News: Please be patient while modifications are made to the new themes to add in familiar menus and features.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Safermedia "the Sean Bean effect"?  (Read 1267 times)

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
Safermedia "the Sean Bean effect"?
« on: April 09, 2014, 09:25:20 AM »
Safermedia's website reveals that they were founded after a woman took offence at the Sean Bean adaptation of Lady Chatterley. 
https://twitter.com/PrimlyStable/status/453897169989562368

As a result of the BBC’s portrayal of Lady Chatterley’s Lover in the mid 1990s Pippa became concerned about the decline in media standards, and formed FIRMA (Families Involved in Raising Media Awareness) with some friends
http://www.safermedia.org.uk/aboutus.htm

« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 09:37:10 AM by patch »

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
Re: Safermedia "the Sean Bean effect"?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 10:17:37 AM »
Oooooo, scared...very scared... I doubt either of those women have ever had sex in anything other than the dark of their own bedrooms in the missionary position.  I know lots of women just like them and I can honestly say that they have enough problems right in their own backyard that they don't have any right to go telling anyone how to live their own.  I believe in the right to exercise my freedom via my telly remote and my right not to pay to attend any film that offends me, but I do NOT have the right to try to control what other people see. Women like that make me sick.
 :preacher

Offline Blue Jay

• The High Priestess
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 12:44:04 PM »
And finally you got to use that smiley. So appropriate!!

Offline najinboulder

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Kyle's Kitten
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 10:53:43 PM »
Obviously these women have never seen TV from the USA, and I am not talking cable, how about Desperate Housewives on normal TV.  There is more sex in 60 minutes of that show than there is in the entire Lady Chatterley movie.  I think "Get A Life" may apply here.

Offline Annie

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Sharpeshooter
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 08:00:16 AM »

The fact that one of them was, at a very early age, a member of Mary  Whitehouse's Natinal Viewers and Listeners panel says it all really.

While I appreciate their campaigns to enlighten and educate kids about the hidden dangers on the internet and other non regulated media - I do object to the TV stuff.  In the UK that's why there's the 9pm watershed (not sure what happens elsewhere). 

Reminds me of a letter to the BBC Wildlife magazine some years ago. A parent who really didn't get out enough was complaining that they could no longer allow their child to watch wildlife programmes on the BBC as they allowed animals to procreate in front of the camera and then had the audacity to screen it.  Apparently it conflicted with what they were telling their child about God creating all life.  I'm still wondering how they managed to have a child themselves.