News: Please refresh your browser on every visit as modifications are implemented relevant to the recent upgrade.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Jupiter Ascending  (Read 92176 times)

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
Re: Jupiter Ascending
« Reply #200 on: June 04, 2014, 12:18:11 AM »
NO!!!!NO!!!!!NO!!!!!! THEY JUST CHANGED THE DATE OF THE PREMIERE TO FEB 6 2015 !!!!!!! I THINK THAT'S
SUPER BOWL WEEKEND !!!!! :frustrate: :frustrate: :frustrate: :frustrate: :frustrate: :crap :serious

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/wachowskis-jupiter-ascending-abruptly-bumped-709184

Boo.  I hope it is only some additional special effects work - although it is ridiculous that they just can't plan to move it around to another month later.  February is usually the death null time. 

:explode:

‘Jupiter Ascending’ Delayed Until February, 2015
Citing the need to finish extensive special effects, Warner Bros. has delayed the Andy and Lana Wachowski movie “Jupiter Ascending” from July 18 to Feb. 6, 2015.

The decision came less than seven weeks before the sci-fier was due to open. Domestic distribution chief Dan Fellman said that the Wachowskis needed more time to complete their work on more than 2,000 special effects shots in the film.

“With the July release date, they were just not going to make it on time,” he added. “A lot of the issue for us was getting it ready for the international release, since the foreign territories need additional time.”

Fellman also said noted that “Jupiter Ascending” would now open on the same weekend that Warner Bros. used for “The Lego Movie” this year. The exec said that the sci-fier had been shown in rough form at test screenings.

“Jupiter Ascending” will open against Lionsgate’s “Mortdecai,” starring Johnny Depp, and Universal’s “Seventh Son,” starring Jeff Bridges. 
https://variety.com/2014/film/news/jupiter-ascending-delayed-until-february-2015-1201211461/

Offline galamb

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #201 on: June 04, 2014, 11:10:27 AM »
I've just saw it in IMBD

Warner Bros. has delayed the Andy and Lana Wachowski movie “Jupiter Ascending” from July 18 to Feb. 6, 2015.

Channing Tatum, Mila Kunis, Eddie Redmayne, Douglas Booth and Sean Bean are starring. The Wachowskis produced and directed from their own script.

Story, set at a time when humans are at the bottom of the evolutionary ladder, follows a woman targeted for assassination by the queen of the universe.

»

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #202 on: June 05, 2014, 02:44:38 AM »
NO!!!!NO!!!!!NO!!!!!! THEY JUST CHANGED THE DATE OF THE PREMIERE TO FEB 6 2015 !!!!!!! I THINK THAT'S
SUPER BOWL WEEKEND !!!!! :frustrate: :frustrate: :frustrate: :frustrate: :frustrate: :crap :serious

Super Bowl 2015 is February 1
http://phoenix.about.com/od/superbowl/a/Super-Bowl-2015.htm

Jupiter Ascending (2015) : A more reasonable explanation then VFX ...
Mila Kunis is pregnant and expecting soon and wouldn't be able to participate in the marketing push that they had planned for the July 18th Release Date.

Channing Tatum is busy marketing 22 Jump street and again just wouldn't be able to participate in the big marketing push.

Just look at Leonardo Dicaprio and Django Unchained vs Great Gatsby. Originally both we're supposed to open on Christmas but Dicaprio wasn't able to promote Gatsby at the time cuz he was busy promoting Django so Gatsby was moved to May.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1617661/board/thread/230635882

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #203 on: June 06, 2014, 12:11:02 AM »
That does sound more reasonable. Also I'm hearing rumors about some NEW HI-TECH SPECIAL EFFECTS that
will make a movie look totally AMAZING!! However, because it's new there may be some bugs in the system
that are making it harder to use. This would delay the completion date.

:slyfox 

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #204 on: June 07, 2014, 08:02:14 AM »
HQ scans of Total Film magazine. Read their exclusive interview with the cast and producers of Jupiter Ascending below. Warning: Spoiler alerts!

Then Sean Bean sits down and chucks in a curveball… “I play a character called Stinger,” he starts. “I’ve kind of got remnants of bee, or half-bee, but not so bad that I’m flying around with buzzy wings, y’know? “Er, not really… “He’s got special vision, he’s very quick, which helps in combat situations, and bees are very true, very faithful. Stinger is a pretty good guy, a tough guy. He was in the military and he fought with Channing’s character. They fought together. Unfortunately, Caince was in some trouble and I stood up for him, and they removed my wings.” Fair enough. So how does Stinger fit into the unfolding story? “I’m in a shack on a farm on Earth, in exile. Channing comes back to make amends. My first instinct is to want to knock his head off. And i do (laughs). We have a big fight and then we come to some agreement. And that’s when Jupiter turns up, and I recognise her as true royalty, the queen. She can change the world. Stinger’s loyalty from then on is with her.”

I did quite a bit,” adds Bean. “Channing did a hell of a lot, because he was flying around, flipping. He’s very athletic guy – he’s done a lot of dancing, martial arts. I was just running!”

They were like, ‘Trust me, it’ll work in the end’,” explains Bean. “I’ve never seen anyone so immersed in what they’re doing. It’s fantastic visual adventure, astonishing scale, mesmerizing, like being on a trip, but it’s also something where the characters, get to know them, like them. A lot of attention was given towards the drama. It’s not just one-dimensional characters running about shooting each other!”
Tatum, Kunis and Bean all agree there is a sequel potential, though Bean won’t reveal if Stinger will be around to take a part in any ongoing installments (the actor, of course, is famous for his many screen deaths). They might not be exactly sure what Jupiter Ascending is, and the Wachowskis might not be around to ask, but they do know it is the biggest project that any of them have been involved in – some claim, given Kunis did Oz: The Great and Powerful, Tatum the G.I. Joe movies, and Bean The Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring. This is groundbreaking stuff, they pledge, and their excitement is infectious.

http://milakunisweb.org/total-film-scans-interview

« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 12:21:27 AM by patch »

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #205 on: June 09, 2014, 03:36:51 PM »
So Sean's a BEE and NOT a FLYING BLACK LOIN ????  Thank you for the info Patch. It sounds interesting.

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #206 on: June 18, 2014, 03:42:02 AM »
Can Warner Bros. Avoid Another Wachowski Misfire?

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/can-jupiter-ascending-benefit-from-the-gravity-strategy-1201221572/

Warner Bros. stunned Hollywood when it pushed the release of “Jupiter Ascending” by seven months — a move that seemed abrupt, but had been debated by the studio for nearly six weeks as the Channing Tatum-Mila Kunis science-fiction epic’s box office prospects dimmed. Delaying a movie’s release is no easy decision, since it adds millions of dollars in interest and other completion costs to the budget and creates negative buzz that is hard to shake. But it can be even more costly and potentially deadly to roll out such a pricey pic, already laden with a production budget of $175 million, before it’s ready.

The decision to shift the film’s prime July 18 release date to February 2015 was prompted by weak response to a research screening in late April and the fact that the visual effects, on which the futuristic thriller heavily relies, were incomplete.

The “Jupiter” shakeup also casts a shadow on directors Lana and Andy Wachowski, whose past two films, “Cloud Atlas” and “Speed Racer,” wiped out at the box office. “Jupiter” was to mark the siblings’ long-awaited return to the science-fiction genre after their successful run with “The Matrix” movies.

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #207 on: June 27, 2014, 06:07:14 AM »
Jupiter Ascending is featured in the August issue of SFX magazine. Mila, Channing and Sean talk about their characters

http://milakunisweb.org/jupiter-ascending-in-sfx-august-issue/#more-6518

“Stinger was a good friend of Caine’s until he got into trouble,” explains Bean of his character. “I kind of stuck up for him. We got wings, which are precious to us as military fighters, part of our makeup. Once you commit a serious offence your wings are removed. So it was a massive thing. I was exiled to a small place on Earth in the middle of nowhere. My character evolved from the bee. So I have certain attributes, certain skills. The thing with being half bee is his eyes are a thousand times quicker to register. It makes him an excellent fighter… He has lots of bees around him, all over his house. He’s got honeycombs growing everywhere, on his piano. That’s where he feels comfortable, with his family in a sense. He lives a normal life with his daughter, about whom he says (she’s) ‘the only good thing I’ve done. ‘She falls ill, and that’s what makes him think, ‘I better try and get some help for her.’ Because she relies on a special nectar in order to stay alive. So that’s his main concern, the life of his daughter. “Then Caine starts knocking on his door,” says the Sheffield-born actor. “He’s like, ‘I don’t need all this again,’ and they have a big fight. A John Wayne/Quiet Man kind of thing. Because I’ve not forgiven him. I stuck up for him and put my neck on the line for him. He feels guilty about that. I was kind of a mentor, a father figure to him in the military, and I regarded him as the best fighter, the best military fighter who ever lived. He’s an extraordinary talent. That’s how the story starts. He’s forced reluctantly to go back with Caine. Then we meet Jupiter.”

Bean is quick to assure us there’s still plenty of fun to be had. “Near the end we’re in these spaceships, me and Channing. We get into these very fast one-man spaceships that fire away like in Star Wars… That’s exciting. It wasn’t at the time – it was just someone at the studio pushing us, saying ‘Look up there and then look up there.’ But then I saw that particular sequence, and I just thought, ‘Wow, it makes us look amazing. I never thought I’d be flying in a spaceships!’ I’ve never really done a sci-fi film. I did The Island, which was set in the future. But this is total sci-fi. Everything is make-believe or created. Lord Of The Rings was more mythical, with horses and armour and old fables. But this is hard-hitting, and the bits I’ve seen look groundbreaking, like some kind of head trip that takes you into this weird world 

http://milakunisweb.org/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=1410

« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 06:52:50 AM by patch »

Offline najinboulder

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Kyle's Kitten
« Reply #208 on: June 27, 2014, 09:04:31 AM »
This movie is looking better and better.  I hope it will be a box office hit.

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #209 on: June 28, 2014, 03:50:26 AM »
This movie is looking better and better.  I hope it will be a box office hit.

I hope so too!

He has lots of bees around him, all over his house. He’s got honeycombs growing everywhere, on his piano.

So these are Sean's bees

« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 04:01:17 AM by patch »

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #210 on: June 28, 2014, 09:07:29 PM »
So when Sean sees his bee's swarming around Mila Kunis he suddenly realizes that she is the QUEEN. Does
that mean that Kunis is part bee also ????

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #211 on: June 29, 2014, 12:09:18 AM »
Jupiter Ascending Cast Interviewed by Empire Magazine   thanks again to MilaKunisWeb

http://milakunisweb.org/jupiter-ascending-cast-interviewed-by-empire-magazine/

Finally, let us turn to Shefield’s stoic son and unlikely bellwether for modern dealings in things fantastical: Sean Bean. “I don’t know what I can tell you about it, really,“ says the northern actor, who plays a wizened elder by the name of Stinger. “I had a piece of paper here somewhere to remind me what my character was… He’s a sort of old pro, who takes Chaning’s character under his wing. I’m sort of Ben Kenobi. It’s a very interesting concept. Channing’s half-wolf. I’m half-bee.

When the actors initially read for their roles they were presented with a 300-page script, a „Bible“ detailing societal rules and regulations and all the technical whatnots of their latest ‚verse‘. Inevitably, that Bible would get streamlined for filming, but it says much about the intricacy of the Wachowskis‘ world-building that they’ve conceived it down to a genetic level To explain themselves yet further, the Wachowskis also created a 20-minute mini-movie out of previz computer graphics and concept art that would, hopefully, give their cast and crew an idea of what they wanted to achieve. “It was like a syopsis,“ says Bean, appreciative of help. “A shortened version of the script with beginning, a middle and an end. Just so we could comprehend this intense, complex piece of work.“

On a simpler level, allow Sean Bean to give you a reason to keep the faith. “At the end we’re in these space machines,” he says, a man still amazed at the wonders wrought by filmmakers. “These space-rocket fighter things, like little carts. Me and Channing are just sitting in these buckets with two grip handle things, pretending. Lots of, ‘Turn left!’ and ‘I gotyour back!’ I saw the finished thing, and I was like ‘Fooking hell, they made us look unbelievable.”’

http://milakunisweb.org/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=1411

« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 12:13:32 AM by patch »

Offline najinboulder

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Kyle's Kitten
« Reply #212 on: June 29, 2014, 11:25:10 AM »
Was this a spoiler alert and Sean lives?  Interesting he talks about scenes at the end of the movie so at least if he dies, he is around for the whole movie.

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #213 on: June 29, 2014, 03:28:54 PM »
Its planned out to be a trilogy like the Matrix films were. So who knows. They've been keeping details very close.

Offline Karrie A

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Rich's Cabin
« Reply #214 on: July 02, 2014, 12:25:37 AM »
With these filmmakers he could live and die more than once.  I was concerned about his longevity when I saw he was part bee - not a creature known for a long life. A parrot would have given our boy a longer life! :damn:

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #215 on: July 02, 2014, 10:18:19 PM »
I ready love Sean's boyish enthusiasm over this movie. He seems amazed by all the special effects in this film!! He's like a little kid on Christmas day, not the international celebrity that's meet the queen.

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #216 on: July 08, 2014, 12:46:43 PM »
Warner Bros. Entertainment to Deliver Unparalleled Showcase of Upcoming Content to Comic-Con Crowd

On Saturday, July 26th, beginning at 10 a.m., Warner Bros. Pictures brings three of its most hotly anticipated films to this year’s Con: Peter Jackson will be on the main stage with “The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies,” from New Line Cinema and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures, and George Miller will be on hand to present a first look at “Mad Max: Fury Road,” from Warner Bros. Pictures and Village Roadshow Pictures.

The Hall H audience will also get a peek at the Wachowskis’ original sci-fi actioner “Jupiter Ascending,” also from Warner Bros. Pictures and Village Roadshow Pictures. Attending stars will be revealed at a later date. 

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20140708006400/en/Warner-Bros.-Entertainment-Deliver-Unparalleled-Showcase-Upcoming#.U7wtKcKKCzk

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #217 on: July 23, 2014, 05:38:04 AM »
Jupiter Ascending at Comic Con 2014

Saturday, July 26 • 10:00am - 12:00pm

Warner Bros. returns to Hall H with a look at three upcoming movies:

Jupiter Ascending -The first original science fiction film from filmmakers Lana and Andy Wachowski since their game-changing "Matrix" trilogy ......
http://www.comic-con.org/cci/saturday

« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 09:22:00 AM by patch »

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #218 on: July 26, 2014, 09:24:03 AM »

‘Jupiter Ascending’ Footage Features Shiny Explosions and Weird Romance [Comic-Con 2014]

The Jupiter Ascending footage shown at Comic-Con was essentially an extended trailer. We open on Mila Kunis, as Jupiter Jones, waking up disoriented and asking, “Where am I?” Caine — the alien wolf-man hybrid played by Tatum — responds that they’re still in Chicago, but it’s clear that they’re in the middle of a crazy situation.

Caine explains that Earthlings aren’t the only life in this universe “with more planets than you can count” and we launch into a montage of high-speed chases and shiny explosions across the Chicago night sky. The action looked crisp, colorful, and energetic — think of the Somni sequences in the Wachowskis’ Cloud Atlas.

Eventually we get to a scene of Jupiter in a field, looking skeptical. “Space cop. Sure,” she says. In a different scene, Sean Bean explains that not only are humans not alone, Earth isn’t even the birthplace of the human race. Other factions want Jupiter dead so they can take control. She insists “I’m nobody” but they point out that her enemies aren’t sending assassins after her because she’s nobody.
We got to see some of the other, non-Earthling inhabitants of the Jupiter Ascending universe including small, lanky creatures with horse-like legs and tall lizard men. We got to see the Queen, of whom Jupiter is a clone. “Your majesty, your life is about to change if you want it to,” someone tells Jupiter.

Then we got to a weird romantic scene. “Your majesty, I have more in common with a dog than I do with you,” Caine says. Jupiter responds, “I love dogs, I’ve always loved dogs.” Then they start making out. Like I said: weird. But we don’t dwell on that too long — the montage cuts to more action, and then the trailer is over.

All in all, the Jupiter Ascending footage lived up to the promise Tatum made us at the beginning of the panel. “[The Wachowskis are] absolutely out of their minds,” he said. “We tried to do something different, something you’ve never seen before.”

http://www.slashfilm.com/jupiter-ascending-comic-con-2014/

« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 01:27:58 PM by patch »

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #219 on: July 26, 2014, 01:47:23 PM »
This movie sounds like it might be very strange, and probably isn't the type of movie that I usually go for, but I'm still excited to see it. It should be interesting.