News: Please be patient while modifications are made to the new themes to add in familiar menus and features.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Legends: Starring role in series pilot for TNT  (Read 232004 times)

Offline Cora

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Ian's Treasure
Re: Legends: Starring role in series pilot for TNT
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2012, 12:35:49 AM »
I'll join you, lasue!
I live just south of LA and I'm thinking to myself, "Damn, I wish I knew what part of town he was staying in!" Ha ha!

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2012, 02:58:42 AM »
I'd lay odds that if it isn't the Four Seasons that it is a comparable hotel in the same area. He's a creature of habit and he already knows that area.

Offline Blue Jay

• The High Priestess
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2012, 07:47:37 AM »
Actually, it will no doubt be the Four Seasons.

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2012, 07:33:19 PM »
There's two Four Season's in LA. Is it the one on Doheny Dr. ????? :slyfox

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2012, 11:14:10 PM »
There's two Four Season's in LA. Is it the one on Doheny Dr. ????? :slyfox

Don't know - google Sean Bean and girlfriend in bloody fight at hotel (or similar) and see if you can figure out which one it was at !

Offline najinboulder

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Kyle's Kitten
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2012, 08:36:11 AM »
So any idea how long he will be in LA?  I would expect him to fly home for the holidays.  Jet lag must get to be a real drag for him or any actor flying multiple time zones every week.

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2012, 12:13:36 AM »
Steve Harris To Co-Star In Howard Gordon’s TNT Pilot ‘Legends’

http://www.deadline.com/2012/12/steve-harris-to-co-star-in-howard-gordons-tnt-pilot-legends/

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2012, 12:56:05 AM »
So any idea how long he will be in LA?  I would expect him to fly home for the holidays.  Jet lag must get to be a real drag for him or any actor flying multiple time zones every week.

Thought I read that it didn't start filming till January.

Offline Annie

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Sharpeshooter
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2012, 06:02:14 AM »
Can't imagine them starting a shoot this close to the festive season - the beginning of the year sounds much more likely although I suppose there's always the possibility of a quick visit to sort out costume and the like.

I have sometimes wondered what Sean does during the festive season.  His girls may spend some time with him but they have their mothers as well so they're not going to be with him all the time.  I suppose a visit home to his parents is the obvious choice - otherwise it's a turkey meal for one in front of the TV which is not a pleasant thought.

Offline Cora

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Ian's Treasure
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2012, 06:21:57 AM »
If they don't start shooting the pilot until January, then this is likely just a quick trip to LA to take care of some pre-production business.

As for the Christmas season, I imagine Sean has lots of friends and he has the whole Bean clan to catch up with over the holidays. It's my understanding that he loves Yorkshire so he probably has a wonderful time up there during the holidays.

Offline najinboulder

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Kyle's Kitten
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2012, 08:32:43 AM »
You are right about friends.  Sean seems to be a very personal and outgoing introvert.  Strange combination but it seems to make him very popular with anyone.  I have never seen/heard an interview where someone says anything negative about him.  Even his ex's have some nice things to say about him.  He is just a world class nice guy.

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2012, 11:26:00 AM »
Can't imagine them starting a shoot this close to the festive season - the beginning of the year sounds much more likely although I suppose there's always the possibility of a quick visit to sort out costume and the like.

I have sometimes wondered what Sean does during the festive season.  His girls may spend some time with him but they have their mothers as well so they're not going to be with him all the time.  I suppose a visit home to his parents is the obvious choice - otherwise it's a turkey meal for one in front of the TV which is not a pleasant thought.

He once mentioned cooking the Christmas turkey, so I'd imagine the girls spend some time with him as well as other family and friends.

I have a question for the UK SBOers - when did turkey become the main course of the holiday meal?  I know that the birds are raised there now, but they aren't indigenous to the island so when did this start?  Or am I assuming too much?

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2012, 11:39:27 AM »

I have a question for the UK SBOers - when did turkey become the main course of the holiday meal?  I know that the birds are raised there now, but they aren't indigenous to the island so when did this start?  Or am I assuming too much?

In England, the evolution of the main course into turkey did not take place for years, or even centuries. At first, in medieval England, the main course was either a peacock or a boar, the boar usually the mainstay. The turkey appeared on Christmas tables in England in the 16th century, and popular history tells of King Henry VIII being first English monarch to have turkey for Christmas. The tradition of turkey at Christmas rapidly spread throughout England in the 17th century, and it also became common to serve goose which remained the predominant roast until the Victorian era. (it was quite common for Goose "Clubs" to be set up, allowing working-class families to save up over the year towards a goose before this). A famous Christmas dinner scene appears in Dickens' A Christmas Carol (1843), where Scrooge sends Bob Cratchitt a large turkey

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_dinner
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 11:41:11 AM by patch »

Offline najinboulder

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Kyle's Kitten
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2012, 11:40:28 AM »
So Patch, what is the traditional holiday meal in your country?

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2012, 12:01:28 PM »
So Patch, what is the traditional holiday meal in your country?

I don't think there's a traditional Dutch holiday meal.
Gourmet and Fondue are very populair and easy to prepair.

Sean Bean spy drama 'Legends'

I like the sound of that!!!

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/news/a445963/sean-bean-spy-drama-legends-adds-awake-star-steve-harris.html
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 12:38:38 PM by patch »

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2012, 02:26:52 PM »
Tweet from a london taxi driver.

had Sean bean in yesterday..said he's off to Los Angeles to do a show called legends... nice fella

had Sean bean in the cab..rubbish pic..but a really nice fella

http://twitter.com/londoncabbie1/statuses/281124332028182528

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2012, 09:14:45 PM »
Thank you Patch. I think that these are NEW CLOTHES !!!! I don't remember seeing them before. :mutley:

Offline norskmom

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Ian's Treasure
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2012, 11:58:31 PM »
I recognize that t-shirt. "Hendersons...Strong and Northern! I picked up a few of them for my boys when I went to the Hendersons factory 2 years ago.

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2012, 12:01:57 AM »
I recognize that t-shirt. "Hendersons...Strong and Northern! I picked up a few of them for my boys when I went to the Hendersons factory 2 years ago.

:thumbsup:      :mutley:

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2012, 12:19:38 PM »
Jacket is older - I recall the stripes on the sleeves.  Looks like he's squeezing into it though - must be doing those upper body workouts!

Thanks all for the brief conversation on holiday meals - it was interesting!