News: Please refresh your browser on every visit as modifications are implemented relevant to the recent upgrade.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 'Scorched Earth'  (Read 11724 times)

Offline lab183

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Merrick's Clone
  • Life is a song, love is the music
Re: 'Scorched Earth'
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2016, 05:48:14 PM »
THRILLER: A SCORCHED EARTH With Sean Bean To Film in Vancouver

Sean Bean as a bounty hunter in a post-environmental-collapse scorched Earth. Billions have died but the survivors have rudimentary laws. Count me in for this Mad Max-esque thriller.

Bounty hunter Atticus Gage embarks on his biggest bounty hunt ever in the Badlands. Brad Turner directs A Scorched Earth based on a screenplay by Bobby Mort and Kevin Leeson.

A Scorched Earth is expected to film in metro Vancouver from February 8th to March 7th (dates subject to change), according to the Directors Guild of Canada – BC production list. 

In the interview with Huffpost Live back in 2014 while he was promoting the 1st season of Legends, he mentioned he wanted to play a real cowboy and he even mentioned that he and Brad Turner were working on putting something together...hmmm...I did love him in his cowboy hat in "The Big Empty" ... I really liked that movie. I thought it was pretty cool and his Yorkshire accented Cowboy just made it even more quirky/cool.

However, I really think this is the wrong direction to go ...do we really need another apocalypse movie? Another version of Mad Maxx? Why is he doing this? BEAN There DONE that. This is why Legends failed...it's OLD...it's been done to death. His talent will be much better showcased in something FRESH and new.  Speaking of fresh and new...anyone excited about Viggo Mortensen's "Captain Fantastic"? I know I am! Sean could have done Viggo's role too. Just saying.

Offline Rebecca

• First Acolyte
  • Sharpe's Siren
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2016, 02:12:54 AM »

Brad Turner directs A Scorched Earth based on a screenplay by Bobby Mort and Kevin Leeson.

http://yvrshoots.com/2016/01/thriller-a-scorched-earth-with-sean-bean-to-film-in-vancouver.html#.VqaHC_32Z9C

http://www.dgc.ca/bc/production_list/Production%20List.pdf

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2392748/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

The dgc site and the imdb site both say the director is somebody else. Where did he get the name of Brad Turner, I wonder?

However, I really think this is the wrong direction to go ...do we really need another apocalypse movie? Another version of Mad Maxx? Why is he doing this? BEAN There DONE that. .. His talent will be much better showcased in something FRESH and new. 

I guess it's a matter of what he's offered. He can choose  the best from what he's offered, or choose to do nothing, which he doesn't seem to like to do.

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2016, 02:24:03 AM »
The dgc site and the imdb site both say the director is somebody else. Where did he get the name of Brad Turner, I wonder?

Brad Turner of television's "24" will make his feature debut directing the post-apocalyptic action film.
TORONTO  - Sean Bean is attached to star in Scorched Earth, a post-apocalyptic action film from Emmy-award winning television director Brad Turner (24).
 The screenplay to Scorched Earth, from writers Bobby Mort and Kevin Leeson, sets the action in the future after an environmental disaster which left billions dead and turned the planet into a ravaged wasteland. Bean will play Atticus Gage, a bounty hunter, who receives the bounty of a lifetime to track the world's most wanted criminal in these devastated badlands.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/toronto-2012-sean-bean-star-scorched-earth-368894

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/afm-2012-entertainment-one-grabs-385333

« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 02:27:05 AM by patch »

Offline Rebecca

• First Acolyte
  • Sharpe's Siren
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2016, 02:29:07 AM »
Ah, okay, but that's three years ago...  wouldn't the dgc be more accurate?

Offline lab183

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Merrick's Clone
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2016, 08:31:21 AM »
I do want to change one thing I said in my previous post/rant. Legends was not a failure in the sense that it wasn't well done. Because it was very well done, especially season 2. The "new" part of it was the main character being able to take on so many different "Legends". And Sean succeeded with that and then some! Everyone in Hollywood should be looking at him with different eyes after his brilliant performances in both  "Legends" and in "The Accused".

So, I just feel that going back to the action hero genre is exactly that - a step backwards and that just makes my heart ache because he has worked so damned hard. His accents are amazing and not too long ago, they were his biggest weakness. He really just dives into his roles now, full throttle and when he does, we are just completely all in it with him! I love it when people say, "yeah Sean Bean was in that, but he wasn't acting, he was just being Sean Bean." To me, that is the greatest compliment...you don't see him acting...he becomes the character.  :heart

Offline lab183

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Merrick's Clone
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2016, 08:39:47 AM »

Brad Turner directs A Scorched Earth based on a screenplay by Bobby Mort and Kevin Leeson.
http://yvrshoots.com/2016/01/thriller-a-scorched-earth-with-sean-bean-to-film-in-vancouver.html#.VqaHC_32Z9C
http://www.dgc.ca/bc/production_list/Production%20List.pdf

I wonder if they will get Keifer Sutherland to play the villain. And if they do, all the publicity will be centered on Keifer. Sigh!  :frustrate:

Offline crossing-sweeper

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Merrick's Clone
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2016, 08:56:09 AM »
Scorched Earth has the doomy ring of a formulaic Z-list movie to me.

Either Sean simply says "yes" to everything he's offered or he makes bad choices or he chooses easy projects that pay lots and are over quickly. Whichever it is, he's swiftly becoming associated with either cameo roles (as in The Martian) or leading ones in poor quality dramas (or "also-ran" types that don't get high ratings, like Legends) and that's a damn shame.

I'm hoping that the Frankenstein Chronicles might put him back on British television is some good dramatic character roles. Or even some Shakespeare - a lot of that going on here at the moment. But of course, they will not pay as well.

Offline lab183

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Merrick's Clone
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2016, 10:30:29 AM »
Scorched Earth has the doomy ring of a formulaic Z-list movie to me.

Either Sean simply says "yes" to everything he's offered or he makes bad choices or he chooses easy projects that pay lots and are over quickly. Whichever it is, he's swiftly becoming associated with either cameo roles (as in The Martian) or leading ones in poor quality dramas (or "also-ran" types that don't get high ratings, like Legends) and that's a damn shame.

I'm hoping that the Frankenstein Chronicles might put him back on British television is some good dramatic character roles. Or even some Shakespeare - a lot of that going on here at the moment. But of course, they will not pay as well.

I clicked on one of the links - it looks like it's a direct to the home video market or Canadian TV. And I agree, crossing sweeper that the Frankenstein Chronicles was perfect in every way for him. It's a fresh and new and thought provoking piece! Why not more of this?! And obviously "Enemy of Man" has been postponed indefinitely...so no help there. He needs to curtail his workaholic tendencies and wait a little longer for the quality roles so that he is AVAILABLE to accept them! UGH!

Offline crossing-sweeper

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Merrick's Clone
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2016, 11:56:45 AM »
Yes, workaholicism is a form of laziness in a way isn't it? It so often involves arranging your life so that you don't have time to really think about what you're doing. It is a kind of fear.

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2016, 12:46:25 PM »
Gina Carano, John Hannah Join Indie Thriller 'Scorched Earth'

No mention of Sean.

Peter Howitt directs the apocalyptic action pic from Brightlight Pictures and Lighthouse Pictures.

Gina Carano and John Hannah have boarded the apocalyptic action pic Scorched Earth, now shooting in Vancouver for Brightlight Pictures and Lighthouse Pictures.

The indie portrays a planet that has re-established society generations after an environmental collapse killed billions of people. Deadpool star Carano plays the role of Gage, a bounty hunter who learns that there might be more to life than just survival.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/gina-carano-john-hannah-join-864246

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2016, 08:17:06 AM »
Hollywood North: Deadpool's Gina Carano returns to Vancouver for Scorched Earth

Gina Carano, the cage fighter turned action star who is currently co-starring as the villain Angel Dust in the Vancouver-shot Deadpool with Ryan Reynolds, will try her hand as a hero in Scorched Earth, an action film that began production in Vancouver this week.

Carano stars as a bounty hunter named Gage who tracks down criminals in a post-apocalyptic Earth.

The script has been around for a few years and was being pitched at the Toronto International Film Festival in 2012 with Sean Bean (Game of Thrones, Lord of the Rings) originally tabbed to play Gage.

Obviously, there have been some re-writes since then.

Vancouver producer Kevin Leeson, who co-penned the screenplay with The Daily Show writer Bobby Mort, says landing Carano on the heels of her Deadpool role is a major coup for his indie production.

http://www.vancouversun.com/entertainment/movie-guide/hollywood+north+deadpool+gina+carano+returns+vancouver+scorched+earth/11716294/story.html

Offline lab183

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Merrick's Clone
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2016, 11:51:06 AM »
Thank the Universe! No Sean in this dreadful, straight to video - never to be seen or heard by anyone movie!!!