News: Please be patient while modifications are made to the new themes to add in familiar menus and features.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 'Any Day'  (Read 39407 times)

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
Re: 'Any Day'
« Reply #140 on: August 19, 2015, 08:14:10 PM »
I just watched ANY DAY and enjoyed it very much !!! The dialogue could be better, but the acting is
EXCELLENT !!! You really feel for these people and what they're going through. In the end even the bully
as a good side. So why is there so many negative reviews about this movie ??? I hate to say it, but I think
the critics don't like story's about people who believe in GOD, prayer, and trust in FAITH to help them with
their problems in life. The only advice I can give them is most of my friends do pray and if they dislike that
FACT, then they should only watch comic book and super hero movies !! Maybe those films will get positive
reviews from them !!

:frustrate: :frustrate: :frustrate: :frustrate:
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 09:53:18 PM by lasue »

Offline Rebecca

• First Acolyte
  • Sharpe's Siren
« Reply #141 on: August 20, 2015, 08:42:00 AM »
I'm glad you liked it, Lasue. Everyone's different, fortunately. A Woman's Guide to Adultery is supposed to be awful, but I enjoyed it.

For me, I can say I don't have a problem with films about faith, but in Any Day, it seemed so superficial the ending. All of a sudden, he's going to AA and found God, but it's like, where, how, what happened? And I don't blame Sean's acting, I blame the script. I still wonder if that film started off being MORE Christian and they cut scenes out which would have made the development more comprehensible, or LESS Christian and they just slapped on a couple references to faith at the end.  But maybe I was just so irked over things like that editing of "shit/sham" that I wasn't concentrating afterwards. Or maybe I just didn't like the character, even though Sean played him well.

Offline crossing-sweeper

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Merrick's Clone
« Reply #142 on: August 20, 2015, 10:20:28 AM »
I agree with Rebecca. To me, the overt Christianity in Any Day was not a problem at all - in fact was an interesting aspect of the film. But if the characters are shallow and implausible then the Christianity just seems didactic and tacked on rather than developed.

I think Ca$h was also meant to be a film with a Christian message - though I must say it was harder to decipher as there was general moral muddle all round ... and nothing seemed to be very worked out. But as I've said here before, I thought here too Sean upped the level of a generally poorly-written and poorly-acted film by turning in another great performance.

He can turn dross into gold - no wonder he's in demand. I just wish he would take on a few projects that were gold in the first place.

Offline Rebecca

• First Acolyte
  • Sharpe's Siren
« Reply #143 on: August 20, 2015, 10:31:14 AM »
He can turn dross into gold - no wonder he's in demand. I just wish he would take on a few projects that were gold in the first place.
Yes, absolutely!

Offline kristin724

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Fan
    • I Think, Therefore I Review
« Reply #144 on: September 03, 2015, 01:48:09 AM »
I have to get my thoughts together more for a write up, but I like it.  The faith based points were just enough and I like the performances. It is a thin script, broad cliches that aren't anything new by any means, but it is a nice, intimate little piece expressing that relatable down on his luck that we just don't see in action a minute mainstream blockbusters.

Whew.  :thumbsup:

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #145 on: February 01, 2016, 10:56:41 AM »
Director Rustam Branaman talks ‘Any Day’, working with Sean Bean, Eva Longoria, Kate Walsh and more

TheCelebrityCafe.com : I feel as though you’ve gotten this one a lot already, but thank you for not killing off Sean Bean.

Rustam Branaman: Oh, sure!

TCC: But my first question is: How did you two end up working together on this project?

RB: Sean was my top choice. He’s an incredible actor, and he has a phenomenal on-screen presence and inner life — which is something I look for in actors: their inner life. What’s going on inside the subject. And we got him the screenplay, and he read it. He lives in the U.K., so after he read it and very liked it, Sean and I had a long phone call conversation — probably an hour-and-a-half phone call conversation — and it turns out, so often with actors they want to be clear about (if) the filmmaker is specific in his vision and where he’s going, because there’s a lot of trust — on both ends, actually. And so, Sean and I had an incredible phone conversation, and he agreed to do the role over the phone, which was fantastic.

http://thecelebritycafe.com/2016/01/director-rustam-branaman-talks-day-working-sean-bean-eva-longoria-kate-walsh/