News: Please refresh your browser on every visit as modifications are implemented relevant to the recent upgrade.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Legends: Starring role in series pilot for TNT  (Read 231550 times)

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
Legends: Starring role in series pilot for TNT
« on: December 04, 2012, 10:26:19 PM »
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/game-thrones-sean-bean-tnt-legends-howard-gordon-homeland-397886

The former Game of Thrones hand of the king Lord Eddard "Ned" Stark has been tapped to replace Brendan Fraser in the TNT drama pilot Legends, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
Re: Legends: Starring role in series pilot for TNT
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 11:17:24 PM »
 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :hellyeah2:

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 11:23:07 PM »
 :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars: :dancedance: :hellyeah2:

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 12:02:39 AM »
Hang on, hang on . . .

TNT?  That's an American network.

And can we please discuss (seriously) - "deep cover operative who can transform himself into a different person for each job"?

I adore him, I really do - but he is definitely accent challenged and it seems to me that the process of "transformation" would need to include a pretty wide variety of accents.

He's gotten slammed quite a few times for attempted American accents - I'd hate to see him face the slings and arrows of American TV audiences.  He got away with it for Missing (though it was pointed out), but I think the primary reason (in my humble opinion) was because Ashley Judd was so dire that she distracted the critics - and because his acting carried him for the character he played.

ON EDIT:  Okay - just read a summary of the book this is based on and if they follow that plot, he'll be okay, I think.  It sounds pretty interesting.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 12:31:08 AM by lighty »

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 12:04:37 AM »
Sean Bean to star in TNT's 'Legends'

"Game of Thrones" vet Sean Bean has stepped up to topline TNT pilot "Legends," replacing Brendan Fraser.
Fraser exited the project about a month ago after he and showrunner Howard Gordon had a difference of opinion as to how lead character Martin Odum should be portrayed.

"Legends," from Fox 21, is based on the novel by Robert Littell that follows an undercover operative with the chameleon-like ability to turn himself into a different person for each assignment.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118063104?refCatId=14

Book review 'Legends'-Robert Littell

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/08/21/books/review/21GORDONL.html

Offline najinboulder

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Kyle's Kitten
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2012, 08:31:59 AM »
 :snoopy: Yippee  I look forward to seeing Sean on a weekly basis, just never thought of him as a weekly series actor.  Hope this show lasts more than a one season.

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2012, 04:00:41 PM »
It will be very nice to see Sean on a weekly basis again.  That's 3 years in a row for tv series work.  Hopefully this will be a good show with quality writing and production.

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2012, 06:29:06 PM »
I think I'm getting to the point where I'd rather see him in some lame sitcom rather than the sludge he's been attached to recently, ie: 4th Reich, Scorched Earth. So the premise of this show is somewhat of a step up. Lets face it, folks, unless its Showtime or HBO there really is a lot of crap being produced for mainstream telly these days. TNT isn't exactly AMC either, or else he'd likely be stepping in to something requiring real acting chops like Walking Dead. How funny is it that a lot of people have no clue that two of the key players on that show are Brits! Perhaps having to step in to different shoes each week will let him stretch his acting chops for an American audience and will will help his marketability in the US in the long run. There's certainly an awful lot of Brits turning up over here these days in shows that I'm enjoying. Not sure I want to see James Purefoy as a psychopathic serial killer, tho.

Offline Bethany2

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Ian's Treasure
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2012, 07:48:02 PM »
IThere's certainly an awful lot of Brits turning up over here these days in shows that I'm enjoying.

This could mean a shift in Residence to the USA and maybe for a long time.
You lucky people

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2012, 08:34:37 PM »
Somehow, I doubt it, given his loathing for Hollyweird. He'll set up shop at a posh hotel for the periods required, but I have a feeling the majority of filming will happen up in Vancouver, since its cheaper for the lower budget networks like TNT. I also expect that the show, with its spy theme, will do quite a bit of location filming.

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2012, 08:56:58 PM »
The book is based largely in post -Soviet Russia, so locations with vast areas, snow, trees are sure to figure in it.  Canada seems to fit the bill, unless they have the budget to actually go to Russia/Ukraine/etc.

Offline najinboulder

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Kyle's Kitten
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2012, 07:42:05 AM »
Hard to say but Vancouver is a location that is used by a lot US TV shows.  I can't see Sean leaving England.

Offline galamb

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2012, 08:49:55 AM »
I've also received this new

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2012, 02:06:06 PM »

Amber Valletta, Rob Mayes & Tina Majorino Cast In TNT Pilot ‘Legends’

Valletta will play Martin’s ex-wife and mother to preteen Aiden (Jardine),

http://www.deadline.com/2012/12/amber-valletta-rob-mayers-tina-majorino-cast-in-tnt-pilot-legends/

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2012, 03:38:41 AM »
Tweet from a london taxi driver.

had Sean bean in yesterday..said he's off to Los Angeles to do a show called legends... nice fella

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2012, 09:39:52 AM »
Wonder if they'll book him into the Four Seasons . . . :evillaugh

Offline Blue Jay

• The High Priestess
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2012, 11:55:25 AM »
 :mean:  Bad Lighty!

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2012, 12:18:56 PM »
 :mutley:

Offline najinboulder

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Kyle's Kitten
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2012, 03:16:23 PM »
 :catlaff

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2012, 08:50:54 PM »
LA !!!!! LA!!!! Our SEAN'S coming to LA !!!!! Please let me know where and I'll be there !!!!! NO school next week so this would
be a GREAT TIME to see our lad !!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :hellyeah2: