News: Please refresh your browser on every visit as modifications are implemented relevant to the recent upgrade.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The Untamed: A Sinner's Prayer  (Read 4945 times)

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
The Untamed: A Sinner's Prayer
« on: March 09, 2015, 06:10:08 PM »
Stranger Comics Prepares Joint Graphic Novel, Animation Debut For Sean Bean-Voiced "The Untamed"

A long road comes to its end this year for comics development house Stranger Comics as the company preps a graphic novel release and plans for an animated series for Sebastian Jones' "The Untamed."

Originally announced in 2010, the story from the writer and "Baltimore" comic artist Peter Bergting recently achieved printing funding via a still-active Kickstarter campaign. But alongside the print release, the company has debuted an animatic trailer for a planned full adaption from "Watchmen" producer Lloyd Levin and former BOOM! Studios executive Andrew Cosby.

Created by veteran animation company Film Roman and "Ultimate Spider-Man" director Alex Soto, the test animation offers a look at how a final animated project would feel in tone and features voice over work from "Lord of the Rings" and "Game of Thrones" star Sean Bean and art by comics vet Tomm Coker:

Of course, the comic is expected to arrive before an animated project can be fully launched. From company President Jones, Bergting and Stranger Comics' Art Director Darrell May, "The Untamed: A Sinner's Prayer" tells the story of a mysterious stranger who is returned from Hell for a chance at avenging his murdered wife and son by capturing seven lost souls in a world the publisher describes as a "Frazetta Western
Check out new concept art of the character below by the likes of Bergting, Hyoung Taek Nam, Sheldon Mitchell and James C Webster

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/stranger-comics-prepares-joint-graphic-novel-animation-debut-for-sean-bean-voiced-the-untamed

Sean Bean Is 'back From The Dead' In The Untamed

“I was given a second chance in death. Vengeance was offered, and I was quick to accept.”Based on the Graphic Novel, Stranger Comics has posted a pitch animatic done by Film Roman (The Simpsons, Hellboy Animated) for THE UNTAMED Animated TV series. The piece is not final animation, but a rough sketch which gives an idea of the cinematic mood that the series will have and it features voiceover by actor Sean Bean (Game of Thrones, Lord of the Rings). 
http://www.wopular.com/sean-bean-back-dead-untamed

« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 06:27:53 PM by patch »

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
Re: The Untamed: A Sinner's Prayer
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 09:38:39 PM »
I like the drawing of Sean, he totally looks like NED !!! So I think the name of this TV show should be
NED'S REVENGE !!!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :hellyeah2:

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 12:35:52 AM »
  Fans of Lord of the Rings and Game of Thrones will recognize Sean from his roles in those projects, and likely remember him for his early exits. “That’s what everyone says about Sean,” said Jones. “He always dies in brilliant fashion. Well, in our story, he gets a chance to come back to settle the score.”

The graphic novel, which was illustrated by Bergting in conjunction with Stranger art director Darrell May (Dusu, Pinata), will be released in an oversized hardcover edition later this year, but an exclusive, limited edition hardcover is available early to backers of a Kickstarter campaign the company is running.
http://bit.ly/UntamedKS
http://comicbastards.com/comics/sean-bean-on-the-untamed/

About this project

UPDATE 5: SEAN BEAN, TV, AND SOME NEW ART!

Exciting news! We can finally tell you that Sean Bean is involved in our animated TV show that's in development at Film Roman! Here's a pitch animatic they did to send around to the networks. It's not finished animation, but a rough sketch that gives you an idea of the cinematic mood that the series will have, and with narration by the man who dies in everything, the man we're bringing back to have his revenge... Sean Bean!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1182319554/the-untamed-a-sinners-prayer-hardcover-graphic-nov

Offline Karrie A

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Rich's Cabin
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 01:17:07 AM »
This gives me such a good feeling! As dark as it sounds, I'm smiling as I think about it.

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2015, 12:01:28 PM »
His voice is so wonderful in this narration !! Another TV show this is AMAZING !! I bet Sean's happy about this job. He can just sit around in his boxers, eat and not comb his hair and still get this project done !!

:mutley: :mutley: :mutley: :mutley:

Offline SMcFirefly

• Ian's Treasure
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2015, 03:12:40 PM »
This is amazing! Sean Bean's television presence since Game of Thrones has been just as big if not bigger than his Movie presence.

So excited for this!

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2015, 06:20:55 AM »
Review: 'The Untamed' by Sebastian A. Jones & Peter Bergting

While we wait for the animated series' release, we can start reading Jones and Bergting's dark fantasy graphic novels. The following is a review of their dark fantasy series. Note that there are some minor spoilers ahead, but I've decided not to reveal the story's biggest surprises

The Untamed centers on a mysterious stranger who has returned from Hell to avenge his murdered son and wife by reaping the seven lost souls in Asunda, a world the publisher describes as "Frazetta Western". Much of the graphic novel is set in the Town of Oasis, which is run by ruthless killers, and described as "a cancer upon the vast and volatile world of Asunda."

The Untamed opens with a prologue in which the Stranger "was trapped in a world absent of color". Jones sets the dark, ghostly, and poetic tone of the graphic novel as he introduces his hell-bent protagonist intimately longing for his wife. His relentless determination to avenge his loved ones' deaths feels raw even though he conceals his bittersweet soul beneath his hooded figure.

From beginning, I was suddenly captivated by the brilliant visuals of award-winning illustrator Peter Bergting. Oasis' dark and gritty Western atmosphere is a blend of macabre beauty that makes this dark fantasy a pleasure to immerse into. With Jones' poetic lines and intriguing dialogues, the story reveals that Oasis itself is a demon rampant with bloodshed and corruption, showing us that hell is on Asunda, dark enough to raise the question, "Are people born into this world with wicked intentions or do we mold them from our fears?".

Untamed has the medieval savagery and sex of Game of Thrones and the testosterone-fueled angst of Frank Miller's 300, but despite its barbaric nature and sinister schemes, love and passion moves the story as they survive beneath the carcass and rubble, enduring the pangs of Hell. Even Jones describes love as a "beautifully cruel religion". It's what makes his characters vulnerable but it's also the source of willpower that motivates them to fearlessly fight, hence "The Untamed".

http://epicstream.com/reviews/Review-The-Untamed-by-Sebastian-A-Jones--Peter-Bergting

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2015, 04:28:36 PM »
This the kind of marketing JUPITER ASCENDING should of had before they made the movie !! :frustrate:

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2015, 12:10:21 AM »
Hi Guys!

I am new to the forum but a huge Sean fan :) So much so I am honored to share some fresh and awesome news!

Sean Bean is “back from the dead” in THE UNTAMED Animated fantasy TV series!  It is set in a world I have spent over 20 years making and based on a Graphic Novel I created with LOTR Swedish cover artist Peter Bergting.  Hope you like and get a chance to check to check out the rough animatic developed at Film Roman and spread the good word... or Sean's good word. His voice-over is amazing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9TT5G0p2gY

All the best,
Sebastian

The Untamed starring Sean Bean - Announcement with Stranger Comics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=av6QEdBzLCg

Pledge $50 or more
“BACK FROM THE DEAD." OUR KICKSTARTER EXCLUSIVE LITHO of SEAN as STRANGER! Everything from the A STRANGER ON TV level PLUS a SIGNED KICKSTARTER EXCLUSIVE 11”x17” LITHOGRAPH by cover artist Hyoung Taek Nam!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1182319554/the-untamed-a-sinners-prayer-hardcover-graphic-nov

« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 12:59:25 AM by patch »

Offline SMcFirefly

• Ian's Treasure
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2016, 11:23:37 PM »
So, is this still happening?