News: Please be patient while modifications are made to the new themes to add in familiar menus and features.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Enemy of Man  (Read 68833 times)

Offline lulu

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Ian's Treasure
Re: Enemy of Man
« Reply #160 on: August 07, 2014, 03:02:40 AM »
Looking forward to the update on this

october

« Reply #161 on: August 15, 2014, 09:26:21 PM »
yes, i`m also looking very much forward to this  :hellyeah2:

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #162 on: August 21, 2014, 07:36:27 AM »
Update #21 ℹ

In the loop...

To all our Kickstarter supporters.

A massive apology for going quiet on you and not keeping you all in the loop. We are hard and work trying to get the finance into place to shoot our feature of Enemy of Man but due to circumstances outside of our control it has been proving difficult.

However, with that said, I am now more confident that we'll have our finance in place very soon with a view to commence the shoot at the beginning of next year.

Your Kickstarter money is being put to good use on pre-production elements including location scouting and development of the design for the film. We are all very excited about the look of the film and will post some photos from the location scout on our web page shortly. We are also well under way with your Kickstarter rewards.

We are finalising the music before sending you out the Instruments of Darkness short film. This in turn will be followed up by posters, T- Shirts etc. The bigger rewards, pieces of armour, set visits, of course, will have to wait till we are in production. I completely understand how frustrating it must be waiting for your rewards and to get a chance to see the short film and, off course, the main feature itself, we share your frustration. We are fighting hard to raise the finance, for a film the industry finds hard to categorise, but we are getting there. We have also had to focus on the 'day jobs' to keep the food on the table so thanks once again for your patience.

You all, no doubt have heard about the death of Dave Legeno. A good friend and great actor. His work on Instruments of Darkness is a fitting testament to a man who will be sorely missed. We dedicate Enemy of Man to him.

Although a slow process, please do bear with us we are getting ever closer to making Enemy of Man a reality and something we will all be very proud to have been a part off.

Thanks again for your continued patience, Vincent and the team.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 05:03:55 AM by patch »

Offline Waverunner

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Beanstalker
« Reply #163 on: August 21, 2014, 09:01:06 AM »
"Update #21 ℹ

In the loop... "

Thanks for the latest update Patch - you are the best :thumbsup:

Amber

« Reply #164 on: August 21, 2014, 07:34:33 PM »
I'm so pleased to hear that "Enemy of Man" might actually get made as I'd pretty much given up hope on it thinking that with the Fassbender version, it wouldn't be seen as being worthwhile to make but I think there's room for two versions and I have reservations about the believability of Fassbender to be honest - too young.  One of the (many) excellent things about Shakespeare is that there are rôles for all ages and for some, you need to wait; to grow into them and Macbeth is one of those.  I guess you could play him when he was younger - how old was Sean when he played him on stage? - but having studied it, I always think of Macbeth as someone older -Sean's age now being perfect - still in his prime but always aware of those younger, power hungry, ambitious men coming up behind him, ready to take his place, and this last piece of the action is how he sees it; his last chance to really show what he can do, and the desperation, the lust for power before he loses his chance forever is what takes him to places he would never have considered going before and that is the result of his ageing and feeling threatened and worn by that so it sits better on someone older rather than in their late thirties although warriors didn't live so long in those days so …

My only concern is who will play Lady Macbeth?  There was talk of Tilda Swinton - perfect for the role if the play was "Lady Macbeth" but it isn't and she would be overwhelming with her intensity and this is Macbeth's 'moment', Sean's moment - and Charlotte Gainsbourg is too young.  Surely the point of Lady M. is that she is Macbeth's equal, the perfect match in all ways, including age, let alone unstoppable ambition.  The loss of their child and that future is subsumed into her desire to help her husband with his lust for power - once he'd got used to the idea that such power was a possibility - she can't be too young or too sexy; she only needs to be sexy to him and the interplay between the two leads will show that aspect of their relationship, but the focus has to be on Macbeth, her intensity is secondary to his, and the choice of the actress needs to reflect that - in my opinion.

Personally I will be thrilled to see a new version of "Macbeth"- it is long overdue.  The Welles version seems really dated now and always was super theatrical - I'm not complaining, who can about Welles? - and the Polanski version, not surprisingly, was a gore-fest which, for me, was a distraction from the text and there is nothing about a Shakespeare text that you want to be distracted from, and although the Kurosawa version is astonishing, it is not everyone's idea of 'entertainment', so it is about time that a new interpretation of the play appears and it will be very interesting to see what Vincent Regan's interpretation is, and having sat through both "Airborne" and "The Lost Future", I think I've seen the worst so I'm really looking forward to this particular reward!

Offline bubble

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Super Fan
« Reply #165 on: August 25, 2014, 11:33:52 AM »
I wanted Michelle Fairley as Lady M but that would turn it into a mini GoT with Charles Dance and SB. She would be believable though.

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #166 on: September 28, 2014, 04:54:12 AM »
Update #22

IMBD & Kickstarter Profile Security

Dear Kickstarter backers, as some of you may have noticed there is a small issue with the IMDB funding producer credits. For some reason, IMDB seem to have consolidated all the funding producer names in to one 'Funding Producers of Enemy of Man' credit. This is something that has been initiated by IMDB and not the EOM team. We are working to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

We have also had a couple of issues whereby Kickstarter profiles have been hacked and emails have been sent out from backer profile email accounts. Please take a moment to update your security settings. If you find that you have been contacted or someone other than you is using your profile, please contact Kickstarter immediately.

Thank you again for your support and patience.

Vincent.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 05:03:24 AM by patch »

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #167 on: September 30, 2014, 12:45:17 PM »
Update #23

EOM Rewards

Dear Backers.

For those of you that have not received a survey it will be because one was not need for your reward tier, or we already have your mailing details etc. We are working very hard to get the rewards ready. Some of the rewards won't be available until the main feature goes into production, i.e swords, signed memorabilia. As we're sure you will all understand, currently our cast are spread out all over the world working on other projects. Please bear with us, we haven't forgotten anyone and we will get the rewards out as soon as humanly possible.

You can see Sean Bean in the hit US Show 'Legends' and Sam Spruel in the fantastic 'The Last Ship'

If anyone has any specific queries, please do get in touch and we'll do our best to answer any questions you have.

We truly appreciate your patience
Vincent & The EOM Team

« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 05:04:26 AM by patch »

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #168 on: September 30, 2014, 04:34:36 PM »
Thank you Patch !! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #169 on: November 26, 2014, 06:59:49 AM »
Update 24  NEW LOOK ENEMY OF MAN WEBSITE 

Posted by Vincent Regan

Dear Kickstarter backers

We've had a very busy couple of months, more recces and more work on the development of the Enemy of Man feature. We've refreshed the Enemy website and added a little more content, including some storyboard art.

http://www.enemyofmanmovie.com

We are also just about complete on the Instruments of Darkness short film and will be sending out usernames and passwords to login and download the film.

We would also like to take this opportunity to put out a 'LAST CALL' for surveys. For those of you that have had and have not yet returned, the deadline to do so is Friday December 5th.

As we come ever closer to going in to production of the main feature, keep your eyes peeled for more frequent updates. We're developing video diaries during the production process, which will be posted to the Enemy of Man website.

Thanks again for your patience and support. Exciting times ahead!

Warmest regards
Vincent and the Enemy of Man team

http://enemyofmanmovie.com/

Offline Beanfan

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Ian's Treasure
« Reply #170 on: November 26, 2014, 10:28:21 AM »
New Look - but no sound.^^

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #171 on: November 26, 2014, 09:19:30 PM »
Thanks patch. I'm not sure what survey He's talking about. Is that the one that wanted to know my mailing
address ????

:slyfox

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #172 on: November 27, 2014, 12:01:46 AM »
Thanks patch. I'm not sure what survey He's talking about. Is that the one that wanted to know my mailing
address ????

That's te one.

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #173 on: November 27, 2014, 11:44:28 AM »
Thank you Patch !!

:kissy

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #174 on: December 02, 2014, 03:29:20 PM »
So is it just me, or are other people having trouble down loading the trailer and storyboard ???

Amber

« Reply #175 on: December 02, 2014, 03:53:23 PM »

I am so jealous of those who had the opportunity to donate to the fund to get this made, never mind all the goodies you get for doing so that us lesser mortals who aren't in the loop won't have access to - boo hoo!

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #176 on: December 16, 2014, 12:25:13 PM »
  In the #studio with composer / producer Chris Cooper recording a Gaelic Psalm for a #Macbeth feature #film adaptation which goes into production early next year. Cast includes #SeanBean #CharlesDance & #RupertGrint! Excited! #music #filmmusic #filmsoundtrack #soundtrack #epic 

http://iconosquare.com/p/876877823578302554_420619953

Offline kristin724

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Fan
    • I Think, Therefore I Review
« Reply #177 on: December 17, 2014, 01:34:30 AM »
Into production early next year for Enemy of a Man? Is that the first there's been mention of a timeframe? And if that is the case, what does that mean for Frankenstein?

:backout

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #178 on: January 15, 2015, 01:46:00 PM »
It doesn't MEAN anything other than EoM still doesn't have the full funding to go into production and establish a firm schedule. Besides, "going into production" doesn't mean immediately starting filming. It means getting the go ahead to actually spend the funds by getting locations scheduled, sets built, hiring extras and crew, assembling the equipment, making costumes, script readings, and all those other things that have to be accomplished before you turn on the cameras.

Offline SMcFirefly

• Ian's Treasure
« Reply #179 on: January 15, 2015, 05:56:57 PM »
The should definitely be doing more updates to keep the interest of the backers.