News: Please refresh your browser on every visit as modifications are implemented relevant to the recent upgrade.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Sharpe star John Tams and Home Service at Beverley Folk Festival  (Read 2220 times)

Offline patch

• News Hound
  • Ulric's Lady
Sharpe star John Tams and Home Service at Beverley Folk Festival on June 21, 2014

He's been a Napoleonic War rifleman, an acclaimed songsmith and a rabble-rousing frontman and now John Tams is heading for Beverley Folk Festival. Ian Midgley reports.

It's best to be a moving target, says John Tams, that way they'll "never realise what a charlatan you are".

It's a strange thing to say for a man who has achieved so much in so many different fields during an illustrious career that has encompassed everything from folk musician to actor, songwriter and – most recently – impressive moustache-wearer.

But talking to the modest 65-year-old, whose band, Home Service, headline Beverley Folk Festival later this month, you get the feeling that, despite his considerable achievements, he's still, at heart, the same down-to-earth Derbyshire lad who left school aged 15 with no qualifications and went to work on the travelling fairgrounds.
http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Sharpe-star-John-Tams-Home-Service-Beverley-Folk/story-21203620-detail/story.html

Offline galamb

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Vronsky's Vixen
Re: Sharpe star John Tams and Home Service at Beverley Folk Festival
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 10:27:24 AM »
I'm sorry, I live in Spain

Offline najinboulder

• Frisk-eh's Playhouse
  • Kyle's Kitten
Re: Sharpe star John Tams and Home Service at Beverley Folk Festival
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 08:11:29 AM »
I do love his music.