News: Please refresh your browser on every visit as modifications are implemented relevant to the recent upgrade.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: “Maudie”  (Read 11327 times)

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
Re: “Maudie”
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2014, 03:32:15 PM »
That's not the only movie project that's been removed. Caesar, Scorched Earth, and Indian Summer have
also vanished !!!! What the  :censored: is going on !!!!

:frustrate: :frustrate: :frustrate:

Offline Waverunner

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Beanstalker
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2014, 08:05:15 PM »
I remember seeing somewhere Maudie was being filmed this Fall. Wonder if it is another case of filming date conflicts like Gunned Down? Where Sean picked working with Ridley Scott over the other projects.

Offline Waverunner

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Beanstalker
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2014, 08:07:34 PM »
That's not the only movie project that's been removed. Caesar, Scorched Earth, and Indian Summer have
also vanished !!!! What the  :censored: is going on !!!!

Does anyone know who updates Sean's IMDB page?

At the end of the Biography there are links for contributing to the page - at first glance it does not seem as if you have to be connect with Sean to contribute.  Is it the same for the main page or is it just his representatives that can add and delete projects such as his PA or "the one" who may or may not be acting as his PA.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 08:18:40 PM by Waverunner »

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2014, 08:38:16 PM »
In general, its his agent that manages his IMDB page, but corrections and additions can be made by anyone with first hand information. I have been allowed to make additions and corrections as I have been vetted as a reliable source. Its been some time since I have done so, as I do it only when I receive creditable information from authorized sources. Just because someone sends me an email doesn't mean the info gets added to IMDB, but if it is from a trusted or official source I have done so as to expedite the information being added. He's definitely off of Gunned Down, which is a relief, really as it still appears to be a Z-grade blood and bullets junk film. He's still on board Maudie, but it has been pushed way back into the second half of 2015 and is still scrambling for funding. Caesar has also been bumped to second half 2015, but Sean is no longer on board and they have yet to recast the part. Depending on scheduling with Martian, which has just started filming, he may or may not be able to pick that back up. Caesar is also not yet fully funded.

I'm not surprised at all the jumbling about as it is rather unusual for him to have more than 3 major projects going off in the same year. I'm sure the most lucrative for him is The Martian, and perhaps his role is more involved than what he usually gets in these sorts of projects. Regardless, whoever did the editing on his page did a real hatchet job by simply dropping projects completely before any any official word has come out about them. I say "official" announcements because those 3 missing projects were heavily announced in the first place. Personally, I'm quite please to see Gunned Down gone. That one had disaster written all over it.

Offline Waverunner

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Beanstalker
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2014, 10:07:50 AM »
Thanks for the information Sable899.

So it could be someone trying to clear his schedule for time for a leisurely get-away or honeymoon. :evillaugh (which I do not believe is going to happen long or short- that is the honeymoon I mean). :snark

I agree it's a good thing he is definitely off of Gunned Down and am also happy to see it gone. He is better than that.

Offline SMcFirefly

• Ian's Treasure
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2014, 05:07:33 PM »
In general, its his agent that manages his IMDB page, but corrections and additions can be made by anyone with first hand information. I have been allowed to make additions and corrections as I have been vetted as a reliable source. Its been some time since I have done so, as I do it only when I receive creditable information from authorized sources. Just because someone sends me an email doesn't mean the info gets added to IMDB, but if it is from a trusted or official source I have done so as to expedite the information being added. He's definitely off of Gunned Down, which is a relief, really as it still appears to be a Z-grade blood and bullets junk film. He's still on board Maudie, but it has been pushed way back into the second half of 2015 and is still scrambling for funding. Caesar has also been bumped to second half 2015, but Sean is no longer on board and they have yet to recast the part. Depending on scheduling with Martian, which has just started filming, he may or may not be able to pick that back up. Caesar is also not yet fully funded.

I'm not surprised at all the jumbling about as it is rather unusual for him to have more than 3 major projects going off in the same year. I'm sure the most lucrative for him is The Martian, and perhaps his role is more involved than what he usually gets in these sorts of projects. Regardless, whoever did the editing on his page did a real hatchet job by simply dropping projects completely before any any official word has come out about them. I say "official" announcements because those 3 missing projects were heavily announced in the first place. Personally, I'm quite please to see Gunned Down gone. That one had disaster written all over it.

Can you, or somebody edit his "Clarissa" section, it says on IMDB that he only appears in episode 1 and 4, but he is in all of them. It says that on Wikipedia too. I have been trying to change it but with no luck.
Thanks.

Amber

« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2014, 05:31:44 PM »

Damn - I was quite looking forward to Caesar just because I love the play and that period of history and the spectacle, but I wasn't really all that sure I could picture him in a toga and sandals, and the whole "Friends, Romans, Countrymen ..." line has been ruined by "Carry on Cleo" - I could say it's a line that has gone down in infamy but there we are again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2014, 09:36:35 PM »
Thank you Sable about sharing the information about Maudie. I really want Sean to be in this movie. It's
sounds like a wonderful film and as an artist I love stories about creative people and their personal struggles.
It's seems strange that the government hasn't raised the money for this movie. If more people knew about
Maudie and her artwork wouldn't that help with the tourist industry  in Newfoundland ??? Also think about
how much more valuable her artwork would be to collectors.

:slyfox

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2015, 01:38:36 AM »
Ethan Hawke boards Mongrel International's Maudie

The Oscar-nominated star of Boyhood will act opposite Sally Hawkins in Maudie, the true-life romance that is scheduled to shoot this summer in Newfoundland, Canada.

Hawke will play a reclusive fish peddler who falls for his arthritic housekeeper, the eponymous Maud who displays little talent for her job but huge ability as a painter and goes on to become a celebrated folk artist.

http://www.screendaily.com/festivals/berlin/news/ethan-hawke-boards-mongrels-maudie/5082658.article

One does not simply replace Sean Bean  :frustrate:

« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 02:30:55 AM by patch »

Offline Sable899

• Goddess Divine
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2015, 03:41:04 AM »
You can have Sean in Legends or you can have Sean in Maudie, but you can't have both.

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2015, 07:26:14 PM »
I REALLY wanted Sean to make the movie !! This story could have nailed him an OSCAR !! :frustrate:

7ty3

« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2015, 05:07:53 AM »
I REALLY wanted Sean to make the movie !! This story could have nailed him an OSCAR !! :frustrate:

Me too! That's disappointing...I was really looking forward to this one.

:arrrgh:

Offline SMcFirefly

• Ian's Treasure
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2015, 08:11:01 AM »
That's too bad. I was looking forward to it. Oh well, he's only 55, he has plenty of time left to get some well overdue Oscar buzz :P

Offline lasue

• First Acolyte
  • Vronsky's Vixen
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2015, 05:33:57 PM »
Well I guess I can't complain about Sean NOT being in this movie. After all him wanted to star in this film, but
he's in such high demand as an actor, that there is just not enough time this year to do it !! I can't remember
when he's ever being this busy !! Also if it was either MAUDIE or LEGENDS Sean would have to go with
LEGENDS !! Why, because LEGENDS totally SHOWCASES HIS VERSATILITY AS A GREAT ACTOR !! I think
most of Sean's fans would LOVE to see him in EOM. Maybe now there will be enough time to make this movie this YEAR !!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline moonflower

• Magna Cum Bean
  • Mellor's Mistress
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2015, 02:39:47 PM »
I'm sorry that Sean won't be in this movie.  I was looking forward to seeing him in a quiet, dramatic role like this one sounded.