News: Please refresh your browser on every visit as modifications are implemented relevant to the recent upgrade.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Legends: Starring role in series pilot for TNT  (Read 232029 times)

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
Re: Legends: Starring role in series pilot for TNT
« Reply #180 on: July 23, 2013, 05:58:54 PM »
They got the series order when they were still putting the finishing touches on the pilot, which caused them to go right in to filming of the remaining 9 episodes. By the time they attended the TNT Upfronts in NYC they had the whole first season in the can. Its set to air in January, 2014.

Offline najinboulder

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Kyle's Kitten
« Reply #181 on: July 23, 2013, 10:51:00 PM »
Thanks for the link beanfan.  I thought they had shot the pilot and were now working on the series.  This article confirms that.  This makes more sense than working on season 2 before season 1 airs. 

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #182 on: July 25, 2013, 02:46:36 PM »
writer/executive producer Howard Gordon talks "Legends

On the long road to Legends, which was originally set up – twice, he said – at NBC. “We went originally with Brendan Frasier attached. This thing has really been a process and in the end we wound up with Sean Bean and with a writing staff that I’m really excited about.”

What is Legends about? “It’s about a guy who’s a deep cover operative for a branch of the FBI which is long-term, deep cover operative. Sean Bean is this guy who is amazing at being other people, not so good about being Martin Odum, himself. Lousy husband, busted marriage, a kid he’s trying to get close to…it turns out he may not even be Martin Odum. So the existential mystery of who he is is something that runs through the show…and we have an astounding cast.

http://www.tvfanatic.com/2013/07/homeland-season-3-scoop-howard-gordon-on-gravitational-pull-of-c/

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #183 on: July 25, 2013, 08:22:29 PM »
I could be wrong, but I don't think existential means what he thinks he means . . .

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #184 on: July 26, 2013, 01:05:15 AM »
More from Howard Gordon about Sean Bean

“He’s electric,” Gordon said of casting Bean as his leading man, Martin Odum, an agent working for the Deep Cover Operations division of the FBI.

“I had been a fan of his for so many years,” Gordon said. “The thing about Sean is he is extraordinary and charismatic and he’s a movie star, but he’s an actor and this part is about being an actor.”

And Gordon praised Bean’s performance in Season 1 of “Thrones.”

“It was transcendent and he has that kind of dignity and that kind of grace and the pathos that I think audiences have connected with and I hope this is a part and a role that really reengages the audiences with him,” Gordon said.
http://www.accesshollywood.com/howard-gordon-talks-homeland-bringing-back-24-and-casting-sean-bean-in-tnts-legends_article_82331

Television Writer/Producer @lizbenjamin
researching govt. mind control experiments can make one paranoid. #JustSaying #Legends

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #185 on: July 26, 2013, 03:02:41 PM »
It's nice to read the producer's praise of Sean.

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #186 on: July 26, 2013, 05:48:47 PM »
...I hope this is a part and a role that really reengages the audiences with him,...
Ummmm, apparently this guy doesn't know Sean's fanbase. Since when has his fanbase ever disengaged with him? Once you see his brilliance on the screen, big or small, you never disengage. You rabidly wait for his next project to come out.

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #187 on: July 26, 2013, 06:30:55 PM »
WELL SAID SABLE !!!! I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU ABOUT SEAN !!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:  :hellyeah2:

Offline najinboulder

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Kyle's Kitten
« Reply #188 on: July 26, 2013, 09:40:13 PM »
Yes the producer doesn't know his fans or Sean's work.  Sean is one of the busiest working lead actors out there. 

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #189 on: August 20, 2013, 12:06:18 AM »
Ali Larter Talks New Roles, First Cookbook

You’re also starring as Crystal Quest in TNT’s upcoming series Legends. How are you preparing for this role?
AL: Howard Gordon has created this show where you get to push yourself as an actor, and it’s going to be so much fun to create different personas; when they go deep cover, they create these identities, and it’s a psychological drama about how you blur the lines between your personal and your professional life, and the psychological toll that takes.
.... Hopefully Legends will be something that audiences connect to and love...

http://michiganavemag.com/personalities/articles/ali-larter-legends-lovesick-kitchen-revelry

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #190 on: August 21, 2013, 02:03:15 PM »
'Legends' star Ali Larter talks tech must-haves and her return to television (Video)

http://www.examiner.com/article/legends-star-ali-larter-talks-tech-must-haves-and-her-return-to-television

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #191 on: September 20, 2013, 07:52:23 AM »
Legends [Paperback] Publication date june 14   Amazone UK release date not yet confirmed.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Legends-Robert-Littell/dp/0715647490/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1379681153&sr=1-1&keywords=Robert+Littell

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #192 on: September 29, 2013, 03:37:39 PM »
Exclusive Interview: Howard Gordon on HOMELAND Season 3

The exec producer teases Season 3, plus talks Sean Bean in the upcoming LEGENDS

What are you making for TNT?

GORDON: LEGENDS, which is not on until a year from now, which is actually a wonderful thing, because we have the time to make it right. It stars Sean Bean as a deep cover operative –

AX: Who lives through the end of first season? People have reason to fear for the longevity of anyone played by Sean Bean.

GORDON: He will live through the end of first season, I hope. He’s basically a deep cover operative for the FBI. His name is Martin Odom, and he’s absolutely the best at being other people and occupying these other identities for long periods of time, with the result that he’s kind of been a shitty husband and a shitty father, his marriage broke up. It turns out that he may not even be Martin Odom. In the pilot, there’s a suggestion that he may not even be who he thinks he is.

AX: So it’s a little bit BOURNE IDENTITY?

GORDON: A little bit BOURNE, a little bit MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE, because there’s a team who support him, and on a weekly basis – a la MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE – they are essentially cons, the way MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE had that contract with the audience, where they were so excited to see how they did what they did. So it’s a team, but it has this underlying existential mystery.

http://www.assignmentx.com/2013/exclusive-interview-howard-gordon-on-homeland-season-3/

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #193 on: September 29, 2013, 06:25:47 PM »
Since the producer added the words "I hope", it doesn't seem positively certain that Sean's character will live through the first season. 

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #194 on: September 30, 2013, 02:04:07 AM »
I seriously doubt he's going to tell you the ending of season 1.

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #195 on: October 05, 2013, 01:01:57 AM »
@lizbenjamin   Television Writer/Producer.
I don't tweet much these days -- which means I'm working on #Legends w/ @HowardMGordon #TNT #ReiffandVoris & #SeanBean 

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #196 on: October 09, 2013, 12:32:14 AM »
Ali Larter @TheRealAliL yesterday
Still thinking about all the exciting storylines that I heard in the #Legends writer's room today ! Can't wait to start shooting .

And from a recent Twitter interview with Ali Larter
Krista Smith ‏@KristaSmith  6u 
.@TheNerdOut asks @TheRealAliL Have u started shooting @LegendsTNT? What can you tell us about the show? #AskAli

Ali Larter
 We start in March.Lots of cool "legends" where I go undercover.Cant wait to work with Sean Bean again.

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #197 on: October 11, 2013, 12:05:42 AM »
@lizbenjamin Television Writer/Producer
There is no BETTER feeling than hitting a deadline and pressing send on the email. #TNT #Legends

Offline lighty

• First Acolyte
  • Loki's Lady
« Reply #198 on: October 11, 2013, 12:31:29 PM »
Since the producer added the words "I hope", it doesn't seem positively certain that Sean's character will live through the first season.

He almost has to - the program's premise is built around the character he plays . . . wait, what am I saying?  Of course they could kill him off . . .

Offline najinboulder

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Kyle's Kitten
« Reply #199 on: October 11, 2013, 01:07:04 PM »
Or they could do what they do in soap operas which have Sean's character have a horrible accident where he has to have his face reconstructed and they would hire another actor to play the part.  Although why they would do that I do not know but hey, writers can do anything.  Remember Dallas where she gets out of the shower and Bobbie is there.  Yes that whole year was just a dream.......................... :evillaugh