News: Please be patient while modifications are made to the new themes to add in familiar menus and features.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Legends: Starring role in series pilot for TNT  (Read 232002 times)

Offline Annie

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Sharpeshooter
Re: Legends: Starring role in series pilot for TNT
« Reply #60 on: December 23, 2012, 05:06:04 PM »
Thanksa for the info Sable. I've never been sure how American TV works.

The fact that the cabbie didn't specify thecompanion as female made me think it was the PA. If it was a female - he/she would have said I'm sure.

For non UK SBO'ers he probably wanted to be home beforfore the weekend due to transport issues. Public transport will start to wind down Monday ealry evening and will cease to exist over Christmas / Boxing day.

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #61 on: December 23, 2012, 10:12:20 PM »
Thank you for the info about TV pilots Sable, I was not aware that filming started in January. So many I will get another chance
to see Sean in LA !!!! :hellyeah2: By the way has anyone read this book ???? Was it good or so so ?????

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #62 on: December 30, 2012, 10:04:03 PM »
OK, I ordered Legends and I should have it in a few day's. I'm almost done with Devil's Peak. So why not get the next possible
movie (TV) project for our lad? Anyway, Sean's hopefully just enjoying his family and friends so things are a little quiet for his fans
right now. Which is a good thing. I just want to hear that he's in LA again and FILMING!!!! Or doing charity work, that would be
GREAT !!!!  :dancingdeer

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #63 on: January 10, 2013, 02:33:21 PM »
Ali Larter Cast As Female Lead In Howard Gordon’s TNT Pilot ‘Legends’

Former Heroes star Ali Larter has been tapped as the female lead opposite Sean Bean in TNT‘s drama pilot Legends
....Larter will play Crystal, an operative with D.C.O. who has a history with Martin and initially objects to his return to the task force

http://www.deadline.com/2013/01/ali-larter-cast-as-female-lead-in-howard-gordons-tnt-pilot-legends/

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2013, 04:00:45 PM »
So far, so good. She's actually a decent actress.

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #65 on: January 11, 2013, 12:36:54 AM »

Tweet from Ali Larter‏
So excited to start shooting #homeland creator @howardmgordon new show #legends! Can't wait to work with that legend,Sean Bean,&Dave Semel!

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #66 on: January 12, 2013, 10:32:52 PM »
I just bought the book yesterday. According to Robert Littell Legends is spy talk (spook talk) for an agent who has so many identites
that he no longer knows who he is. Sounds interesting. :show

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #67 on: January 16, 2013, 12:10:51 AM »
Tweets from the set.
Utkarsh Ambudkar,
For any #gameofthrones fans, it's true, Sean Bean aka Eddard Stark is as cool if not cooler in person. Peed a little. That is all...

First day of shooting on Legends pilot going well. Never done drama before so it's new for me. Did I mention Sean Bean? Color me intimidated

Heather Geisler,
Working with #GameofThrones actor Sean Bean #EdStark today! Crazy
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 09:48:39 AM by patch »

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #68 on: January 17, 2013, 03:42:45 PM »
Utkarsh Ambudkar tweeted a instagram picture of a call sheet with Sean's name at the top.

http://instagram.com/p/UhGhq1sNj8/
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 03:45:29 PM by patch »

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #69 on: January 17, 2013, 05:01:12 PM »
Utkarsh Ambudkar tweeted a instagram picture of a call sheet with Sean's name at the top.

http://instagram.com/p/UhGhq1sNj8/

Ah - too bad for the young man who posted that - it looks like his character was offed in that scene.  The vagaries of Hollyweird.

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #70 on: January 18, 2013, 01:23:30 PM »
Tweet from Ali Larter

Start shooting #Legends Monday and a lingerie scene is first up.nothing like starting your week with dread.

Offline najinboulder

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Kyle's Kitten
« Reply #71 on: January 19, 2013, 10:40:12 AM »
Sable perhaps you know this answer.  This is a TV show, but it is not a network show so the filming schedule and season is different.  They are in LA shooting which means they are not on location, but do the out of town actors like Sean work over the weekend or do they play?  I always assumed they worked but from the look of the tweet they have the weekend off.

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #72 on: January 19, 2013, 08:24:54 PM »
It's GREAT having these almost daily tweets, I don't think this has happened (when Sean been filming) before now. Has it ????
Anyway if Sean is in this scene what will he be wearing or NOT wearing?????? :pant: :thumbsup:

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #73 on: January 20, 2013, 02:39:13 AM »
TNT is a network that is now competing with the big boys. It has its own development department and has been doing series in its own name as well as providing new series for TBS and The Cartoon Network. All of those networks are owned by Ted Turner. TNT concentrates on drama while TBS focuses on lighter fare and comedy. They began airing 3 nights of original programming back in 2009 and have grown ever since. They also have resurrected several series from other networks that had been cancelled. They are the real power behind shows such as The Closer, Saving Grace, Major Crimes, Leverage, Dallas, Monday Mornings, Southland, Perception, Rizzoli and Isles, Chef Wanted, Franklin and Bash and a lot more that would surprise you. They have a bunch more coming up in 2013. Their schedule, while not exactly the same as the other networks still follows a plan that makes them quite competitive. However, they are a lot more flexible, giving way to MLB, NBA, NCAA March Madness, PGA Championships and NASCAR when those sports are in season. The shows generally have smaller budgets to operate on which makes it likely they wouldn't be as quick to pay the higher rates of the union crews for weekends and holidays. Most pilot shooting works the same simply because the series are shot well in advance so as to be trotted out for the networks honchos and for audience testing, so there isn't the pressure to fit the tight schedules that they have once they get greenlit for series production.

Offline najinboulder

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Kyle's Kitten
« Reply #74 on: January 20, 2013, 09:00:05 AM »
Thanks for the info Sable.  I hadn't thought about time and half and double time for the weekends.  You are right, that would get a little expensive.

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #75 on: January 21, 2013, 09:30:06 PM »
Thank you Sable for the info. I should have gone to LA to look for Sean Sunday and not today!! I guess he was working all day, but
today was the only day that I had to look for him. I saw some other actors that I was not familiar with (my son new who they were).
Also saw Michael Caine, but no Sean!!! :frustrate: :frustrate: :frustrate:

Offline galamb

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #76 on: January 22, 2013, 11:33:03 AM »
Michael Caine, a great actor, I love him

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #77 on: January 22, 2013, 01:01:04 PM »
Ali Larter posted a picture of herself from the "Legends" set

http://instagram.com/p/Uy8TUtQa5a/

Offline najinboulder

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Kyle's Kitten
« Reply #78 on: January 22, 2013, 01:14:20 PM »
So what are the navy blue knee pads for?  I will have to watch and see.

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #79 on: January 22, 2013, 01:29:10 PM »
So what are the navy blue knee pads for?  I will have to watch and see.

Given the super fancy shoes, I would think the costume might be evening wear?  If she's wearing a long skirt, and the scene calls for her to duck/dive/run/fall, then they might just afford her knees some protection. 

An alternative would be (trolling into the gutter) a doggie style sex scene on a less-than forgiving surface.  Didn't she comment that she'd be getting naked this week?

I'd rather see her dodging bullets.