News: Please refresh your browser on every visit as modifications are implemented relevant to the recent upgrade.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Soldiers of Fortune photocall Moscow  (Read 21539 times)

Offline najinboulder

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Kyle's Kitten
Re: Soldiers of Fortune photocall Moscow
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2012, 07:33:43 AM »
I am thinking Sable is right.  He is doing it on purpose kind of thumbing his nose at critics and the whole premiere process.

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2012, 08:06:35 AM »

moonchild

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2012, 11:03:14 AM »
I'm not sure what to think about it. The shirt and jacket look too small, which might mean he's in denial over his current size. Could this jacket be fallout from his role as Tracey?

Offline najinboulder

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Kyle's Kitten
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2012, 11:14:16 AM »
I see that jacket and think of the disco era.  Can't you just see him in the John Travolta white disco outfit... :mutley:

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2012, 11:50:09 AM »
The jacket is well-constructed, but oddly cut - were he to have buttoned it, it would have been too small, but it is too big in the shoulders and I suspect across the back as well.  The shirt is simply too small; given the out of the package wrinkles, he may have had his assistant pick up something 'fresh' but he/she got the wrong size.  He might have that extra button undone because it would strain too much (even more) across the chest . . . and yes, it's already straining across his newly acquired pudge.

Patch, in the end, I tend to agree with you (at least in regard to the confidence it takes to wear it).  I don't like the combination of light gray knit with the blue/green floral lapels, but the concept is interesting.  Had it been cream or white with the lapels it would have looked much better.  I like the piping detail on the pockets - I like the button loop concept rather than buttonholes - I even like the lime-green lining . . .

But the light gray body of the jacket combined with the dark gray shirt (wrong color completely, though he was probably at a loss as to what to pair with the jacket) just doesn't work.  I tried picturing it with a white or very light green shirt and it looks better (in my head, anyway) . . .

Nothing, however, is going to improve his hair in those pictures.  If he's growing it for a role, at least keep it washed.  It simply wasn't that warm (or that humid) in Moscow for him to look like he'd been running sprints for an hour before the photocall.

And - back to the necklace - that's not a crucifix after all.  Looks like a koala climbing a tree limb?  A blob of gold?  Any new ideas from those with keener eyes?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 06:22:23 PM by lighty »

Offline Cora

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Ian's Treasure
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2012, 02:28:19 PM »
@lighty

I just enlarged the photo and it is indeed a crucifix. You can see Jesus nailed to the cross at the bottom of the image. There is something else at the top of the cross, though, like a giant leaf or something, I can't make that part out.  :)

Offline purpledaisy

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Rich's Cabin
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2012, 04:22:38 PM »
Ok, maybe I'm crazy but I kinda like it!  I think the jacket is kinda cool but the shirt is way way way too tight.  Also I feel like it doesn't suit him.  He usually looks best in simple things.  You know, it looks like something Mickey Rourke would wear. But it does look like he's having a good time so I guess that's all that really matters.  Confidence rocks!  :thumbsup:

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady

Offline Xenia

• The Powder Room
  • Ian's Treasure
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2012, 03:03:47 AM »
In this jacket his's a real allian in Russia.All foreigners always buy in Moscow shawls from Pavlov Posad in which flowers are the main theme and its a part of clothes both for women and men.Sometimes those shawls are taken as a material for dresses and as elements for trimmings.I see Sean is not a exception Well prepared for a journey :welcome:

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2012, 04:55:39 AM »
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 04:59:24 AM by patch »

Offline najinboulder

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Kyle's Kitten
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2012, 09:15:34 AM »
Why couldn't he have changed into a suit like Christian Slater?   :thump

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2012, 09:38:36 AM »
Why couldn't he have changed into a suit like Christian Slater?   :thump

Because he's Sean Bean and I (we) love him for it!?

« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 09:47:50 AM by patch »

Offline purpledaisy

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Rich's Cabin
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2012, 06:53:05 PM »
I completely agree with you Patch!  And the more I see it the more I like it.  THe only real problem was the shirt being too small.  Other than that I think he looks really cool.

Offline Cora

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Ian's Treasure
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2012, 09:58:31 PM »
I have to agree with lighty, I wish he would have washed his hair.

I also don’t understand why he literally pulled his shirt straight out of the package and put it on. LOL!
He had time to go shopping, but no time to ask someone to iron his shirt? (which only takes a couple of minutes).

I don’t know, this whole thing makes me chuckle. At first I couldn’t understand why he was wearing sunglasses indoors (footage of the red carpet of sorts was inside). But there is a close-up of him when he finally took them off indoors and his eyes looked pretty red. Maybe he was just really tired and spent, hence the last minute chaos over what to wear.

I do have to admit he looks very cheerful in the photos and seemed to be very sweet to everyone in the videos. In the end, his charm saved the day! He's a lovely man no matter what he's wearing.

Offline Blue Jay

• The High Priestess
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2012, 07:34:49 AM »
Actually, I know only one man who knows how to choose his clothes properly.

Offline najinboulder

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Kyle's Kitten
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2012, 09:20:16 AM »
The jacket does look better with the darker shirt, that seems to fit a little better.  But I still think Christian Slater is better dressed in these shots.

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2012, 03:57:15 PM »
Actually, I know only one man who knows how to choose his clothes properly.

Who would that be, Blue Jay?

Offline galamb

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2012, 08:22:19 AM »
I like the jacket, nice, why not but his hair... and also christian slater, I like him