mirror Mirror trailer
« on: November 15, 2011, 04:31:02 PM »

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
Re: Mirror Mirror trailer
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 05:12:08 PM »
Damn, they've taken it down.  Did anyone manage to grab it?

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 08:44:57 PM »
Here's a link - unashamedly stolen from FB!

http://www.slashfilm.com/mirror-mirror-trailer-debuts-ellen/#more-115912

It's - um - different.  Didn't see Sean, but there was a brief flash of yellow early on that might have been him (or not . . .)

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 12:26:35 AM »
Didn't see Sean, but there was a brief flash of yellow early on that might have been him (or not . . .)

Nope,didn't see him either!

Mirror Mirror trailer on YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpLVO396eHs
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 11:12:10 PM by patch »

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, 03:26:39 PM »
It doesn't look as juvenile as first reported  (full of fart jokes) but it's not the type of movie that I usually associate with Sean.  It's disappointing that there is no glimpse of him at all in that trailer.

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2011, 06:02:05 PM »
It doesn't look as juvenile as first reported  (full of fart jokes) but it's not the type of movie that I usually associate with Sean.  It's disappointing that there is no glimpse of him at all in that trailer.

Given the mixed reviews of the trailer, not seeing a lot of him might not be a bad thing!

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2011, 08:28:39 PM »
I think one of the problems is that this is a pure Disney film.  Not just a Disney-backed film.  It's intended audience is not what you would expect for a Julia Roberts film.  I can't recall her ever playing anything like this.  Its certainly a vehicle for her to stretch her comedic chops and get away from romcoms and heavy dramas. The trailer takes on a different air when viewed with that in mind.

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2011, 09:34:08 PM »
I think one of the problems is that this is a pure Disney film.  Not just a Disney-backed film.  It's intended audience is not what you would expect for a Julia Roberts film.  I can't recall her ever playing anything like this.  Its certainly a vehicle for her to stretch her comedic chops and get away from romcoms and heavy dramas. The trailer takes on a different air when viewed with that in mind.

I liked it, overall - thought some of the lines were lame, like the comment I now can't recall that Roberts said to Lane - praising him in a very backhanded way.  It was one quip too many.  Not horrible, just too much for the moment.  I'm not sure how I feel about SW going all kick-ass, either - but it may be done in a funny enough way to work.  It's different and I have no issue with it.  I certainly like it better than the other one, which is just a tired rehash of every other spooky, '20-somethings save the world' flick out there.

Apparently, though, there are some folks who find it too much to bear.  Guess how well it does depends on how well they pull off the entire film.  They certainly have the costumes and sets - loved seeing that!

And whatever the extent of Sean's role, it won't be enough to hurt him if the thing flops.